Hatchery Horrors

I don't even remember the last time I bought brown eggs.

When I go to the supermarket, if white eggs are $.99/doz, then brown eggs are $1.59/doz. If white eggs are $1.59/doz, brown eggs are $2.39/doz.

I agree there is no difference in taste or nutrition. Just basic consumer economics.

Part of the reason for the difference in price is that there is less demand for brown eggs. Part of the reason is that brown eggs in factory farm are slightly less profitable to raise due to slightly less efficiency of feed conversion of the heavy breeds that lay brown eggs.

Werbung:
Backyard chicken farms pose a real threat to humanity at this point in time which is why many other countries have engaged in mass culling of chickens.
If you care about a "...threat to humanity...", I expect that you will be supporting universal health care, a higher minimum wage, population control, environmental issues, etc., to counter that ongoing threat that poverty represents to humanity.

Werbung:
If you care about a "...threat to humanity...", I expect that you will be supporting universal health care, a higher minimum wage, population control, environmental issues, etc., to counter that ongoing threat that poverty represents to humanity.

Real environmental issues like mercury in the food chain is something that should have been taken care of a long time ago. Mercury in the food chain is not at all a controversial issue like so many others and yet no one is doing anything significant to reduce coal emissions. If our politicians can't address a well known issue with well known solutions how can we expect them to address why should we think they will do anything about issues with little known facts and less well known solutions?

A higher minimum wage hurts the poor more than it helps them.

Population control is bs. War control would be a better cause - probably a hopeless cause but at least it would address the causes of world hunger dead on.

Universal health care will do nothing at all to reduced any threats to humanity. It won't even do much to help the poor in this country since they already have health care.

World wide poverty (or even that in this country) can best be addressed by creating liberty and justice for all, not by restricting the liberty of all so that the way people get entitlements changes. Liberty and justice for all will increase the wealth of all and level the playing field so that all can have their standard of living (including health care) raised as high as possible.

I think every one of those deserves it's own thread each having a title that ends with the words "threat to humanity?"

Back