Hello

Blowtorch

I'm a libertarian. I lean more with conservative issues, though my gripe with them is, everything they bash liberals over concerning big government, they are now just the same concerning security. Conservatives are big government security wise, liberals are big government economically/welfare wise. I detest both ideas.

As far as protecting our country, I certainly don't want another 9/11 to happen, and I think we should be proactive in preventing another one from happening. I am reluctant, however, to willingly give the CIA and Dept. of Homeland Security unconditional authority without any consequences. Can the tactics we use on suspected terrorists, ever be used on ordinary citizens when under penalty of the law, for the sake of protecting our country? That bothers me. While I understand the conservative mentality of security at all costs, I'm not quite sure I want to sacrifice my privacy (or have everyone else sacrifice their privacy as well) for the sake of preventing another 9/11. At the same time, I'd hate for a conservative to label me as a weak, cut and run lib.

The media frustrates me. I hate how Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and others like them don't care about being fair. Even though there are many principles I agree with them on, I don't agree with their tactics of how everything a democrat does is wrong. At the same time, Keith Olbermann drives me mad, because he makes fun of Hannity and Rush and Fox News, but he does the same thing as all of them, except for the "other team."

I'm 24, one year into my career after graduating college, live with my parents while saving to buy a house or condo by the time I get married in 2011. I've been observing this board for the better part of two years now, and signed up under two other names in the past, but only posted under those names once or twice before not posting again... simply because I figured it was useless to give my two cents because the thread was filled with hate. I'm giving it another try.

I look forward to reading other viewpoints, and honestly learning more about my current beliefs, and developing an understanding of the things I haven't quite figured out yet (i.e. abortion, stem cell research, teach safe sex vs. abstinence).

Werbung:
welcome to the site, reformed ex republican to Green..to now the Independence party ( Jesse Ventura, Sen Dean Berkley) Liberal, socially, strong, but limited Military , Econ, willing to spend where needed, but also wanting to reduce waste where it lies. Not afraid to tear down a liberal or Conservative if I find they deserving. we may not always agree..but think I am going to like ya

Welcome!

I love Chi-town, awesome city... been all over the town but stayed mostly in the Rogers park area. Great place to visit but I couldn't live there.

I'm CaLiCo - Capitalist, Libertarian, Conservative.
picture.php

I disagree with Libertarians on some things, Conservatives on others, but we all agree on the need for a limited federal government among other things.

As for your stated interest in the topics of "abortion, stem cell research, teach safe sex vs. abstinence", those are some emotionally charged topics and emotion clouds rationality. I look forward to watching the emotional but heads with the rational.

BTW I am a while i view myself as a conservative along the pratices of goverment spending and social programs... I am a pro-choice as long as it does not exceed the 2nd tri-mester!!!

I believe that in rosevelts saying concerning Military " Speak softly and carry a big stick" and support large military spending (( since it seems to be the only major scientific funding we do on large scales for advancing tech anymore outside of univiersities))

I believe in the media is screwed beyond belief and nethier side is capable of unbiased reporting anymore.

Also that bailing out companies by the government with tax payer money in trade for stocks should be incarsrated and that most of the people are being mislead to believe the general public will not be paying out the wazoo for the trillions being spent.

Werbung:
Blowtorch said: I'm 24, one year into my career after graduating college, live with my parents while saving to buy a house or condo by the time I get married in 2011. I've been observing this board for the better part of two years now, and signed up under two other names in the past, but only posted under those names once or twice before not posting again... simply because I figured it was useless to give my two cents because the thread was filled with hate. I'm giving it another try.

Welcome aboard...from another 'newbie'! I took political license and snipped this part of your introduction out for my comment {hope you do not mind}.

If more of the 'even keel' temperament type of people continue to walk away from open forum types of community chat boards, then where is the equal balance to keep the discussion moving forward???

I'm a 55 yrs young just made the title of Great-grandmother {HOLY **** that was a shocker} and I've many life experience under my wings...and those life experiences, while loving/horrifying/laughable/memory making lessons of life will be mine forever..I still have many lessons to learn before I keel over!!! And my life experience will not by your life experience and in the sharing and exchanging of our mutual ideas...topics that we'll agree to disagree...things that we just won't see eye-to-eye on or about...we learn and become more globally aware of others on this planet...and that will never ever be a waste of time. No Sir...not to me...not in my life time.

So stick around and jump in anywhere somewhere and don't let the loud voices run you off...lots of people bark really loud...but have marshmallow centers! LOL
Welcome, welcome to this busy place!

Back