Governor tells the NAAPC to "kiss my butt."

PLC1

Staff member
Maine gov tells NAACP to 'kiss my butt'

Maine’s governor on Friday told a major African American organization to “kiss my butt” after the group complained he wasn’t taking part in Martin Luther King Day events next week.

Paul LePage, a newly elected Republican, is facing criticism from the NAACP for turning down invitations to events marking the MLK holiday on Monday.

"Tell them to kiss my butt,” the governor, who’s been in office two weeks, said in a local TV interview.

Werbung:
The NAACP is an anachronism. It's basically a bunch of old guys left over from the civil rights era. In a time when american blacks are the most privileged group in american history, the NAACP has no real purpose.

Good for the governor. The NAACP is ridiculous and a bunch of false-alarmist drama queens.

I knew that, but does not disprove that he is a idiot politically. A sorry but i am not going would have been fine...now regardless he just gets to piss people off for no reason...

Except that if he managed to piss off <1% of his constituency, while making points with the other 99+%, his comment was a pretty shrewd move.

If he were the governor of Georgia, say, or Alabama, then he might have lost points.

Except that if he managed to piss off <1% of his constituency, while making points with the other 99+%, his comment was a pretty shrewd move.

If he were the governor of Georgia, say, or Alabama, then he might have lost points.

yes, blacks are a very small % p there (1.2 if I recall compared to 1.5 hispanic and 1 asian). any folks up there are not like many PC folks elsewhere. I expect he understands his constituants.

Werbung:
Back