Governor Bill Ritter of Colorado: Discuss...

Sihouette

I think this man deserves a good looksie.

He is, according to Tom Brokaw's probing interview last weekend (thank you Tom :) ) a conservative pro-life catholic (democrat remember..:eek: ) and an avid supporter of Barack Obama, the liberal pro-choice candidate.

He will also preside over the Denver (democratic party..don't forget) convention in August.

Now, do you think his influence pro-Obama is weird, given his perpendicular ideologies to Obama? I do.

Discuss..

Werbung:

He is, according to Tom Brokaw's probing interview last weekend (thank you Tom :) ) a conservative pro-life catholic (democrat remember..:eek: ) and an avid supporter of Barack Obama, the liberal pro-choice candidate.

He will also preside over the Denver (democratic party..don't forget) convention in August.

Now, do you think his influence pro-Obama is weird, given his perpendicular ideologies to Obama? I do.

Discuss..

No, many on the right do not vote solely along abortion lines. The man can support whoever he wants. He has to answer to his voters for his actions.

Well of course he can support anyone he likes...it's a free country.

Let me play the devil's advocate here...

Let's say Obama, Gloria Steinman, Whoopi Goldberg and a host of other liberals suddenly decided to infest the republican party, espousing pro-choice, gay marriage, total separation of church and state and a host of other liberal ideas but openly professed to support the republican right candidate.

Let's say that one of those flaming liberals made his/her way into the ranks of the republican party to preside over its convention that would determine which of two candidates would prevail as nominee.

Now do you see my problem?

And what's with Ritter being pro-life and supporting a pro-choice candidate? That's like a black man supporting the KKK. Just that alone, that he is pro-life and would join the pro-choice party.

Something ain't right. And I smell sabotage.

I can't smell sabotage but I do see a reddish colored line around various people’s lips, from drinking the kool aid.

Seriously, there is something about Obama that attracts people from every walk of life. I personally think it is very scary when you have priests and nuns cheering for a guy who votes for partial birth abortion and votes to deny a child who is born alive, medical care if the mother intended for that child to die in an abortion. The world is getting creepy.

There really doesn't seem to be any one in the middle, either they are obama "followers" or they hate his stinkin guts! His "followers" seem to worship the ground he walks on, excuses any immoral act on his part as “OK” and those of us who hate his stinkin guts can never see a reason to change our minds!

Well yes, there are the culties and the ones who hate his stinkin' guts but promote him anyways...

THAT is the situation with Ritter. If you only saw that interview with Brokaw. I can tell a slick from a mile away just by the smirk on his face when he talks "openly and honestly" about who he supports and why...

No, Ritter is no Obama cultie. He is "One of those". And they have been working 'round the clock since it looked like the cult was taking off earlier this year to promote him over Clinton come hell or high water.

There's a method behind their seeming "madness" and I urge people to explore what that method is before it's too late. That is if you care about the democratic party unity, or even our nation in the slightest way.

Now that the convention draws near in Denver, it's time to revisit the presiding mole:

Governor Bill Ritter of Colorado, who addressed members of the Democratic National Committee at the annual fall meeting this week, delivered the Democratic radio address. He pointed out that while the Republican contenders only offer more of the same, Democrats running for president are proposing substantive plans to provide families with affordable health care, take advantage of renewable energy resources, revitalize our economy, and responsibly end the war in Iraq.

Governor Ritter highlighted that fact that Democrats have made electoral gains in the West and across the country. He said that Democratic leaders will win as they [curiously, not "we"]continue to offer new ideas and challenge Republicans on values.~ http://www.democrats.org/a/2007/12/colorado_govern.php

One of the paramount values Ritter ostensibly detests must be their pro-life stance.

If you had to pick THE main value issue of the right, it would be that and that alone.

Now, let's look at Governor Ritter's bio:

He advised United States Attorney General John Ashcroft on affairs after September 11, 2001...

..In 1987, Ritter and his wife Jeannie moved to Zambia as missionaries for the Catholic Church..

..Ritter is popular with rural Coloradans, who in the past have tended to vote for Republican candidates (particularly Front Range voters). This may stem from Ritter's perceived rural roots...

..state Democrats encouraged other candidates, such as Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper, to pursue the office of Governor, due to concerns over Ritter's pro-life stance... Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Ritter_(politician)

Well to be fair, like any politician he seems to waffle on his moral fiber. On the one hand he's a catholic missionary, wherein the word of his God denounces abortion in any circumstance. Yet on the other hand he signs bills allowing abortion in cases where rape or fetal malformation are involved.

