Happy Fourth of July

Rick

Around here, I guess I should add "to those who celebrate it".

Werbung:
happy 4th of July to all Americans...even ones I don't agree with..because unlike some, I don't questions peoples patriotism based on there political views of whats best for the US.

Well, you have a point. Just because someone supports an ideology which is destroying the country, there's no reason to question his patriotism.

Harvard: July 4th Parades Are Right-Wing
Democratic political candidates can skip this weekend's July 4th parades. A new Harvard University study finds that July 4th parades energize only Republicans, turn kids into Republicans, and help to boost the GOP turnout of adults on Election Day.

"Fourth of July celebrations in the United States shape the nation's political landscape by forming beliefs and increasing participation, primarily in favor of the Republican Party," said the report from Harvard. [See political cartoons about the 2012 GOP field.]

"The political right has been more successful in appropriating American patriotism and its symbols during the 20th century. Survey evidence also confirms that Republicans consider themselves more patriotic than Democrats. According to this interpretation, there is a political congruence between the patriotism promoted on Fourth of July and the values associated with the Republican party. Fourth of July celebrations in Republican dominated counties may thus be more politically biased events that socialize children into Republicans," write Harvard Kennedy School Assistant Professor David Yanagizawa-Drott and Bocconi University Assistant Professor Andreas Madestam. [Enjoy political cartoons about President Obama.]

Their findings also suggest that Democrats gain nothing from July 4th parades, likely a shocking result for all the Democratic politicians who march in them. [Check out editorial cartoons about the Democrats.]

"There is no evidence of an increased likelihood of identifying as a Democrat, indicating that Fourth of July shifts preferences to the right rather than increasing political polarization," the two wrote.

The three key findings of those attending July 4th celebrations:

When done before the age of 18, it increases the likelihood of a youth identifying as a Republican by at least 2 percent.
It raises the likelihood that parade watchers will vote for a Republican candidate by 4 percent.
It boosts the likelihood a reveler will vote by about 1 percent and increases the chances they'll make a political contribution by 3 percent.
What's more, the impact isn't fleeting. "Surprisingly, the estimates show that the impact on political preferences is permanent, with no evidence of the effects depreciating as individuals become older,"said the Harvard report.

Finally, the report suggests that if people are looking for a super-patriotic July 4th, though should head to Republican towns. "Republican adults celebrate Fourth of July more intensively in the first place."
Harvard: July 4th Parades Are Right-Wing - Washington Whispers (usnews.com)

It seems Harvard thinks being patriotic is right wing. That would seem to indicate being liberal means one should not be patriotic.

The Ivy League is saturated with leftists. I believe BO went to Harvard. No doubt he fit in perfectly.

It seems Harvard thinks being patriotic is right wing. That would seem to indicate being liberal means one should not be patriotic.

The Ivy League is saturated with leftists. I believe BO went to Harvard. No doubt he fit in perfectly.

Is this some kind of surprise to those of us who know the "end game" of the leftists in this country?

Screws the leftists. They'll get theirs when all is said and done.

yawn...when will the right give up this, we are more American...Liberals hate American bull****.

That libs hate america is beyond question. During the cold war, they were apologists for the soviet union. They opposed fighting commies in vietnam. They got t-shirts with che guevara's image on them. They've spent decades going down to havana to schmooze with castro. When the sandanista dictatorship took over nicaragua, they could hardly contain their glee. Some of them became the infamous "sandalistas", wearing cool tropical clothes from banana republic to jet down to managua and play at being a commie. Meanwhile, the lib congress cut off aid to rebels fighting against them. Commies taking over the first south american country was a wet dream come true for them. They threw a tantrum when Reagan overturned a tiny but horrendous marxist dictatorship in Grenada. When Reagan dropped a few bombs on Libya as a warning to Khaddafi in 1986, they whimpered like babies. They briefly regained their taste for war when Clinton was president, supporting the Balkans war in which the US had zero interests involved. They predicted disaster in the iraq war - I'll never forget when some leftwing media moron said the battle for baghdad would be like stalingrad. :D During the whole iraq war, they screeched like stuck pigs in opposition to Bush bringing down Saddam Hussein, the closest thing to hitler since wwII. Then finally, they spent the post-9/11 era endlessly shilling for the islamofascists, blaming everything they did on america. The record of leftwingers is clear - always on the side of the enemy. They never saw a dictator they didn't like - and now it looks like they're getting one in america.

