"Gun Control" fanatics keep pushing schemes that would not have stopped any of the mass shootings

Little-Acorn

Ever since the horrific shootings in Connecticut, we have heard the usual leftist fanatics demand gun bans, assault weapon bans, huge taxes on guns, on ammo, more background checks for purchasers, shutting down gun shows, all the usual schemes.

Not one of them, of course, would have stopped any of the recent mass shootings.

People with mass murder in mind, have no problem getting guns and ammo, planning out their crimes, and executing them. And they even (gasp) violate laws to do it. Only law-abiding citizens (the ones who never shoot people) obey those laws. The mass murderers are unaffected.

It is becoming increasingly clear, that stopping the mass shootings is NOT what the gun-control crowd wants.

You have to wonder what they DO want... and why.

Why do these people try so hard to restrict law-abiding people, when it's the lawbreakers who keep killing us? What is the gun-control crowd's real purpose?

Werbung:
too many people are content with the govt taking pointless feelgood action. then they can get. back to fretting about other stuff.

they have no stomach for looking at actual cause and effect. hurts their brains too much.

It is becoming increasingly clear, that stopping the mass shootings is NOT what the gun-control crowd wants...... You have to wonder what they DO want... and why......... Why do these people try so hard to restrict law-abiding people, when it's the lawbreakers who keep killing us? What is the gun-control crowd's real purpose?

The answer to your question is quite easy, and once it's pointed out, all becomes clear.

Our founders knew that any nation can become a dictatorship without the vigilence of an informed citizenry. If our government's desire is to control our lives as within a dictatorship, that government must remove All obstacles in their way. Those obstacles to dictatorship include (1) a free and objective press (media), (2) a Judicial system made up of Judges who understand the Constitution and enforce it's original intent, (3) a well-educated and critically-thinking citizenry, and (4) arms with which we can defend against those who'd try to do away with the first three obstacles to dictatorship! As you may observe, we no longer have obstacles #1, #2, and #3 in place! Now #4 is at risk of being removed. Once our right to bear arms is gone, there'll be nothing left to do but kow-tow to the all-powerful dictators that follow!

The answer to your question is quite easy, and once it's pointed out, all becomes clear.

Our founders knew that any nation can become a dictatorship without the vigilence of an informed citizenry. If our government's desire is to control our lives as within a dictatorship, that government must remove All obstacles in their way. Those obstacles to dictatorship include (1) a free and objective press (media), (2) a Judicial system made up of Judges who understand the Constitution and enforce it's original intent, (3) a well-educated and critically-thinking citizenry, and (4) arms with which we can defend against those who'd try to do away with the first three obstacles to dictatorship! As you may observe, we no longer have obstacles #1, #2, and #3 in place! Now #4 is at risk of being removed. Once our right to bear arms is gone, there'll be nothing left to do but kow-tow to the all-powerful dictators that follow!

Exactly. It is all about the desire for power and control by the central government. Amazingly some of us can see this clearly and others do not.

My Conservative answer...I don't believe opinions change because the question of gun control is a philosophical question, not a statistical one.The left in America just want more control..If giving up your first amendment freedom of speech could potentially save hundreds of lives, would you do it? What about your sixth amendment rights to a trial? Where would you stop? Would you take those rights from others against their will? How many lives are our freedoms worth?

I think it was about 238 years ago, American Colonists overwhelmingly believed these freedoms were worth dying for. Our freedoms are paid for with blood, would you trade our rights for the illusion of safety?