One has to wonder where this republicanesque "democrat"'s allegiances truly lie? Did he tout a democratic agenda merely to get elected in an area where those votes were sorely needed to get him to office? You don't compromise fundamental catholicism that says you'll go to hell if you stray. So really, deep down, where do his values lie?

And why would he promote a man like Obama who is outspokenly pro-abortion under a myriad of conditions, given this catholic mandate?

Either you're pro-life or you aren't when it comes to this issue.

And if you are pro-life, and wishy washy, and sneaky to get elected and you're a de facto republican supporting pro-choice Obama, what are you really saying?

Answer: He's just like me, in a manner of speaking..

A quick reminder to democrats voting at the Convention. If you nominate Obama and he loses for all the reasons (See: Edward's scandal and Sinclair "in play" story) predicted BEFORE the convention vote, then you will have knowingly demonstrated foolish risk-taking at the expense of the democratic party.

We will thereby judge you unfit for office next time around.

Word to the wise. If you nominate Obama, keep your fingers crossed about the Sinclair issue. Your very career may depend on it..

Some humor :p

We're making a list. Checking it twice. Gonna find out who voted to spite.. Hillary's sure landslide this Fall...

We see you when you're speaking. We know what's true and fake. Sinclair says he's been bad not good.. so find out what's all at stake!

OH...you better find out, you'd better just try, you'd better not shout "Obama's our guy"...and throw out a sure winner for a clown...

I can't smell sabotage but I do see a reddish colored line around various people’s lips, from drinking the kool aid.

Seriously, there is something about Obama that attracts people from every walk of life. I personally think it is very scary when you have priests and nuns cheering for a guy who votes for partial birth abortion and votes to deny a child who is born alive, medical care if the mother intended for that child to die in an abortion. The world is getting creepy.

This is dead on target. I've carefully watched some of Obama's speeches. I've studied his website. I've even tried to imagine myself as a liberal, and how I would react. And for the life of me, I just don't get it. Know how it feels to be me right now, vis-a-vis the Bot hysteria? It's as if Bozo the Clown were treated as the second coming of Christ. I am totally baffled by peoples' reactions. Obama is certainly the biggest non-entity who ever ran for president. He has cruised through life on "affirmative action". Four years ago, he was just a ghetto politician. His speeches are insipid and utopian. His slogan "change" is ambiguous and aimed at the non-thinking. He LOOKS funny - not that that matters to me, but it has been a factor in people who generate a cult-like following. I'm repeatedly reminded of Hitler. I am not of course calling Obama a nazi - the extent of the comparison is that a cultured, super-intelligent, civilized country suddenly wildly and hysterically supported a crackpot non-entity - why?? Apparently once every 200 years or so, advanced countries mysteriously go wacko.

Discuss..

I think this thread has already been settled in another considering that the argument is Obama's ablitiy to wrangle in people from all walks of life.

Via: Popeye in Repbulicans for Obama
Not all Republicans are jerks. In a conference call with reporters today the formation of the group "Republicans for Obama" was announced. Three Republicans....former Rep. Jim Leach of Iowa, former Sen. Lincoln Chafee of RI, and former WH. intelligence adviser Rita Hauser spoke about the group and why they support Obama. The group plans to have a website up in a couple of days.

Leach:

"In my judgment there's a difference between realism and pseudo-realism The pseudo-realists believe that we can operate in the world alone, that expanding international law doesn't matter, that things like arms control are false starts."You try to work with allies, rather than without them, and that is the kind of realism that I think is common sense to the vast majority of the American people, and that's what Senator Obama is reflecting in so many of his speeches."

Chafee said that we “we’ve seen our credibility shattered” over the last eight years. Leach added, “The prospect that we’ll have more of the same....that is the source of angst of many Republicans around the country."

Hauser said that while it was hard to walk away from her party's nominee she had to "put country first."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...2/1261942.aspx

It's one thing to have right-leaning people begrudgingly deciding to vote for "the other guy".

And quite another to have a right-leaning "democrat" hosting the Denver convention where the fate of the democratic party (literally) will be decided by voting in a scandal-prone youngster just barely (currently) cutting a lead (and falling behind) over a picked-clean candidate with tons of backing and experience.

The issue is undue influence placed in exactly the wrong postion. And his name is Ritter.

Seriously, there is something about Obama that attracts people from every walk of life. I personally think it is very scary when you have priests and nuns cheering for a guy...

It's called a positive campaign. Uniting not dividing. That's very attractive to a whole lot of people.

Things have gotten so bad in so many ways under authoritarian Republican rule and there has been so many Republican scandals and busted out lies that people of all walks are just fed up and want to make a major change!

