Greenspan says Clinton BEST!

This thread is hilarious! First some right-wing nuts ask for proof concerning Clinton's ability to handle the economy, as Alan Greenspan alleges.

Proof is offered in triplicate, yet these right-wing brainiacs just ignore and overlook the facts and continue to yell for some proof.

I guess some people are just blind to the truth no matter how many times they are confronted with it!

'Atta way to support your assertions with some hard core proof.

Werbung:
In 200 years, his legacy will be similar to how we look at Franklin Pierce or Grover Cleveland today.

I just found out something humorous about Franklin Pierce. A friend of mine here at school is from the same town he was born in. Apparently it took the town of Hillsborough, New Hampshire seventy years after Pierce died before they decided to put up a statue of him.

Some legacy, huh?

Sure, did you ever think that those "tax cuts" are part of the reason the Bush administration is running up a huge deficit. The interest payment, alone, in 2006 was some 406 billion.

Perhaps you should re evaluate the results of the tax cuts. Your bias is obstructing your view.

Treasury Reports Lower Federal Deficit

Aug 10 02:41 PM US/Eastern
By JEANNINE AVERSA
AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The federal deficit so far this budget year is running sharply lower, driven by record revenues pouring into government coffers.
The Treasury Department reported on Friday that the government produced a deficit of $157.3 billion for the the budget year that began last Oct. 1. That's a substantial improvement from the red ink figure of $239.6 billion produced for the corresponding 10-month period last year.

The lower year-to-date deficit was the result of a record of $2.12 trillion in revenues. Spending, however, was higher—$2.27 trillion, which also marked an all-time high.

The White House predicts that the deficit this year drop to $205 billion.

But the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office predicts the government will produce even less red ink this year. It recently said the deficit will be "toward the lower end" of a $150 billion to $200 billion range.

April Tax Revenue 2nd-Highest in History

May 10 02:23 PM US/Eastern
By MARTIN CRUTSINGER
AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - A flood of income tax payments pushed up government receipts to the second-highest level in history in April, giving the country a sizable surplus for the month.

In its monthly accounting of the government's books, the Treasury Department said Wednesday that revenue for the month totaled $315.1 billion as Americans filed their tax returns by the April deadline. The gusher of tax revenue pushed total receipts up by 13.4 percent from April 2005.

Federal Deficit Eases

Aug 10 02:03 PM US/Eastern
By JEANNINE AVERSA
AP Economics Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The federal deficit so far this budget year is running sharply lower, driven by record revenues pouring into government coffers.
The Treasury Department reported on Friday that the government produced a deficit of $157.3 billion for the the budget year that began last Oct. 1. That's a substantial improvement from the red ink figure of $239.6 billion produced for the corresponding 10-month period last year.

I know that liberals hate tax cuts, but the fact is that when taxes are cut, more money pours into the treasury because of the resulting expanding economy.

This thread is hilarious! First some right-wing nuts ask for proof concerning Clinton's ability to handle the economy, as Alan Greenspan alleges.

Proof is offered in triplicate, yet these right-wing brainiacs just ignore and overlook the facts and continue to yell for some proof.

I guess some people are just blind to the truth no matter how many times they are confronted with it!

How about you provide the quote from greenspan's book that says that "clinton" handled the economy better than bush. I haven't read the book but my bet is that greenspan may have mentioned the economy during clinton's term, but didn't give clinton any credit for it.

Can you name anything that clinton did to "handle" the economy. The rest of your liberal buds have failed miserably to name a single thing. How about you?

Who needs proof when you can just sit around and generalize all day?

I mean, isn't it obvious? ;)

If clinton did something to "handle" the economy, someone from your side should be able to name it. The state of the economy was obvious. Clinton was riding on the remainder of the economy that reagan built until he wrecked it by raising taxes. The recession he left for bush to deal with would not have been quite so sever had he not raised taxes.

If clinton did something to "handle" the economy, someone from your side should be able to name it. The state of the economy was obvious. Clinton was riding on the remainder of the economy that reagan built until he wrecked it by raising taxes. The recession he left for bush to deal with would not have been quite so sever had he not raised taxes.

...I was making a joke...

THe whole idea of clinton "handling" the economy is a joke. It is hard to separate one from another.

Palerider, let me ask you a question. How can you only assign Clinton blame for the negatives during his administration, yet at the same time refuse to give him credit for any of the positives. Are you not guilty of the same kind of partisan tunnel vision that you so readily accuse myself, top gun, and other liberal members of this forum of?

Palerider, let me ask you a question. How can you only assign Clinton blame for the negatives during his administration, yet at the same time refuse to give him credit for any of the positives. Are you not guilty of the same kind of partisan tunnel vision that you so readily accuse myself, top gun, and other liberal members of this forum of?

How long have I been telling you that this guy is just a Shawn Hannity/ Rush Limbaugh/Ann Coultier partisan hack?

To him bush is god ... end of story!!

Why try to talk to people like that?

Well, I guess you would try and talk to people like this because you voluntarily signed up for this website with the apparent wish to debate with people on the forum who have differing political views from you.

I am curious. Please describe for me how clinton "managed" the economy. I would be interested in hearing about anything that he did that could be characterized as "managing" the economy.

And if you make enough money to actually pay taxes, you got a tax cut. The myth that only the rich got tax cuts is true only if you believe that if you make enough money to actually pay taxes, you are rich. Further, the amount of money coming into the treasury is breaking all records as a result of the tax cuts.

Do you have a source for this "breaking all records" - one showing a cause and effect relationship? For instance - one thing they are doing is improving collection which could be improving money coming in.

Presidents & First Ladies

William J. Clinton

During the administration of William Jefferson Clinton, the U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history. He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare rolls. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus. As part of a plan to celebrate the millennium in 2000, Clinton called for a great national initiative to end racial discrimination.

After the failure in his second year of a huge program of health care reform, Clinton shifted emphasis, declaring "the era of big government is over." He sought legislation to upgrade education, to protect jobs of parents who must care for sick children, to restrict handgun sales, and to strengthen environmental rules.

This isn't about blame. You, and others claim that clinton did something to "handle" the economy. I am asking what that something might have been. So far, no one has stepped up and answered the question. It is clear by now that you, nor any from your side can name anyting that he did other than just happen to be in office. That is hardly a basis upon which to champion him.

Werbung:
How long have I been telling you that this guy is just a Shawn Hannity/ Rush Limbaugh/Ann Coultier partisan hack?

To him bush is god ... end of story!!

Why try to talk to people like that?

Can you name anyting that clinton did that could be construed as "handling" the economy during his term? I keep asking and no one is answering. That woud be because he did nothing.

As to what you might think of me, put it away. To date, you have not managed to defend a single idea that you have put forward. On the other hand, I doubt that there are more than a half a handful of ideas that I have put forward that I have not successfully defended.

And clearly you are a liar with regard to my feelings about bush. I have pointed out several times to you that I do have issues with bush, but your blind partisanship prevents you from comprehending anything that doesn't fit your preconcieved notions.

The bottom line bereal is that you aren't bright enough to be here. Why not must move on to move on. They love your sort there.

Back