Govt schools still turning out garbage

Money is an important factor in the equation. You can measure the results of how students do academically in impoverished areas with those that live in areas with better financial resources, if you really think money has nothing to do with it.

Like I said in another post, the private school my kids attended, were able to educate AT LESS THAN HALF of what the public school in my area got, which was close to the national average of per pupil spending. So no, money was not the defining element regarding their education.

Education is forced and if you do not pay that portion of your tax dollars for a certain length of time, people in blue uniforms with guns will come and get you.

I have no clue what that means.

Werbung:
The best predictor of success in school is the educational level of the parents, particularly, of the mother. In general, educated people have more money than uneducated people, and so live in more upscale neighborhoods. The kids from those neighborhoods do better in school than most, but that's not due to the money that the school has to educate them. It's due to the education of the parents.

Meanwhile, schools in Title I neighborhoods (Title I is federal money to help the poor do better in school) often have more money than the ones in the wealthier areas, at least here in California, and yet have poorer outcomes. The poor outcomes are not the fault of Title I, nor of having more money. They are the result of lower levels of education on the part of the parents.

According to a 2010 special report from the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the number one predictor of a child's early school success is his or her mother's education level. Would it be surprising to learn that nearly a quarter of Texas children live in homes where the head of the household is not a high school graduate? Or that one in five Houston residents lack basic literacy skills?

source

Like I said in another post, the private school my kids attended, were able to educate AT LESS THAN HALF of what the public school in my area got, which was close to the national average of per pupil spending. So no, money was not the defining element regarding their education.

In my second post I refined my point that money is an important factor. Do you realize you are using one incident "your kids" to prove your point versus a larger number. If you look at one anecdotal experience of your kids going to a cheaper school and becoming successful that would not be an accurate measurement to the majority. I am sorry you did not understand the meaning of my statement about people in blue uniforms. I am simply referring to police, and if you don't pay your taxes to the government for a long enough time they " people in the blue uniforms" can get a warrant to arrest you. If you resist arrest they can use force. Now, many people pay taxes which go to public schools, henceforth my point about money.

In my second post I refined my point that money is an important factor. Do you realize you are using one incident "your kids" to prove your point versus a larger number. If you look at one anecdotal experience of your kids going to a cheaper school and becoming successful that would not be an accurate measurement to the majority.
You do realize that my kids were not the only one's in that school. The school where my kids went, had about a thousand students, from all different socio-economic backgrounds.

The school had a 95% graduation rate with 70% going on to higher education, many with scholarships.

But you don't educate. There is NO evidence most religious schools are even accredited in the states they are. AND they take faith based money to boot.

You do realize that my kids were not the only one's in that school. The school where my kids went, had about a thousand students, from all different socio-economic backgrounds.

The school had a 95% graduation rate with 70% going on to higher education, many with scholarships.
Link to the school?

But you don't educate. There is NO evidence most religious schools are even accredited in the states they are. AND they take faith based money to boot.

Accredited for what? I'm talking about private vs public education K-12.

Accredited for what? Passing the SAT tests?

My mother taught 1st grade in public schools for over 30 years.
I used to read the NEA magazine that she got every month and it used to be filled with education topics.
Today my wife works in the public schools and the same mags are 50% union propaganda.
The last one she got included a comparison of prez candidates. Guess which ones got the favored press?
Union propaganda has replaced education topics and this is a reflection of what is important to the leadership of Teacher's unions.
Protecting the union is now at least as important as the education your kids get.
This ain't good and it's probly gonna get worse.

I realize first of all that the OP was done years ago along with the original comments. But I feel the need to comment on this, because I want to know where this so called money is that is being thrown at education. Because guess what in my state in the past several years it has been the oppostie. In fact, right now in the state of Arizona there is currently a lawsuit in effect over money that was systemactically taken out of education millions of dollars worth that guess what the state had no right to touch or take out of education. So far this case hasn't been settled because the state of Arizona doesn't have it to give back yet with each passing day more money is added to that debt. As a result of the cuts that were taken out of education some educators lost their jobs because they were laid off or couldn't afford to stay in the profession. So, there is no money that I can see being thrown at education not in my state that is.

I recall reading somewhere that a lot of American kids are coming to the UK as they get a better education here than in the States. The biggest fear in America is that the school systems are "dumbing down" to keep pass rates high (just like in the UK state sector schools).

Private schools in the UK are doing very well out of Americans at the moment and I think that some of your universities are opening up campuses here too!

Universities and colleges aren't dumbing down the standards for sure. If that was the case more people would be passing, especially in the case of math and science. As far as other subjects go, it may be easy to pass in a university, but it can be difficult to make a B.

I sent my kids to a private school. I don't know why the Federal or State governments are involved in this.

This is because they fail to realize that testing more does not equal better or more rigorous study and concentration. If anything, it gives teachers less time to teach the way they should be teaching, instead of rushing to get in what they are going to need for a test. A lot of children need specialized help or care, and the teachers won't have time for it.

I have never gone to a public school (even college and grad school were private), so your assertions on that would be better than mine.

That said, the private schools that I went to, we were divided up based on grades and ability starting in the 3rd grade. It could be changed depending on continued performance, but that carried all the way through up until High School were then we were put in Honors and AP classes.

So, in the private school system (which has less money and pays less than the public school system in most cases) manages to churn out quality student after quality student (100% of my graduating class in High School went to college) while the public school system continues to fail into oblivion.
The case is the atmosphere, not the way it's divided. I went to public school my entire life, and we had the same divisions with Honors and AP classes. If you started dropping in one, you would be reduced to the lower class to help you through, and vice versa if you did well in a class. It's more about the atmosphere they are brought up in, and go to school in. Peer pressure and environment can have a much heavier effect than you would think.

Schools just need one thing.
Counselors.
More counselors.
Thousands and thousands and thousand of counselors.
Someone has to employ the dross vomited up by Ivy league Universities.
At a high rate of pay--equal to their status.

Werbung:
In some countries like Australia all schools are accredited . Government give some money to all schools. Private schools have better results because they are in certain rich suburbs. Public schools in these suburbs also do well.

Back