1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Greetings and warm salutations...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ASPCA4EVER, Apr 9, 2009.

1. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
    Ok, a friend suggested this place and I'm getting my foot in the door. Going to check out these digs and see if this place is a comfortable place to hang my jacket!

As my profile page states: I'm a registered Independent and proud of it. I've voted in every election since pushing for the rights of every18 year old to have that right {how things would have turned out so differently had McGovern won that election...hmm:confused:} so I've been around the block for a few years.

I'm currently responsible for my mother as her primary care provider, I relocated (9 years ago with my husband and our landscape/commercial mowing business) to accommodate her health care/needs; and life as I knew it changed drastically! 2001 husband was battling throat cancer, lost that battle 5 years ago this May, last October during the height of the gas price gouging...I had to sell the business.

While life affords us all with many opportunities to change and evolve...I've changed and evolved all I really, really would like too. Now I want mundane, daily drudgery and a simplistic existence...yep that's all I want. No thrills, no frills, just get up each and every morning drink my coffee...toast the morning sunshine...say my morning meditation's, get things set up for MOM, feed the dogs, and start my day!

Looking forward to meeting and getting to know new people, exchanging new ideas and view points; this sustains me and keeps me going...well that and digging in the dirt and pulling weeds provides me with loads of mental health moments too;)

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    welcome to the board, I am also a Independent...but with a big I...aka the Independence party

3. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

4. The Scotsman

The Scotsman Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to HOP

I think a few more Independents are needed round here!

5. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

That was a very nice introduction, great to have you here. Also, its really great how you are helping your mom. I think we all should take care of our family when we can.

6. pocketfullofshells

I agree...I still find it sad how often I get called a Dem...or asked to defend Dems even though I am not one. Since the Republicans here are normally wrong, I do so anyway though :)

7. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

I've always stated that I'm very middle of the road on most of my 'soap box issues' because; I've been called pseudo left winged liberal by my Republican friends and pseudo right winged conservative by my Democratic friends...so I must be doing it correctly...getting hits from both extremes...LOL

8. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

P.S.
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

9. pocketfullofshells

same here, I am more left then right, but mostly becuse I think the right had a large amount of people go crazy.

10. ASPCA4EVER

ASPCA4EVER New Member

PSST> Don't tell anyone this...but the big Republican secret plan was to just make sure that the majority of the Republican voters just stayed home and never voted...see how well that plan worked??? :p