Benjamin Franklin said
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
BUT In this case none of that matters because these were babies and my heart is broken..After every tragedy there's an outcry of rage. I understand it. How can we justify the loss of life? At that moment people start to think that restrictions will prevent the next tragedy, and that we as a society need to embrace this for the greater good. The simple truth is, society will never stop law breakers or the ill, from breaking laws, by passing more laws. It's been tried, statistics have been kept, and many very smart people have spent years absolutely pouring over those statistics and have come to the conclusion that laws just don't work. Personally, I think the constant noise coming from the media is in no small part, responsible for making these tragedies turn into the same old pedantic "gun control" debate. They turn a problem into a two-sided debate that never ends, which limits peoples ability to think about the problem in pragmatic ways. We should be thinking creatively and collaboratively instead of pointing fingers. So, in the spirit of opening up a productive dialog, I'll start by suggesting that maybe we should consider employing full-time L.E.O officers at our school. Officers specially trained to not just neutralize a threat, but to recognize signs of abuse, bullying as well as potential dangers.

I believe that the "illusion of safety" you are talking about is more accurately described as the illusion of "safety" experienced by gun owners who rely on their "right to bear arms" to feel "safe" in this society.

When actually the statistics show that a gun owner is 43 times more likely to be killed, have one of his family killed, or commit suicide than people who do NOT have guns in their home.

The latest mass murder is obviously related to TWO issues: Gun ownership (by a "responsible" owner who was the furthest thing away from a "criminal type," but was not conscious of the risks her ownership of 6 deadly weapons represented to herself and her family (one of the most common case of casualty from owning a firearm!) AND a very poor mental health system, due to poor funding (yes,. . .Obama care would fix SOME of that by demanding that private insurances provides mental health coverage) that has been an issue ever since the "wonderful Reagan" opened the doors to all the mental and developmental hospitals in CA and released all those mentally and developmentally clients on the street. . .WITHOUT a system of community mental health in place to support those people WITHIN community settings.

And obviously, the addiction of American "culture" to guns is one of the big (and most ridiculous) cause of mass murders and has been (with a sharp increase in the last 10 years or so) for many years.

It is, without a doubt, time to review what the second amendment is really all about. . .and adapt it to today's reality! We are no longer dealing with muskets and powder guns. . . we are dealing with automatic weapons and. . . if we do not take hold of this issue soon, we will be dealing with much more deadly weapons yet, including miniature drones and lazer technology!

Do you really want your children or grand children to be threatened by the "right to bear arms" that was designed with an 18th century knowledge of "technology" and mindset?

I don't!

Do you really want your children or grand children to be threatened by the "right to bear arms" that was designed with an 18th century knowledge of "technology" and mindset?
The Declaration, the Constitution and the bill of rights were all "designed with an 18th century knowledge of 'technology' and mindset"; Which of your remaining rights are you willing to give up when that same argument of antiquity is used against rights you support? Do you believe anything in the bill of rights is contemporary enough that you would not give up that right to such an argument?

I believe that the "illusion of safety" you are talking about is more accurately described as the illusion of "safety" experienced by gun owners who rely on their "right to bear arms" to feel "safe" in this society.

When actually the statistics show that a gun owner is 43 times more likely to be killed, have one of his family killed, or commit suicide than people who do NOT have guns in their home.

The latest mass murder is obviously related to TWO issues: Gun ownership (by a "responsible" owner who was the furthest thing away from a "criminal type," but was not conscious of the risks her ownership of 6 deadly weapons represented to herself and her family (one of the most common case of casualty from owning a firearm!) AND a very poor mental health system, due to poor funding (yes,. . .Obama care would fix SOME of that by demanding that private insurances provides mental health coverage) that has been an issue ever since the "wonderful Reagan" opened the doors to all the mental and developmental hospitals in CA and released all those mentally and developmentally clients on the street. . .WITHOUT a system of community mental health in place to support those people WITHIN community settings.

And obviously, the addiction of American "culture" to guns is one of the big (and most ridiculous) cause of mass murders and has been (with a sharp increase in the last 10 years or so) for many years.

It is, without a doubt, time to review what the second amendment is really all about. . .and adapt it to today's reality! We are no longer dealing with muskets and powder guns. . . we are dealing with automatic weapons and. . . if we do not take hold of this issue soon, we will be dealing with much more deadly weapons yet, including miniature drones and lazer technology!

