Health Insurance Reform passes America wins!

top gun

As I predicted months ago the vote just went through.

The Democrats led by President Obama with a great job by Speaker Pelosi have just secured Health Insurance Reform available to all including 32 million more Americans, with no benefit caps, that stops the refusal of insurance for those with preexisting conditions and brings down the deficit and strengthens Medicare.

Victory for the American people. Dems I'm damn proud of you!!!

Werbung:
*throws up all over the thread*

Now I will have to go to Costa Rica for a doctor to fix my tummy ache :(

don't worry too much, Pandora.. though I did throw up a little bit, too....proceedural hang ups in the senate are next...lawsuits by 37 states, THEN November...a bloodbath for smarmy dems.

far from over

don't worry too much, Pandora.. though I did throw up a little bit, too....proceedural hang ups in the senate are next...lawsuits by 37 states, THEN November...a bloodbath for smarmy dems.

far from over

I am not going to worry, I dont like doctors and almost never go to them. I am concerned a bit about my daughter and other kids though. I agree its not over yet and if it ever gets to where its an absolute for sure thing, hopefully there will be a revolution. That is what I am waiting for.

Welcome to the EXTORTED STATES of AMERICA ...

Welcome to the EXTORTED STATES of AMERICA ...
I am sickened to think that the White House traitor got away with what he and those traitorous criminal politicians have pulled off.

You grubbing left wing fools just screwed ANYONE who ever hoped to do something good in their OWN LIFE!

Do you actually THINK it is good?

Look what you SUPPORT fools!

1) Preexisting is covered?? SO WHAT?? ... at what price??

I can NOT afford $1,400.00 a month - my bills have me buried and I make too much to afford the cheap government dole --- You screwed people like me!

2) The damn fool in the White House looks at this to be similar to AUTO INSURANCE ... He said We make Auto Insurance Mandatory - that's what we will do with health insurance!

GUESS WHAT SUCKER - when a person can NOT AFFORD auto insurance - they don't drive

are you ready to NOT LIVE?

3) We are going to get fined if we do NOT have insurance?
... so if a person is too broke - we now can get kicked down in the dirt more by our government - and you are fine with that?

4) They want YOUR EMPLOYER to decide which policy you are permitted to have?

I personally know of a company who shops for new policies EVERY YEAR - this year they are going with one that has a $5,000.00 deductible - can you afford 5 grand? That would be a terrible hardship on me!

5) they jammed this crap though and told politicians to debate it AFTER it's signed - what other pork barrel spending have they buried in that?

HOW CAN YOU agree to a contract without reading it? Sure - there are some morons out there that do stupid things like that ... but they get ripped off a lot ... THANKS for hanging that on our neck! ... You do know that MOST of those jokes in D.C. are friggin LAWYERS - right? they are good at twisting words to hang you out to dry!

6) Where do you think the cost of this is going to come from?
It's coming out of YOUR POOR POCKETS! Guess what ... when the rich get taxed and increased expenses - they jack UP YOUR Price on product and service ... think you are too broke now ... hang on baby ... the pendulum has NOT swung to you yet!

You are about to get smacked down like the sucker they see YOU AS!

AREN'T you proud of all this?

Amusing how someone can be "so proud" of the National Soc... excuse me, the Democrats for passing legislation against truly bipartisan opposition backed up by the overwhelming majority of the American people. Thankfully, we can count on the supreme court to (eventually) put the fasci... excuse me, progressive politics of envy and irresponsibility back in its place.

It blows my mind ... Obama (as are the Pelosi puppies) has proven himself to be a power hungry fool who loathes the Constitution.

These people are obsessed with being a third world country.

We are no longer the GREAT AMERICA ... we are just another global sewer of government control

Y'all have got this all wrong... it's not about healthcare at all--it's about emergency funding for all that deficit spending that China, the UK and Japan are tired of paying for. Tax receipts and revenues for the federal government have fallen so precipitously that they HAD to do something or start cutting social security, welfare, medicare and medicaid outlays so drastically that they were going to see a real revolt (I'm not kidding) in the streets.

As to actual medical spending, the plan is to cut it in half within a few years so less overall medical care for all but the top 1%-ers as Mr. Shaman would like to say. This was essentially a vote and a plan to preserve their way of life while reducing the wealth of the middle class. Ultimately, it won't work out too well for the poorest at all.

far from over

Ummm...Nope.....It's over.(watch your beloved polls)

Re: Welcome to the EXTORTED STATES of AMERICA ...

AgainstTheMachine;137553]
Do you actually THINK it is good?

Without any doubt.

1) Preexisting is covered?? SO WHAT?? ... at what price??

Preexisting is damn important id you have one as most Americans do or will at some point have. Helps Americans avoid millions of bankruptcies over the years. Even the Republicants admitted it was VERY important to find a way to cover preexisting conditions. The difference is the Dems found a way and didn't just talked it to death.

I can NOT afford $1,400.00 a month - my bills have me buried and I make too much to afford the cheap government dole --- You screwed people like me!

Doing nothing would have only allowed your health insurance costs to continue to at the least double every ten years. Everyone can afford this new plan. When a person making over 200k per year says they can't afford the eventual minimal increase in their Medicaid tax even though it will be offset by the stabilizing of their insurance premiums themselves they are simply being disingenuous.

2) The damn fool in the White House looks at this to be similar to AUTO INSURANCE ... He said We make Auto Insurance Mandatory - that's what we will do with health insurance!

