Hear Gore on CSPAN today?

Libsmasher

He wants the US to use 100% "renewable" energy in ten years! :D

His next speech: "The tooth fairy should make me handsome and charming." :)

Notice how, with $4.50 gasoline wrecking every thing in this country, the libs STILL think only about their ecofascist religion. The ecofascists want to make this country what it once was - a depopulated arctic region. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
yea with 4:50 gas, what are libs thinking about,....talking about alt energy,....:rolleyes:

Which would still be less than unsubsidized alternatives. Here's an idea... drill for our own oil and lower the price by increasing the supply.

Oh wait the libs plans is much better... let's tax ourselves into cheap oil... or pray some magical windmill will make all our planes fly, products be built, our gas grills heat up, and make our cars move, and trucks with product, roll down the highway... brilliant.

Which would still be less than unsubsidized alternatives. Here's an idea... drill for our own oil and lower the price by increasing the supply.

Oh wait the libs plans is much better... let's tax ourselves into cheap oil... or pray some magical windmill will make all our planes fly, products be built, our gas grills heat up, and make our cars move, and trucks with product, roll down the highway... brilliant.

or you can debate a straw man with no facts...that alawys helps your case.

I didn't see the tv coverage but I did read a newspaper article that said he wanted all the electric supply to be renewable - wind, solar, and other.

Firstly, the only feasable way to do that would be if the "other" is nuclear. And I am all for doing what will work.

He also said that making all electric non-carbon producing would solve global warming. Last I checked electric only produced a small percentage of our carbon footprint.

Werbung:

Hi Andy,
I generally agree, I am set to make a bucketful of money if we drill more in Alaska and it looks like it is going to happen soon. The anti ANWR folks say it will take 10-15 years to bring that oil online, which is bogus. It took them 3 years to build the TAPS. 800 miles long, over 3 major mountain ranges and 800 rivers and streams. Under the right circumstances, massive amounts of oil and gas in less than 10 years.

But at the same time, it is in America's best interest to take a hard dramatic move towards green energy. Being the world leader in this sort of technology, its R&D, and the manufacture of its a multi billion dollar industry, now and in the future. We need to decrease demand and increase supply. Moving America into cheap green energy supplies where we can and having domestic coal, oil, and natgas power the rest, this might increase to a huge market considering the demand in Asia. But in the meantime, Americans need to figure out ways to drive less, be much more aware of the consumption.

Ultimately, its a two fold cause and effect. Any way to reduce our middle eastern oil supply whilst increasing domestic supply is the solution.

Back