That libs hate america is beyond question. During the cold war, they were apologists for the soviet union. They opposed fighting commies in vietnam. They got t-shirts with che guevara's image on them. They've spent decades going down to havana to schmooze with castro. When the sandanista dictatorship took over nicaragua, they could hardly contain their glee. Some of them became the infamous "sandalistas", wearing cool tropical clothes from banana republic to jet down to managua and play at being a commie. Meanwhile, the lib congress cut off aid to rebels fighting against them. Commies taking over the first south american country was a wet dream come true for them. They threw a tantrum when Reagan overturned a tiny but horrendous marxist dictatorship in Grenada. When Reagan dropped a few bombs on Libya as a warning to Khaddafi in 1986, they whimpered like babies. They briefly regained their taste for war when Clinton was president, supporting the Balkans war in which the US had zero interests involved. They predicted disaster in the iraq war - I'll never forget when some leftwing media moron said the battle for baghdad would be like stalingrad. :D During the whole iraq war, they screeched like stuck pigs in opposition to Bush bringing down Saddam Hussein, the closest thing to hitler since wwII. Then finally, they spent the post-9/11 era endlessly shilling for the islamofascists, blaming everything they did on america. The record of leftwingers is clear - always on the side of the enemy. They never saw a dictator they didn't like - and now it looks like they're getting one in america.

Well done, Rick. How can the leftists respond to all of these facts, except for using their cute "straw man" analogy, bumper sticker slogans, and a hefty dose of "yeah buts"?

Werbung:

Vietnam..so liberals where American to support watching out troops die to fight a pointless unwindable civil war that we had business being in? I guess with this, I would be able to claim Rob hates America for his position on Libya...witch is basically the same one the left held for Vietnam...only without all the American deaths.

in general half of your argument seems to be, liberals hate America..because they did not all support going to war with every nation that had a government we did not like that Republicans choose to support going to war with. I must have missed where the founding fathers said, the US must fight communist in South America...even if it has no effect on the US and by doing so we may support ..terrorism. ( as many of the anti communist groups used terrorism on the people...people like Pinochet...

"when Regan dropped a few bombs on Libya the whimpered like babies?" Really...you mean they disagreed with it? Well thats odd...now some on the right do...I guess they are American...or is this one of those many things that is only American when Regan does it?

yes the horror that many Liberals where against going to war in Iraq...a nation that had not attacked us, posed no threat...and yes in fact had no WMD...Liberals hate America because they did not see it as a cakewalk ( 4469 killed so far, over 30,000 wounded) cost 786,000,000,000+?
and what did we gain for this? we handed Iran a new proxy possibly. But it was Unamerican to say hey, maybe thats not wort it...By the way how did we pay for that war...thats right, you guys threw it on the credit card...If you really cared about the debt, you would have been against this war as well.

I know of no major media that felt Baghdad would be Stalingrad...most like me felt that it would turn into a Vietnam or Russian Afghanistan of sorts....it came alot closer to them, then it did the flowers in the street few month war republicans claimed.

And yes the left is shilling for islamo fascist..if that you mean not being retarded and understanding that in fact they do have reasons that they hate us, and it does not matter if we agree or not with them, they have them. And our actions do have reactions. If you support a harsh dictatorship for oil...then yes the people of that nation..will not like you..and when you are there propping up them...they will attack you...it does not matter if they are right or wrong...its going to happen...and our actions will have played a roll...if we can't understand that, we can't win the war on terror...its as simple as that. But I guess its Unamerican to want to actually win, and to actually think its important to understand those who are attacking us, so we know better how to prevent it.

Without google...do any of you even know the reasons sited by OBL for Sept 11? I will give you a hint...it is not because they hate our freedoms...Thats just ego trying to make it all about us...its not. Its like the guy in a interview who when asked for your biggest fault says...well I work to hard sometimes...its a bull**** response.

Back