Healthcare for uninsured should be solved privately.

I am not a doctor so I dont know exactly how it works
but if I get one speeding ticket my insurance goes up

If one or two morons sue for stupid reasons that would increase the cost of the doctors insurance and he would have no choice but to pass the cost on to his patients.

I would think anyway, but I am not a doctor so I dont know exactly how it works. I just know there are tons and tons of really stupid cases of people suing

yes and even more cases that are legit that don't get reported on the news...just like there are frivolous auto cases as well. thing if your a dr who is paying alot more then others...maybe your unlucky...but maybe your also just not good?

Werbung:
What I do know about malpractice insurance for doctors..is in my area it is 100 thousand dollars per year...that was what my Dr. told me he paid about 3 years ago, so that price may be higher now. How do you think that adds to healthcare costs?

well maybe its not the lawsuits that are getting them...its the insurance companies...But we are not suppose to bring that up, because we know the free market would fix that....unless of course it was profitable to all to not fix it.

What I do know about malpractice insurance for doctors..is in my area it is 100 thousand dollars per year...that was what my Dr. told me he paid about 3 years ago, so that price may be higher now. How do you think that adds to healthcare costs?

I am sure it adds a whole lot. At least a part of the problem.

I wonder if people can still sue with national health care.... that may at least end the stupid suing (while adding a number of new problems)

Universal health care never works. No examples of it working effectively have been shown. The biggest problem is that once beurocrats get involved, it will get fkucked up!
Like social security and medicaid.

Anyone who thinks the govt can be successful at this program hasn't really been paying attention to all the other major national programs that have failed and are mis managed costing much more than what they said it would cost.

Not to mention, all the nations that have national health-control have rationed health care.

This means, the govt chooses what type of treatments people get and who gets it.

Maybe our system has some problems, but i would be in favor of the govt standing up to the insurnace companies and the hospitals instead of shanghaing the american people into a system that they have no way to manage effectively.

Remember, the govt, can't even handle figuring out what happend to the first 350 billion they gave to banks.

realy none have ever worked? can you show me a private system that worked then?

Worked = everyone has care, and its affordable and good quality. US misses 2 of these for most people.

I am sure it adds a whole lot. At least a part of the problem.

I wonder if people can still sue with national health care.... that may at least end the stupid suing (while adding a number of new problems)

The malpractice is needed BECAUSE of the lawsuits, frivilous or not..ever USED or not.

What is affordable? As far as quality, US has excellent quality health care.

If the insurance companies were not in bed with big government as well as the hospitals, we would not have these issues.

Let's also examine the fact the many americans don't do the things they need to take care of themselves and rely on the health care less.

Fast food, smokiing, lifestyle choices. Of course the argument is that they should be entitled to do what they want. But if that hods true, and if americans will have to pay for their health care, then, it only holds true, they must agree to quit the behavior that put them ast risk in the first place.

What is affordable? As far as quality, US has excellent quality health care.

If the insurance companies were not in bed with big government as well as the hospitals, we would not have these issues.

Let's also examine the fact the many americans don't do the things they need to take care of themselves and rely on the health care less.

Fast food, smokiing, lifestyle choices. Of course the argument is that they should be entitled to do what they want. But if that hods true, and if americans will have to pay for their health care, then, it only holds true, they must agree to quit the behavior that put them ast risk in the first place.

excellent health care that people don't have access to, is not much help for many. Its like a car salesman telling you how great a new BWM is...when you have 1500 to spend...pointless.

Of course it is not.

but answer this

Do you think that if insurance companies had a tighter leash that there would be more affordable health care?

Do you think if more people were taking care of themselves and not needing as much health care it would be such a huge problem.? no one likes to answer that.

What about the "liberal" government stopping the illegal aliens that come here and drain our health care system.?

Our health care in this country is the best. Our cancer survival rates are the best.

Our policies on illegals and our inablity of american to be healthy is not helping.

So when Obama is talking about the health care problem, and he keeps giving illegals more free health care. he is making the problem worse.

Yes, insurance comanies need to have somethng done, but lets not let the other factors off the hook.

Illegals, insurance comapnies, careless americans.

Of course it is not.

but answer this

Do you think that if insurance companies had a tighter leash that there would be more affordable health care?

Do you think if more people were taking care of themselves and not needing as much health care it would be such a huge problem.? no one likes to answer that.

What about the "liberal" government stopping the illegal aliens that come here and drain our health care system.?

Our health care in this country is the best. Our cancer survival rates are the best.

Our policies on illegals and our inablity of american to be healthy is not helping.

So when Obama is talking about the health care problem, and he keeps giving illegals more free health care. he is making the problem worse.

Yes, insurance comanies need to have somethng done, but lets not let the other factors off the hook.

