H.R. 2 Passed

Werbung:
GenSeneca;83721]If you're concerned about the health affects of second hand smoke, legislate where they can smoke. Taxes do not address that concern in any way.

They do that now. But adults continue to smoke in cars carrying kids and in other places. I guess it's like a penalty for being stupid and/or inconsiderate. And some do quit because of the expence.

If your worried about the health of the smoker and want to tell them how to live their life, Ban the product. Taxes do not address that concern in any way.

TOTALLY ON-BOARD WITH THE BAN... I personally think that is the correct action to take. Classify it for what it is... a dangerous drug with not one single redeeming quality.

If its because you like the SCHIP program and think it should get 150% more funding, pay for it yourself, out of your pocket, don't punish people who's actions and lifestyles you disagree with in order to get the funding - that's nothing less than spiteful bigotry on the part of a bully majority who knows they can trample the rights of a minority.

If taxing cigarettes helps fund anything constructive especially something healthcare related... GET-R-DONE!:)

Marijuanna will never be legalized because it's too easy to grow, so that takes the tax value out of it, one can't grown their own tobacco.

I quit smoking two years ago next month...but dayum this whole thing is incredulous!

Gen..I'm with ya, 1000%!!

Does nobody see a problem with income qualifications being up to $80K? This is step one to national healthcare.

BTW while it maybe true in what Bunz said about circumnavigating the cigerate tax by heading to a reservation, the fact is that nearly 90pct of all Americans would not enjoy that niceity since they live no where NEAR one nor would they feel the need to drive the vast distances to save a couple of bucks.

No need, you can buy them online, $16 a carton:

Seneca Cigarettes

With a name like that, you know they're good! :)

A few things, firstly, GenSeneca, the post above mine is excellent. I am not sure where you find these links, but I got a kick out of that. Thanks for sharing. Considering at this rate a carton will be over $80 a carton....

On a more serious note, firstly, has anyone been to the US Capital building ever? I dont remember if it is in the rotunda, but in one of the more prominent spots in the Capital building, there is a probably a few hundred leaves carved into the building. The Senate intern giving the tour points out that those were not marijuana leaves as they are sometimes mistaken, but those of America's first cash crop...tobacco.

Tobacco is more American than alcohol and the lobby for it is just as powerful. It will not be banned anytime soon. It raises to much revenue, and the demand is to great. If anyone travels overseas, guess where the most prized cigs come from...yeah you guessed it, the US.

As for the marijuana question, I just dont see a good reason on keeping it illegal. When it can be taxed and actual generate revenue for the various governments out there, instead of an absolute drain do to the costs of enforcing and prosecuting its "offenders".

Considering the defecit situation in various large states like California and New York, they would cut out one hell of a lot of expense and increase revenue by the stroke of an executive order.

Werbung:
Petunia;83758]Marijuanna will never be legalized because it's too easy to grow, so that takes the tax value out of it, one can't grown their own tobacco.

I think someday we will see weed sold by the government in a "liquor store" type scenario. They already have it legal in many places for medicinal reasons and it's decriminalized almost everywhere else.

Sure it's easy to grow, but then it's also easy to brew small batches of beer & wine. They sell kits to do it yourself everywhere.

The advantage to a "liquor store type" scenario would be constant availability, convenience and consistent quality.

Many don't know but the government packaged brand of weed is actually rinsed with a chemical to remove it's THC content... and that is then processed for a certain wanted THC level... and then sprayed back on the rollable ready processed plant so potency is consistent and doesn't vary from batch to batch.

Kinda interesting, I watched a program on it...

Back