Handing Iraq back to Al Qaeda: How do our Iraq war vets feel about that?

That's not my idea of sanity. Try to kill them all? Collateral damage be damned? Then watch as we discover a terrorist Sorcerer's Apprentice deluge emerge.

I rest my case ... if you aren't willing to go all the way, don't take the first step.

Werbung:
Hi fellas! Been a while...

GB,

Am I to understand you believe my Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property come with the obligation to sacrifice my life, liberty, and property to bring those same "rights" to anyone who doesn't have them?

I rest my case ... if you aren't willing to go all the way, don't take the first step.
You certainly have rested your case. May it rest in peace. You do know the story of the Sorcerer's Apprentice I presume. What you are advocating is genocide. The last time a country tried that, it created WW II, and you know what happened to them.

You certainly have rested your case. May it rest in peace. You do know the story of the Sorcerer's Apprentice I presume. What you are advocating is genocide. The last time a country tried that, it created WW II, and you know what happened to them.
Genocide: the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group

There is a big difference in destroying all your enemies on the battlefield and genocide.

Passivism made way for WWII and the genocide that followed was a result of that passivism.

Not the other way around!

This is indicative of the type of ignorance and myopic vision portrayed by the left in this country. You attribute to me those characteristics you most wish to vilify, without concern for whether or not there is even a speck of truth in it.

If you look carefully at my posts - something you don't seem to be able to do - nowhere did I advocate military action in Iraq. Rather, my point can be summarized in a single sentence - if you aren't willing to allow the military to do what it can, to the best that it is capable, then don't bother to involve the military at all.

I have advocated nothing - other than that the politicians learn the lessons of Viet Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. If you're going to do it - do it right. Or, don't even start. You cannot use the military to shape policy. You can only use the military to win.

Hi fellas! Been a while...

GB,

Am I to understand you believe my Rights to Life, Liberty, and Property come with the obligation to sacrifice my life, liberty, and property to bring those same "rights" to anyone who doesn't have them?

Yep.

Any other questions?

Are you saying you believe this to be true?

I am saying that, as the recipients of the gift of "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness", we have an inherent responsibility to help others to gain those gifts, to be able to exercise these unalienable rights.

I believe that this responsibility, as the harbingers of freedom, mandates that support those who seek their own freedoms. We don't have the authority to force it on others, but rather, to help them to cultivate and grow their own. It is this responsibility, an understanding of our responsibility to our fellow man, that has led to the shedding of American blood on foreign lands, not for gold, not for land, not even for glory, but rather, to help mankind to realize its freedoms everywhere - even if they happen to live outside our borders.

THIS is American exceptionalism - not that we are better than others, not that we have some magic solution, not that we have some God ordained right to force others to our way - but that we have the exceptional responsibility to help our fellow man, to assist them, in their pursuit of ' Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness'.

Genocide: the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group

There is a big difference in destroying all your enemies on the battlefield and genocide.

Passivism made way for WWII and the genocide that followed was a result of that passivism.

Not the other way around!
I don't disagree with anything you say. What I am saying is that you will never be able to destroy all the enemies because a large percentage of the Islamic people are not pacifists. As the collateral devastation increases more and more Arabs will take up arms until only a few remain. We US citizens would do that if we were invaded. Do you think the rest of the world would help the US under those circumstances? That is a de facto genocide that BushFan is advocating.

I don't disagree with anything you say. What I am saying is that you will never be able to destroy all the enemies because a large percentage of the Islamic people are not pacifists. As the collateral devastation increases more and more Arabs will take up arms until only a few remain. We US citizens would do that if we were invaded. Do you think the rest of the world would help the US under those circumstances? That is a de facto genocide that BushFan is advocating.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

(By the way, it's Green Bay fan)

What you are advocating wreaks of passivism. Evil will always exist and ill always have to be confronted.

Peace can only last for a limited time before it has to be once again secured.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

-Thomas Jefferson

This is indicative of the type of ignorance and myopic vision portrayed by the left in this country. You attribute to me those characteristics you most wish to vilify, without concern for whether or not there is even a speck of truth in it.

If you look carefully at my posts - something you don't seem to be able to do - nowhere did I advocate military action in Iraq. Rather, my point can be summarized in a single sentence - if you aren't willing to allow the military to do what it can, to the best that it is capable, then don't bother to involve the military at all.

I have advocated nothing - other than that the politicians learn the lessons of Viet Nam, Iraq, and Afghanistan. If you're going to do it - do it right. Or, don't even start. You cannot use the military to shape policy. You can only use the military to win.
We had invaded Iraq. We apparently did not "do it right." Are you saying we should go back and "do it right". Or are you saying we should have never invaded Iraq in the first place. If it is the latter, then I completely agree with you. In the case of Arabic countries "do it right" is tantamount to genocide because it is not possible to "do it right" without genocide.

None are so blind as those who will not see.

(By the way, it's Green Bay fan)

Will not see what? To me, you are the one who is blinded by military belligerence.

I know them as the Green Bay Packers. If you want to avoid confusion, you should change your ID to GBPfan, then there would be no confusion to others. This is a political forum, and not a sports forum, you know.

What you are advocating wreaks of passivism. Evil will always exist and ill always have to be confronted.

Peace can only last for a limited time before it has to be once again secured.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

-Thomas Jefferson
Very nice. If the US is invaded I will heed Thomas Jefferson. However, I don't like the idea of carrying T. Jefferson to Arab countries and trying to get them to change their culture to ours at a cost of trillions while we are trillions in debt.

Werbung:
Very nice. If the US is invaded I will heed Thomas Jefferson. However, I don't like the idea of carrying T. Jefferson to Arab countries and trying to get them to change their culture to ours at a cost of trillions while we are trillions in debt.
Well I agree on trying to change anyone's culture or nation building or any of that other crap. We should do our best to take out as much of the enemy as possible.

And, moreover, America was invaded on 9/11. Granted, it is not the kind of invasion of the WWII era but an act of war and an attack on our Country nevertheless.

Now whether or not going into Iraq was the right thing to do is certainly debatable.

But, allowing our enemies to have free range over any Country or region to continue planning attacks against us certainly should not be tolerated.

What do you think is going to happen in Iraq once Al Qaeda takes over the whole country?

Back