Illegals, insurance comapnies, careless americans.

the illegals thing is a small part of the issue, barley even on the map as far as issues go...and by proxy we have Americans going to Mexico and Canada for health care as well..Fact is we need a major overhall of the system, on all fronts...and i see no reason why the US can't have the goverment use its large buying power to set up a plan that is open to all americans...if they choose to pay for to get quality health care regardless of if they are self employed, work for a small buisness, or a forton 500 company. I use to work many part time jobs at once...but always to the very max amount of hours they could use me...untill they hit the point they paid for health care...so i could work 60+ hours sometimes 80...and yet non of jobs helped with health care costs. and as a student and and then later, as I was uneployeed to to job loss...I had only a very few bucks to spare. Had there been a goverment health care plan that was open to anyone, it would have been a option for me...but all plans open to me cost like 400 a month, or where cheap but covered so little ( there is a huge amount of health care scams out there..some even threw large companies). one plan offered threw my old job, a company you all know...was for part time workers...for around 100 a month to 120...funny part was I looked threw all the costs, and what it paid for...and you would have to basicly max out almost evrything in your plan...just to pay get your money back ...I would have expected this scam from a internet site...or spam mail...but not a large company. due to help from a freind who also worked there and also worked with someone in the MN senate , we got this even talked about on the state senate floor ( it was going to be used as a possitive at first till she showed what it realy covered.

But what I find sad, is some republicans on here, claiming liberals just cry about the problems...but offer no solutions...when they cant even admit the major problems, let alone offer a solution that helps people get health care they need.

as for the bad diet stuff....a few things...1 early preventive health care would help address some of these major issues early on saving large costs that we already pay for as tax payers anyway. And one thing I have found is that in order to realy help get more americans eat better...we need to address it from a econ view as well...simple fact is its alot cheaper to eat poorly then it is to eat well...clearly its not the only reason, but it is a factor that is overlooked I think.

Of course it is not.

but answer this

Yes, insurance companies need to have something done, but lets not let the other factors off the hook.

Illegals, insurance companies, careless americans.

as for insurance companies with a tighter leash...it would help yes...also prevent issues where many with health care, end up in long court battles to get the health care they paid for, and deserve , yet they will cash your checks...but when your health is on the line...they start looking for any loophole they can to get out of paying for it. They are worthless slime ball companies a lot of them...but they make huge profits by doing it that way.

Tort reform is meant to reduce only frivolous law suits. Not valid ones. Tort reform would not prevent you from taking a doctor that has a history of malpractice, to court.

In short, the only red herring here, is your post.

So the first one is just a gimme??????????????:D I'd say you're pretty safe about not getting a lawsuit if the first one never counts??????:confused:

People and their problems and their damages are important and for the little guy to have any chance at being fairly represented that's why we have a court system to sort out the truth.

Talk about Tort reform takes various forms... few that I could in good conscience agree with.

Trying to make the plaintiff pay attorney's fees on both sides if they lose is just a fancy way to scare off lawsuits... and some of those lawsuits would be 100% valid but never tried.

Taking the jury award completely out of the hands of a jury seems wrong to me as well.

Now I could see some mediation or arbitration as a first step before a trial and I can see some caps on certain injuries and certain situations but those (maximum) caps would certainly have too be set high... high enough to not only fairly compensate the damaged party but also detour bad practices.

If someone brings a lawsuit that is FRAUDULENT then they can already be held criminally liable as things are right now.

Bottom line the medical evidence is the medical evidence and a jury first has to determine that. After that there is a lot that goes into a final judgment such as loss of life, loss of future earnings and/or other long term or life long detrimental health issues.

There's a lot involved here and like I've said before often insurance just doesn't want to pay out regardless of their client being at fault. It's not easy at all to go up against a big powerful insurance company with deep pockets predisposed to...

DENY A CLAIM

DISPUTE A CLAIM

DEFEND A CLAIM

Werbung:
realy none have ever worked? can you show me a private system that worked then?

Worked = everyone has care, and its affordable and good quality. US misses 2 of these for most people.

Every single person in the US has access to health care. They either pay for it, pay for insurance, or apply for Medicaid/medicare. The only person who is not covered in one of those ways is the person who refuses to go apply to one of those. And if that person falls unconscious and is taken to a hospital against their will they will be treated.

The price of health care in the US is comparable to the costs in Canada. Except that here in the US a lot of that costs appears to be higher because people choose the more expensive PPO plan or because people choose to get cosmetic procedures, or because people choose to get procedures that would not even be covered in Canada. That's an awful lot of choice.

Meanwhile in canada the average wait time for a procedure is 18 months. I would say that an awful lot of people in Canada are not covered. (If they tell you that you have coverage but you can't see a doctor for 18 months then you are not covered for 18 months). And it is illegal to not use the national system. That is an awful lot of no choice.

So in the US 13 mil people do not have health insurance but 100% of them do have access to health care. Why, in the US if you are a patient who uses medicare and you call a doctor who accepts medicare they will make an appointment for you withing a couple of weeks or sooner and they don't even ask if you will be using medicare before the make the appointment. While in Canada 100% of the people are not covered for an average of 18 months when they need to see a doctor.

Back