Green firms get fed $ pay bonuses then fail

dogtowner

Staff member
whats interesting is that ABC is reporting it

We're seeing this pattern over and over among BOs selected winners. Scam seems to be the only appropriate way to describe it.

President Obama's Department of Energy helped finance several green energy companies that later fell into bankruptcy -- but not before the firms doled out six-figure bonuses and payouts to top executives, a Center for Public Integrity and ABC News investigation found.
Take, for instance, Beacon Power Corp., the second recipient of an Energy Department loan guarantee in 2009. In March 2010, the Massachusetts energy storage company paid cash bonuses of $259,285 to three executives in part due to progress made on the $43 million energy loan, Securities and Exchange Commission records show. Last October, Beacon Power filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

EnerDel, maker of lithium-ion battery systems, landed a $118.5 million energy grant in August 2009. About one-and-a-half years later, Vice President Joe Biden toured a company plant in Indiana and heralded its taxpayer-supported expansion as one of the "100 Recovery Act Projects That Are Changing America."

Two months after Biden's visit, EnerDel corporate parent Ener1 paid $725,000 in bonuses to three executives -- including $450,000 to then-CEO Charles Gassenheimer, who led Biden on the tour. This January, Ener1 filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Werbung:
Its funny when its a non green company you would just say thats Capitalism or not care...but when its a green company...you care. Welcome to the real world companies give big payouts to there top people when failing...they give even bigger payouts to people who failed so bad they where fired...If you file bankrupcy...you give a bonus to the top brass for being so good at getting that done...and if your a worked...who cares....

but if I say that about any non green company...I am a commie for pointing out a rigged system you call Capitalism and free market.

Its funny when its a non green company you would just say thats Capitalism or not care...but when its a green company...you care. Welcome to the real world companies give big payouts to there top people when failing...they give even bigger payouts to people who failed so bad they where fired...If you file bankrupcy...you give a bonus to the top brass for being so good at getting that done...and if your a worked...who cares....

but if I say that about any non green company...I am a commie for pointing out a rigged system you call Capitalism and free market.

did these other no -green companies use taxpayer money to pay these bonuses ?

A $7,500 rebate on a car no one wants is what I should buy? Obama says the rebates should be raised to $10,000. What do you call that?

A $7,500 rebate on a car no one wants is what I should buy? Obama says the rebates should be raised to $10,000. What do you call that?

LOL...Obama calls that "Job Creation". What's also bogus about this is that Chu changed the terms of the contract to allow for the investers to recapture their money first. They didn't do that when the government took over GM. The stockholders were left out to dry..... including a lot of peoples retirement.

LOL...Obama calls that "Job Creation". What's also bogus about this is that Chu changed the terms of the contract to allow for the investers to recapture their money first. They didn't do that when the government took over GM. The stockholders were left out to dry..... including a lot of peoples retirement.

job creation huh ? 1300 laid off the other day.

Werbung:
Back