It's called a positive campaign. Uniting not dividing. That's very attractive to a whole lot of people.

Things have gotten so bad in so many ways under authoritarian Republican rule and there has been so many Republican scandals and busted out lies that people of all walks are just fed up and want to make a major change!

When priests and nuns rally around a man who wants to make sure people have a right to kill children, there is a problem. Positive campaigning has nothing to do with it.

Hitler had a way with the crowds too. It didnt make it right, and had I seen a priest or nun rally around his ideas I would have said that is wierd too.

as wierd as what Silouette was saying, its odd for a very pro life guy to rally behind an extreme abortion guy.

When priests and nuns rally around a man who wants to make sure people have a right to kill children, there is a problem. Positive campaigning has nothing to do with it.

Hitler had a way with the crowds too. It didnt make it right, and had I seen a priest or nun rally around his ideas I would have said that is wierd too.

as wierd as what Silouette was saying, its odd for a very pro life guy to rally behind an extreme abortion guy.

No politician is invoking a law mandating that someone has an abortion. All a woman has to do is just not go have an abortion. It's a very personal medical decision that should be left between a woman and her doctor. Pro Choice just means that a woman retains custody over her own body pregnant or not.

As for the priests I give them no pass for being anything special one way or the other. There's been enough "good religious priests" diddling little boys over the years to fill a phone book.

The Hitler analogy is pardon me (stupid);). To go by that logic JFK was Hitler... MLK was Hitler... Ronald Reagan was Hitler...

To go along the path that being charismatic and a good public speaker is "Hitler like" begs the question. Most serial killers are kinda quiet. They must then be the Presidential type!:confused:

The other thing about Hitler (if you've ever watched even one Hitler speech) is that he spoke not eloquently but hostilely. There's a HUGE difference.

Our good Presidential type public speakers are inspirational for good purposes and a positive vison... enter Senator Obama.

No politician is invoking a law mandating that someone has an abortion. All a woman has to do is just not go have an abortion. It's a very personal medical decision that should be left between a woman and her doctor. Pro Choice just means that a woman retains custody over her own body pregnant or not.

As for the priests I give them no pass for being anything special one way or the other. There's been enough "good religious priests" diddling little boys over the years to fill a phone book.

The Hitler analogy is pardon me (stupid);). To go by that logic JFK was Hitler... MLK was Hitler... Ronald Reagan was Hitler...

To go along the path that being charismatic and a good public speaker is "Hitler like" begs the question. Most serial killers are kinda quiet. They must then be the Presidential type!:confused:

The other thing about Hitler (if you've ever watched even one Hitler speech) is that he spoke not eloquently but hostilely. There's a HUGE difference.

Our good Presidential type public speakers are inspirational for good purposes and a positive vison... enter Senator Obama.

I am not saying Obama is hiter

I am saying that to put so much stock in his ability to draw a group is nothing, even hitler could draw a group

and yes i would agree the idea that obama is like hitler is ALMOST as stupid as the idea bush is like hitler.

I only mean in how his followers think its such a big deal that he can draw a group

Hitler could draw a bigger group and Paris Hilton can draw at least as large :)

Priests that molest kids is as freaky of a thought to me as priests who would get all hot over obama

I am not saying Obama is hiter

I am saying that to put so much stock in his ability to draw a group is nothing, even hitler could draw a group

Let's just be straight forward here. The whole point of running for any political office is to get large crowds to come and listen to your message. Do ya know of anybody that runs for an elected office and says... Wow I hope nobody shows up tonight?

Come on... you know that's absurd.:)

If you connect with people you succeed... if you don't you fail.

Senator Obama is succeeding at getting his message across... that's a good thing!

Werbung:
lol well you said no one ever has no one show up

but didnt you say mccain has no one showing up, so I guess at least one person has no one showing up.

I think its a great thing when people get large crowds. its that obamas large crowds are something to behold it seems in dem eyes.

its like this....

look oh my gosh he has the largest crowds on record, this is really something, this has meaning

well.. no its not that big of a deal and if thats the biggest thing Obama has to offer is he can draw a crowd of women who think he has soft eyes and faints
heck hitler probably drew bigger crowds than that and they probably cheered louder. and hitlers followers died for him, so he was way more popular!

so i dont think its a big deal about crowds, the best and the worst people out there can draw big numbers.

but really

all the jokes of bush being like hitler, and decent is so great,

i cant wait, if Obama is elected I will have so much decent and I will compare him to every dirty thing bush was compared to and I will do it often :)

but decent will show im a patriot right, because its the most patriotic thing to do :) :) :)

Back