Greed Is Destroying United States

Old_Trapper70

Just wondering what people think about this.

http://economyincrisis.org/content/...corporations-are-destroying-the-united-states

Greed and corruption seem to go hand in hand, especially when discussing money in politics. In fact, it can be said that one major root of greed stems from the government and corporations that have accumulated their wealth and success at the expense of the common U.S. citizen. With so many greedy politicians and corporation profiting from the dismal economic reality that faces so many average Americans, one can’t help but wonder: Is greed destroying the United States? The answer is “yes.”

Many of our own legislators stand as examples of how greed is destroying the country. Their greed trickles down into our society and is reflected in the bills they approve in Congress—bills that often benefit them and the lobbyists they serve rather than the people they have forgotten. That being said, these self-serving legislators are only focused on themselves and how they will get ahead in today’s society. This self-centered, greedy approach to leadership and governing creates a sort of butterfly effect that destroys jobs, relationships, laws and our ability to do what is in the best interest of the people.

Werbung:
Eric Cantor put his career ahead of his constituents so we threw him out and replaced him with a guy whose entire campaign cost what Cantor spent on steak dinners.

This is a thing you can fix.

Eric Cantor put his career ahead of his constituents so we threw him out and replaced him with a guy whose entire campaign cost what Cantor spent on steak dinners.

This is a thing you can fix.

Where do you get this irrelevant BS?

Sadly greed is a human trait though, not just an American one, and look at every nation and you'll see that greed is a part if their make up.

I don't have a very high opinion of politicians for example, and a few years ago, wether you agreed with a politician or not, you could see that what they was saying was what they truly believed. These days they're only interested in feathering their own nest and making themselves into mini celebrities. It's their greed that make them want to be politicians in the first place so we've no chance of finding one that's got the best interests of the country at heart.

Elections are often simply bought by corporations. The corporations buy the candidates. That's why Fidel Castro called the US a one party state as a response to criticism that his nation was the same. Of course, in the US we do have freedom of speech though. However, what good is freedom of speech when it cannot cause real change?

Elections are often simply bought by corporations. The corporations buy the candidates. That's why Fidel Castro called the US a one party state as a response to criticism that his nation was the same. Of course, in the US we do have freedom of speech though. However, what good is freedom of speech when it cannot cause real change?

Releases stress in your body, :))

You were bitch in about congress I was showing you how fix it instead of just whining.

No, that was not what you said at all. You said:

"Eric Cantor put his career ahead of his constituents so we threw him out and replaced him with a guy whose entire campaign cost what Cantor spent on steak dinners.

This is a thing you can fix."

Cantor opposed immigration reform, and supported citizenship for those already here. This was contrary to what his constituents wanted. They wanted all illegals gone. Then Democrats switched parties to vote against him, and he lost.

YOU "fixed" nothing save for putting another right winger in office.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/09/14/a...-republican-sees-little-change-in-washington/

I'll agree that greed has fueled a small portion of people to amass the majority of available wealth in the United States. That said, Greed has historically fueled a lot of production, development and prosperity in capitalist systems and isn't always a bad thing.

No, that was not what you said at all. You said:

"Eric Cantor put his career ahead of his constituents so we threw him out and replaced him with a guy whose entire campaign cost what Cantor spent on steak dinners.

This is a thing you can fix."

Cantor opposed immigration reform, and supported citizenship for those already here. This was contrary to what his constituents wanted. They wanted all illegals gone. Then Democrats switched parties to vote against him, and he lost.

YOU "fixed" nothing save for putting another right winger in office.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/09/14/a...-republican-sees-little-change-in-washington/
Cantor got whatever BO wanted passed against the wishes of his district for a number of years. Getting rid of him was not fast and it all happened before immigration became a crisis.
Perhaps if you chose to be part of the solution more positive replacements could hit the halls of Congress.
Or you could stay on the porch and grouse.

I'll agree that greed has fueled a small portion of people to amass the majority of available wealth in the United States. That said, Greed has historically fueled a lot of production, development and prosperity in capitalist systems and isn't always a bad thing.
A lot? How about all ?
Being the land of opportunity will do that.

Do not confuse greed with ones natural desire to gain more wealth for the benefit of ones family, or as the basis for helping ones neighbor, or even for self gratification. This is that which created the wealthiest nation on earth. However, the greed that is now destroying that same place has no place in a civilized society. It is the same form of greed that has driven every despot ruler in history.

https://seattlewordsmith.wordpress.com/2016/02/24/on-greed/

greed.jpg

What a despicable ailment is greed.

It’s what spurs men on to support despots and conquer nations so their own personal fortunes will grow.

It’s what causes brother to kill brother because they must have his wife or money or drugs or fame or food.

It’s what changes people from healthy specimens to gluttonous swine.

It’s what creates immeasurable fear in you as you’re running away from a looted furniture store with a recliner in a shopping cart.

It’s what causes great dissention between the rich and the poor.

It’s what causes resentments at otherwise casually peaceful meetings.

It’s what causes unnecessary clutter in people’s homes.

The only thing you can take with you to the grave as a result of greed is greed. Everything else is tripe.

Just wondering what people think about this.

http://economyincrisis.org/content/...corporations-are-destroying-the-united-states

Greed and corruption seem to go hand in hand, especially when discussing money in politics. In fact, it can be said that one major root of greed stems from the government and corporations that have accumulated their wealth and success at the expense of the common U.S. citizen. With so many greedy politicians and corporation profiting from the dismal economic reality that faces so many average Americans, one can’t help but wonder: Is greed destroying the United States? The answer is “yes.”

Many of our own legislators stand as examples of how greed is destroying the country. Their greed trickles down into our society and is reflected in the bills they approve in Congress—bills that often benefit them and the lobbyists they serve rather than the people they have forgotten. That being said, these self-serving legislators are only focused on themselves and how they will get ahead in today’s society. This self-centered, greedy approach to leadership and governing creates a sort of butterfly effect that destroys jobs, relationships, laws and our ability to do what is in the best interest of the people.
I like analysis of corruption as a potential side effect of vast accumulations of power and wealth. I think the issue can be extended to almost every human encounter.

In short, I believe greed is destroying the world, not just the U.S. and at faster rates.

I like analysis of corruption as a potential side effect of vast accumulations of power and wealth. I think the issue can be extended to almost every human encounter.

In short, I believe greed is destroying the world, not just the U.S. and at faster rates.

I would agree. Income inequality certainly is not limited to the US, and the billionaire class is growing faster in several other countries.

Werbung:
The only candidate who could avoid being bought out by corprate interest is Donald Trump. However, we can't really be sure if he will really turn against corporate interests, considering he's a rich man himself. Also, as we all know, his political incorrectness has offended countless people and has contributed to a negative image.

Back