And we all like having AUTO INSURANCE because we don't want to have to pay for injury or repairs when we would be hit by an uninsured driver. Nor do we want to pay the higher premiums ourselves because a large section of the population "might choose" not to be responsible and carry coverage. Let' not forget that the first $1000 every insured person pays in premiums EVERY YEAR goes to pay for health care for the indigent. We are paying for it either way. This new way is light years better for all the reasons I've already mentioned.

GUESS WHAT SUCKER - when a person can NOT AFFORD auto insurance - they don't drive

Simply not true and you know it. Many still sometimes drive but now there are consequences for those who are irresponsible.

are you ready to NOT LIVE?

Silly made up & failed fear tactic. The only ones that would have a problem paying for this great benefit & piece of mind of health insurance will get subsidies to help cover it.

3) We are going to get fined if we do NOT have insurance?
... so if a person is too broke - we now can get kicked down in the dirt more by our government - and you are fine with that?

A lie based on the irrational fear spread by... wait for it... fearmongers. This issue was fully addressed by the subsidies to anyone who can't TRULY afford it.

4) They want YOUR EMPLOYER to decide which policy you are permitted to have?
I personally know of a company who shops for new policies EVERY YEAR - this year they are going with one that has a $5,000.00 deductible - can you afford 5 grand? That would be a terrible hardship on me!

Boy you really DON'T understand this Bill! That's the VERY REASON that their will now have to be minimum standards and benefits.

5) they jammed this crap though and told politicians to debate it AFTER it's signed - what other pork barrel spending have they buried in that?

What you mean is... look.......... look over their.............. I have no point so I'm just going to yell out catch phrases.:rolleyes: Americans won! Be glad for that for once!

HOW CAN YOU agree to a contract without reading it? Sure - there are some morons out there that do stupid things like that ... but they get ripped off a lot ... THANKS for hanging that on our neck! ... You do know that MOST of those jokes in D.C. are friggin LAWYERS - right? they are good at twisting words to hang you out to dry!

PLEEEEASE... quit just making stuff up.:rolleyes:

6) Where do you think the cost of this is going to come from?
It's coming out of YOUR POOR POCKETS! Guess what ... when the rich get taxed and increased expenses - they jack UP YOUR Price on product and service ... think you are too broke now ... hang on baby ... the pendulum has NOT swung to you yet!

Again that's just crazy rhetoric. At the end of the day this Bill insures more people and does so in a way that advantages everybody, keeps premiums down & reduces the deficit.

You are about to get smacked down like the sucker they see YOU AS! AREN'T you proud of all this?

No actually your do nothing philosopy was the death panel of the insurance companies making Americans do without, suffer and all to often die.

This HISTORIC, fair and inclusive Health Insurance Reform pushes that jack boot away from the throats of Americans.

It blows my mind ... Obama (as are the Pelosi puppies) has proven himself to be a power hungry fool who loathes the Constitution.

These people are obsessed with being a third world country.

We are no longer the GREAT AMERICA ... we are just another global sewer of government control.
Awwwwwwwwww.....you're STILL upset that not EVERY White-person passed on pursuing the 2008 Presidential-run....before some Black-dude did....and, WON??!!!!!

Maybe you'll get YOUR opportunity (after Hillary has finished her 8 years) in 2020!!!!!

286.gif

I agree its not over yet and if it ever gets to where its an absolute for sure thing, hopefully there will be a revolution. That is what I am waiting for.
Quit'cher whining.....

:rolleyes:

"By the time Minority Leader John Boehner took the floor at about 10 pm, the mood on the floor was barely distinguishable from the mood on the lawn outside. "Shame on each and every one of you," the Republican leader yelled at the Democrats, as the GOP lawmakers gave him a standing ovation. Boehner said the Democrats were a "disgrace" to Jeffersonian values.

"Hell, no, you can't!" Boehner shouted at the Democrats.

"No, you can't! No, you can't!" echoed the protesters outside.

But they could. And at 10:45 p.m., after 14 months of trying, 219 Democrats finally did."
Stick a fork in your Revolution.

It's DEAD!!!!

We're still a Democracy.....and, the Tea-Baggers are merely reanimated lynch-mobbers from decades-long-past.

I think this bill is going to be a lot more expensive than what the Congressional Budget Office projects. While the Democrats have been willing to simply sweep that (and the fact that taxes and the cost of insurance will go up for those who are more well off), I do think the Republican rants about the country going bankrupt and death panels are a bit too extreme and being used for scare tactic purposes.

This bill is heavily flawed and the unintended consequences that result may turn out to be a lot worse than expected. Who really knows? I think Democrats failed to think about that and were more concentrated on making history and forever be touted in the history books. At the same time however, the current system for health care is broken and if this bill did not pass, it was possible that any real attempt at reform (which honestly should be actions to drive down the actual cost of health care, not subsidize the cost) may not have happened for several more years.

Werbung:
I think this bill is going to be a lot more expensive than what the Congressional Budget Office projects. While the Democrats have been willing to simply sweep that (and the fact that taxes and the cost of insurance will go up for those who are more well off), I do think the Republican rants about the country going bankrupt and death panels are a bit too extreme and being used for scare tactic purposes.

This bill is heavily flawed and the unintended consequences that result may turn out to be a lot worse than expected. Who really knows? I think Democrats failed to think about that and were more concentrated on making history and forever be touted in the history books. At the same time however, the current system for health care is broken and if this bill did not pass, it was possible that any real attempt at reform (which honestly should be actions to drive down the actual cost of health care, not subsidize the cost) may not have happened for several more years.
CONSISTANT, much??????

260.gif

Back