Health Care; Small-Businesses "Get It"

Mr. Shaman

Granted, they don't qualify as Friends Of Republican Politicians, due to their limited-ability to fatten politicians' wallets....but, they still counthttp://mainstreetalliance.org/wordpress/ as "real Americans".​

"My husband and I are small business owners. Like many people wanting the best possible life for their families, we decided to start our own business. So we opened Cravings Café in Lyons. It may be a little café in a small rural heartland town, but we are living a big dream.

That big dream comes with some big challenges though – and the biggest challenge right now is health care. We can’t afford health coverage for our employees. That’s hard because our employees are family, and we want them to be covered and have that security. It’s also hard because it’s difficult for me to find and keep good employees without health benefits. With this problem, I’m not sure how I can ever get my business to grow to its fullest potential.

Right now, I can’t even get health coverage for myself. I tried to get coverage on my own but was deniedI was born with scoliosis (a curvature of the spine) and some insurance companies consider this a pre-existing condition. It just doesn’t seem right that small business owners like me, and our employees, are left with no options for quality, affordable health care."

Werbung:
"My husband and I are small business owners. Like many people wanting the best possible life for their families, we decided to start our own business. So we opened Cravings Café in Lyons. It may be a little café in a small rural heartland town, but we are living a big dream.

That big dream comes with some big challenges though – and the biggest challenge right now is health care. We can’t afford health coverage for our employees. That’s hard because our employees are family, and we want them to be covered and have that security. It’s also hard because it’s difficult for me to find and keep good employees without health benefits. With this problem, I’m not sure how I can ever get my business to grow to its fullest potential.

Right now, I can’t even get health coverage for myself. I tried to get coverage on my own but was denied – I was born with scoliosis (a curvature of the spine) and some insurance companies consider this a pre-existing condition. It just doesn’t seem right that small business owners like me, and our employees, are left with no options for quality, affordable health care."
Maam - It's gonna get worse for you under Obamacare.
Right now as a small business you aren't required to carry insurance on your employees. Under Obamacare, you may have to!

Under the bill that the House of Representatives may vote on, small businesses like yours will be responsible for helping foot the bill for new government spending and at a time when they can least afford it.

Under Obamacare, you and your business will face higher taxes.
Especially if you are lucky enough to earn 250K/year. But even if you only earn 25000/year, your
taxes are going up to pay for Obamacare!
You will no longer make the profits and will likely have to let some of those
youngsters you hire go! They don't want your healthcare maam, but
they do like to have a job. They know Obama can't provide em one!

Miss_Cleo.jpg

Maam - It's gonna get worse for you under Obamacare.

Certainly under Obamacare, you and your business will face higher taxes.
You will no longer make the profits and will likely have to let some of those
youngsters you hire go!

If there was to be socialized medicine, small businesses (or any businesses) would not have the burden of buying health insurance for their employees. Not only would those who could not afford "Insurance", benefit, but large employers could then compete better with other countries.

If there was to be socialized medicine, small businesses (or any businesses) would not have the burden of buying health insurance for their employees. Not only would those who could not afford "Insurance", benefit, but large employers could then compete better with other countries.

Right on point dahermit!

It's amazing how the "no reform" side turns this fact upside down to try and once again fool the American people into doing nothing just letting the premiums continue to skyrocket and the coverage for those with or offering insurance to get less... and less... and less.

This is actually one obvious area where America is at a huge disadvantage when dealing with some countries overseas. When they have National Healthcare that actually takes a burden OFF business and lets small business that before couldn't afford to offer a healthcare benefit be just as appealing to workers as the larger corporations that can afford to offer it.

This is probably the 3rd or 4th video I've posted from a US small business person that used to live in Canada. What do you think they'd say having experienced both systems?

If there was to be socialized medicine, small businesses (or any businesses) would not have the burden of buying health insurance for their employees.

Um, where did you hear that?

Someone has to pay for health insurance and businesses are an important source. Big business will get hit as Obama has promised this. Small business may also be penalized if they don't provide health insurance, from what I understand.

Many small businesses are struggling to hold on. Depending on the specifics of course, requiring a business to provide health insurance for all employees (including part-timers) and penalizing them if they do not, may well make the difference as to whether or not they can afford to retain some staff.

But over time those that stay in business will always pay more taxes with bigger government.
The question is can they survive under Obama?
I say no!

Someone has to pay for health insurance and businesses are an important source. Big business will get hit as Obama has promised this. Small business may also be penalized if they don't provide health insurance, from what I understand.

Many small businesses are struggling to hold on. Depending on the specifics of course, requiring a business to provide health insurance for all employees (including part-timers) and penalizing them if they do not, may well make the difference as to whether or not they can afford to retain some staff.

But over time those that stay in business will always pay more taxes with bigger government.
I say no!

In your previous post you made firm statements, in this post you use the word "may" and this post is, consequently, more truthful. I often don't agree with your posts because you make statements that are not supported.

I am a small business owner, I can't afford health insurance for my employees, most them can't afford health insurance either. I personally have health insurance for the first time in my life because I married a person who works for the State. I support the drive to provide universal health care even if it costs me more money. One of our employees is fighting Hodgkins lymphoma, he moved home to live with his mother, and managed to get into an experimental treatment program--otherwise he would not have been able to pay for his care and would have been left with no options.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11949865511933397169thumbs_up_nathan_eady_01.svg.med.png

In your previous post you made firm statements, in this post you use the word "may" and this post is, consequently, more truthful. I often don't agree with your posts because you make statements that are not supported.
You'd actually expect more, from Porky Limbaugh's Dead-O-Heads?

I support the drive to provide universal health care even if it costs me more money.
I can't understand why too-many "conservatives" don't recognize that as the dues we pay, to live in a civilized-country; the whole "United, we STAND!"-trip.

:confused:

Buyin' car-magnets, by the gross, never sounded like much a "sacrifice", to me.​

I say no!

Oh foolish Republicant... heal thyself...:D

I am a small business owner, I can't afford health insurance for my employees, most them can't afford health insurance either. I personally have health insurance for the first time in my life because I married a person who works for the State. I support the drive to provide universal health care even if it costs me more money. One of our employees is fighting Hodgkins lymphoma, he moved home to live with his mother, and managed to get into an experimental treatment program--otherwise he would not have been able to pay for his care and would have been left with no options.

Well with Obamacare you may be forced to offer healthcare to employees depending on your business size. Most can't afford to and it will get more expensive if the government gets involved. I say may because I don't know your business size. But actually Obama has stated small business may pay for healthcare:
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalp...elp-for-the-mom-and-pop-small-businesses.html

All businesses will face higher income taxes in the next few years to fund Obamacare. It should be obvious, since 40% of individuals already don't pay taxes and that number keeps growing. If a small business even employs a handful of employees, it's revenues could easily exceed Obama’s $250,000 taxing figure. It is these businesses which hire the most workers, and it is these businesses that Obama will tax.

Some money facts:
Obama says they need to cover 46M uninsured. (That includes some making > 75K per year, illegals, etc., but whatever)
Obama admin will spend 1Trillion dollars next year to overhaul it.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HealthCare/story?id=7834102&page=1

We should expect that to be a lowball estimate!

But you can buy insurance for the 46 Million for < $5K/per year per person
on the open market. Give or take some exceptions.

That would cost only 230 Billion/year if this was the best deal you could manage.

So why does Obama think 1 Trillion is such a great savings?

Werbung:
Back