Hello Fellow Politics Fans

furnitureman

Folks,
Never in my 5 decades on this earth did I ever think I would see an African American become a viable nominee of a major political party. When I was young in North Carolina, black people would step off the sidewalk when my grandmother and I would walk to and from the market. Even in my child's perception, I knew this was wrong. I knew that the atmosphere of unfairness was an acrid stench in the air and that the air had to be cleared. Finally, after a slow and troubled evolution of paradigms, Americans are ready to accept an individual strictly evaluated by the content of his character and the value of his ideas. I just hope and pray that he is as good as his lofty rhetoric. I have read his book. If he is what he appears to be, we may have found a true leader indeed. However, it is too soon to tell. Of course, by comparison to our present president, anyone looks great. We have survived the most dangerously inane leader in human history. Although, our poor country has suffered so. Six more months to freedom from fascism. It can not come soon enough!

Werbung:
Yes, Furnitureman, I am marking X's on my calendar waiting for George Wadamoney Bush to vacate the White House.

By the way, welcome
newbie.gif

Werbung:
Folks,
Never in my 5 decades on this earth did I ever think I would see an African American become a viable nominee of a major political party. When I was young in North Carolina, black people would step off the sidewalk when my grandmother and I would walk to and from the market. Even in my child's perception, I knew this was wrong. I knew that the atmosphere of unfairness was an acrid stench in the air and that the air had to be cleared. Finally, after a slow and troubled evolution of paradigms, Americans are ready to accept an individual strictly evaluated by the content of his character and the value of his ideas. I just hope and pray that he is as good as his lofty rhetoric. I have read his book. If he is what he appears to be, we may have found a true leader indeed. However, it is too soon to tell. Of course, by comparison to our present president, anyone looks great. We have survived the most dangerously inane leader in human history. Although, our poor country has suffered so. Six more months to freedom from fascism. It can not come soon enough!
this race isn't supposed to be about race yet everyone who loves this guy keeps bringing up his race. his story? he lived overseas for a few years...as a kid...but he is a biracial American. his story....his inspiration, the historic thing about his situation...is partly("?) his race.

he wrote two books. he is a nice guy. he is a smart man. he is an untested leader. he is inexperienced in many of the qualities we usually look for in a President. he is a lot like GWB back in 2000---everyone said he would pick a good team of elders to guide him. he was a uniter with a record ion texas...obama has what record?

I like him, but I fear he is an empty suit

Back