Gunmen shoots 4 before being stopped...

pocketfullofshells

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
A gunman shot 4 people today in Detroit...if only there had been someone with a gun there there would be no shooting....of course it was at a police station...filled with armed cops...

also today a at a walmart...2 Police are wounded, shooter dead, and 2 others wounded...if its like the targets I have near me, there is armed cops at store always...

But if only there where more guns this would not happen right?

Werbung:
Yes.

First example was a desperation situation, as to the second, if you are assured that the lone guard is the only one armed, the situation is very manageable as the risk is very low. If you know that half the population is armed and you cannot know which is which, the risk is unmanageable.

First situation: It was DETROIT - "affirmative action" city - the bruthuz know when da shootin starts, you just duck. :D

Second situation: What - one armed guard in a walmart labyrinth?? :rolleyes:

The issue of the defeat of crime by lawabiding armed citizens was settled by the kleck study - stray anecdotes to the contrary notwithstanding.

A gunman shot 4 people today in Detroit...if only there had been someone with a gun there there would be no shooting....of course it was at a police station...filled with armed cops...

also today a at a walmart...2 Police are wounded, shooter dead, and 2 others wounded...if its like the targets I have near me, there is armed cops at store always...

Yes from tragedy comes fear and from fear comes a need for security.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Franklin

clapping.gif

I hate cops!

Yes.

First example was a desperation situation, as to the second, if you are assured that the lone guard is the only one armed, the situation is very manageable as the risk is very low. If you know that half the population is armed and you cannot know which is which, the risk is unmanageable.

actually police where called and 3 approached him before he fired...based on last reports...

and half the population armed? smoke some more why don;t you. most people don't walk around like a scared little child needing a gun for safety. I could also get hit by a car I don't stop crossing streets.

2 more cases, many shot, both with armed people there...the AZ case..someone with gun there as well..almost shot the person who took gun away...

Most armed western nation outside maybe switzerland...most gun deaths and gun murders...nations with the least...have fewest guns..More guns will never mean less gun deaths...Get over it.

This argument is akin to "it is snowing outside, therefore there is no global warming."

As for the police station, how many people do you think might have been shot if the police at the station (who were armed) had not killed the shooter?

Same with Wal-Mart, how many more people might have been shot had the police not killed him as well?

This argument is akin to "it is snowing outside, therefore there is no global warming."

As for the police station, how many people do you think might have been shot if the police at the station (who were armed) had not killed the shooter?

Same with Wal-Mart, how many more people might have been shot had the police not killed him as well?

BTW, how many potential murderers did NOT go into stores to kill people, knowing there were armed guard(s) inside?

We'll never know, of course. But I'll bet the answer is a lot higher than "Zero".

Keep in mind that the guy who shot up a Jewish Community Center and a Post Office in southern California some years back, first drove around from location to location looking for a suitable place to murder a bunch of people... but kept rejecting each place because they had armed guards. Until he finally arrived at the JCC, which had none.

Still convinced that guns' only function is to kill? :rolleyes:

Yes from tragedy comes fear and from fear comes a need for security.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Franklin

the horrible libberty of if I am suffering from major mental illness to get a gun...is one liberty I am fine with not having. The liberty of own something that has no value outside of to commit a major crime...is also no big loss...to prevent people from the right to live.

the horrible libberty of if I am suffering from major mental illness to get a gun...is one liberty I am fine with not having. The liberty of own something that has no value outside of to commit a major crime...is also no big loss...to prevent people from the right to live.

So you must take a preemptive strike on personal liberties out of fear for what might happen? This argument is way too similar to the one neocons use to defend the patriot act. Its like arresting someone because they might commit a crime later on, nonsense.

If you wish to infringe upon the second amendment than you most go through the amendment process to change the constitution. You can not simply ignore or interpret them out of existence.

So you must take a preemptive strike on personal liberties out of fear for what might happen? This argument is way too similar to the one neocons use to defend the patriot act. Its like arresting someone because they might commit a crime later on, nonsense.

If you wish to infringe upon the second amendment than you most go through the amendment process to change the constitution. You can not simply ignore or interpret them out of existence.

are you against locking up someone in a mental ward who is suicidal on 72 hour hold to make sure they dont do anything? They commited no crime...so should we just let them kill themself?

are you against locking up someone in a mental ward who is suicidal on 72 hour hold to make sure they dont do anything? They commited no crime...so should we just let them kill themself?

Actually yes its their life. Who am I to tell them what to do with it?

well you just killed my friend who has sever mental health issues and whos meds sometimes don't work and need to be adjusted...I am sure she would enjoy your freedom for her to die due to a chemical imbalance.

Did I?

I cant believe you would try to pull an appeal to emotion fallacy on someone who calls himself apathy.

Now what about this circumstance?

A man is diagnosed with a painful terminal disease and to spare himself weeks of suffering before his inevitable death he starts his car and shut his garage door. Can you really say you know what's best for everyone?

Werbung:
Did I?

I cant believe you would try to pull an appeal to emotion fallacy on someone who calls himself apathy.

Now what about this circumstance?

A man is diagnosed with a painful terminal disease and to spare himself weeks of suffering before his inevitable death he starts his car and shut his garage door. Can you really say you know what's best for everyone?

she is 24 can live to old age, and her meds sometimes get out of wack and make her suicidal...she calls me crying because she wants feels the urge so strong but does not want to kill herself, but do to her mental condition she can't trust herself not to...but does not want to go to ward as she hates it there...

in your case, I am for Dr Assisted Suicided in terminal cases...when they can make a clear choice for them self...what you fail to understand is, in the case I am talking about...she is not really the one making her choice...Its like saying someone having a heart attack who can't talk , should not be taken to the hospital because its there choice to have one..unless they say otherwise...

Im sorry but people with sever mental illness should just not be running around with firearms...

Back