Govt schools still turning out garbage

I think this deserves another thread, as it's gotten off topic. Yeah, as dogtowner was saying, once liberals are face to face with negative versions of certain races, then they hate them as much as racist bigots do. Actually, you could even apply the idea to redneck whites. They all aren't like Larry the Cable guy, some are very mean, and unkind to blacks etc..

Werbung:
I think this deserves another thread, as it's gotten off topic. Yeah, as dogtowner was saying, once liberals are face to face with negative versions of certain races, then they hate them as much as racist bigots do. Actually, you could even apply the idea to redneck whites. They all aren't like Larry the Cable guy, some are very mean, and unkind to blacks etc..
Some certainly are. Bigotry is common and directed many ways. Racism is less common.

You're right - it is way off topic. Why not start a new thread?

You have a point. However, the sad and uncomfortable truth is that people reap what they sow on all sides. Groups other than white people have made mistakes and have to reap a karma. Also, whites have resorted to oppressing others and hence, will have to deal with the fallout.

The main fallacy people make is saying other groups are more evil than their own group.

In regards to your other comment, I think people are divided into groups, but that doesn't mean I'm a racist. For instance, if I said white southerners, in general, supported Jim Crow, well, I'm dividing people into groups which are sort of based on race.

The generations that did the sowing are either dead or getting off free. I don't believe in the old and ridiculous practice of punishing people for the sins of their fathers and grandfathers etc...

The generations that did the sowing are either dead or getting off free. I don't believe in the old and ridiculous practice of punishing people for the sins of their fathers and grandfathers etc...

People are still sowing the hate. Where I live a lot of people are vicously racist, including the younger generation. Due to the Appalachian culture here, I doubt if this situation will ever stop, nor the karma that goes with it.

Last edited:
I've lived in 9 different U.S. states and I've seen horrible government schools and I have seen great ones. There are a lot of factors that influence whether a public school is a great one. The first one is money. Money buys technology, new books, better teachers, and better facilities. The second is parental involvement. I have seen tons of schools that had money, at least adequate enough funds, but most parents didn't get involved because they weren't encouraged to and the school suffered. Other major factors include: the crime rate, the teachers, and accountability measures placed upon the school itself. I really could list a ton of factors, but no one wants to read my lengthy dissertation about how we continually set our children up for failure and waste our precious tax dollars.

People are still sowing the hate. Where I live a lot of people are vicously racist, including the younger generation. Due to the Appalachian culture here, I doubt if this situation will ever stop, nor the karma that goes with it.
The changes that are often adopted to address these issues seem to get applied nationally or in places that aren't like the area you speak of unfortunately. A lot of people that don't have anything to do with the mess are held back over this nonsense.

I've lived in 9 different U.S. states and I've seen horrible government schools and I have seen great ones. There are a lot of factors that influence whether a public school is a great one. The first one is money. Money buys technology, new books, better teachers, and better facilities. The second is parental involvement. I have seen tons of schools that had money, at least adequate enough funds, but most parents didn't get involved because they weren't encouraged to and the school suffered. Other major factors include: the crime rate, the teachers, and accountability measures placed upon the school itself. I really could list a ton of factors, but no one wants to read my lengthy dissertation about how we continually set our children up for failure and waste our precious tax dollars.
Luckily you render your first point moot with your second.
Schools will be only as good as the parents demand that they be.
It comes first as seeing that their children take school seriously and second that their schools perform.
Parents who do not parent have massive school budgets and schools that don't (cant) perform.

Luckily you render your first point moot with your second.
Schools will be only as good as the parents demand that they be.
It comes first as seeing that their children take school seriously and second that their schools perform.
Parents who do not parent have massive school budgets and schools that don't (cant) perform.
Exactly. The parents are the first and most important teachers that the child will ever have. No amount of funding of schools can make up for poor parenting.

The changes that are often adopted to address these issues seem to get applied nationally or in places that aren't like the area you speak of unfortunately. A lot of people that don't have anything to do with the mess are held back over this nonsense.

That's pretty much the way it goes in life. A lot of people are venting hate at people whom they know have nothing to do with the problem. Seems like most the frustration involves this aspect of racism. You can't even really say it's racial profiling, because as I said, it's 100 percent sure the attacker knows the person being vented at is innocent.

You make some really good points here. I think crime is one of the big ones. Better security could make a big difference for a lot of kids (in my opinion). I've gone to schools where I was afraid. You can't learn a thing under those conditions.

Parents do have to play their part. I completely agree. I just get tired of all the "parent shaming," as if everything wrong is the fault of the parents, yet none of the good things are credited to the parents. Teachers are with the kids 8 hours per day. Let's make sure (part of being involved) that they doing what they're supposed to do as well.

You make some really good points here. I think crime is one of the big ones. Better security could make a big difference for a lot of kids (in my opinion). I've gone to schools where I was afraid. You can't learn a thing under those conditions.

Parents do have to play their part. I completely agree. I just get tired of all the "parent shaming," as if everything wrong is the fault of the parents, yet none of the good things are credited to the parents. Teachers are with the kids 8 hours per day. Let's make sure (part of being involved) that they doing what they're supposed to do as well.
Closer to 6 hrs.
Parents doing their job will ensure teachers are willing and able to do their part.
I likeep to credit the kids if, after being made aware that doing their job is learning, achieve.
Of course teachers help, of course parents help but it's the kids that do it.

Ultimately it boils down to the parents. Parents are raising children which have too many problems for teachers to handle. On top of that, some are feeding them unhealthy food. This food causes the kids to have problems which may be given silly labels like ADHD.

Werbung:
Ultimately it boils down to the parents. Parents are raising children which have too many problems for teachers to handle. On top of that, some are feeding them unhealthy food. This food causes the kids to have problems which may be given silly labels like ADHD.
ADHD is real and not just a matter of diet. That said, it has to be properly diagnosed not just assumed.

Back