1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Grading the debate

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Popeye, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

By MARK HALPERIN / OXFORD, MISSISSIPPI Sat Sep 27, 3:25 PM ET

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/gradingthefirstpresidentialdebate

Ah victory...it has a sweet taste.

2. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

LOL-Substance-Obama = C or C-

and no way he got an A in style with all those Im about to crap my pants expressions.

3. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

You were hardly an unbiased observer, for whatever deep seeded reason, you hate Obama. You had already decided the winner before the debate started. In fact, it appears the McCain supporters felt McCain won, Obama backers felt he had the edge. The tiebreaker...polls, the majority of which show Obama to be the winner.

I thought this one comment from the debate grading was particularly noteworthy...Standing comfortably on the stage with his rival, he showed he belonged - evocative of Reagan, circa 1980. That's exactly what Obama needed to do, look presidential, and that's what he did.

I like this comment too... Two more performances like that and he will be very tough to beat on Election Day. because that's becoming real obvious.

4. Pandora

You should pay closer attention to what I say before you try to put words in my mouth.

I started a thread called "who won the debate?" read the first post from me, I said it was a tie. I never went into it thinking anyone was going to win and I did no leave it thinking anyone won.

I think it was a tie

I am just not stupid enough to say Obama got an A in any part of it, Neither of them did.

They both at best got B's and C's, though I dont think either of them got a D in anything.

5. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Come on Popeye, you have started other debate threads, why do you insist on continuing to make them. Post it in one of your other threads on the debate that you started.

6. Popeye

Popeye Active Member

In honor of the upcoming VP debate, I give you your favorite air headed VP choice in the swimsuit competition:

7. Pandora

Does she have to dress like a man and have no fem qualities to be qualified as a VP

for someone who comes from the party that spews equality speech like vomit you are being pretty sexist!

Is she only acceptable if she is a dike who likes killing babies and higher taxes?

8. Vyddo

Vyddo New Member

I wouldn't take anything MARK HALPERIN says seriously..

link:

http://www.webmd.com/news/20080927/grading-first-presidential-debate?src=RSS_PUBLIC

That's about as neutral and professional review your going to get.

9. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Another lib "journalist" kisses obama's ass, and you expect anyone to read it without giggling? :D