I don't!

I lived and breathed "statistics" for my entire career. Statistics are meaningless without insight into the logic of your statistical argument. Extending your argument to it's extreme, one could argue that fewer Americans would be killed in wars if we Americans gave up our weapons and lived in hope that everyone else would treat us nicely. Statistically that may be true, but we'd be living as slaves to whatever nation(s) maintained arms! If you had suggested to Jefferson, Washington, Madison, or Franklin that citizens should trust their leaders to always obey the Constitution, they'd have at best perceived you as naive. Those founders all agreed that the most important trait of a civilized nation was the adherence of the populace to noble principles of behavior!

If you lived in a neighborhood in which every other man was twice your size, twice as strong, and 100 times more likely to take what they want, you might want some means of self defense that would compensate for all the other shortcomings. Otherwise, you'd be nothing more than a constant victim. For those who'd take away our right to bear arms and defend ourselves from those who'd harm us, I say this: "If you take away our Constitutional right to bear arms, and if a citizen is murdered because he had no way to defend himself, YOU are an accessory to that murder, and should be tried and convicted for that crime!"

Open, the right won't let devastating facts like the ones you present get in their way

Immediately after yet another mass murder facilitated by the free availability of guns they are plying their BS defending gun ownership

Funny how so many other countries seem to get by much better without the need for citizens to own guns

Must be awful living in a country where any lunatic can get his hands on WMD and use them against children in a school, a cinema, a shopping mall etc

Those poor families having to endure the lunatics on the right calling for even more guns immediately after their children were shot dead by a well to do white boy. That must really add insult to injury

I don't!

For all the "why do we/you have a 2nd amendment right, its so outdated/old/run its course". If you read our history you'll understand. When our amendment was written the founding fathers understood that the only thing keeping a gov. from being tyrannical and abusive to its citizenry was weapons. How did they come to this conclusion? They saw the British Empire ban weapons in the colonies and confiscated them very often. Also how do you suppose they overthrow British rule? With blogs, and newspapers....? With all of our rights in our constitution there have been hard pills to swallow, like watching our flag burn, and funerals of soldiers protested while using the first amendment, criminals let go because of violations of many different amendments. With these liberties come sacrifices. And once we start letting these liberties go in exchange for comfort and warm fuzzies, thats when we truly have to start worrying.

^ Cash, it appears that lefwingers will never "get it", as their little brains can't seem to work properly when it comes to logic and reason. They need simple-minded, easy "fixes" that don't require any brain-power! Should gun ownership ever be outlawed, those who enabled that outlawing should be held accountable as accessories to the murder of every citizen who's killed because they had no way to successfully defend themselves!

We seem to be at a point where nothing we can say will change the minds of those who don't have minds. I suggest we simply say that the 2nd Amendment IS the law! As we view the inept thinking of American leftists on this issue we should remind them that Jefferson, Madison, Washington, Adams, etc, were mental giants when it came to the establishment of a nation and the national law of that entity! WE have those giants on OUR side of this argument, the left has ???????????????????????????????????????????????????? NOTHING but sarcastic, uninformed, self-centered wannabees!

Let me throw this out....Maybe it should result in a rethinking of the concept of schools where large groups of children and teachers congregate. In the age of computers, internet and online education it is long past time to think outside the old box. Smaller schools, home schooling and alternative education concepts. I expect the main opposition would be from unionized teachers and the politicians they've bought.

As an owner of many guns..I hunt and shoot for sport sometimes twice a week..Now if giving up my guns would have saved those babies, I would be the first in line...But to have our 2nd amendment taken away for any reason, should be off the table...

Werbung:
when will people accept that the common thread of these mass murders is that they sre carried out ny craxy young men who were all known to be crazy but allowed to roam freely among us ?

all those dead people were failed by authorities not doing their jobs.

do you really think new laws will matter when the existing ones are violated ?

Back