1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Here's how the Wall Street moguls like to spend their money.

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by PLC1, Feb 6, 2009.

1. PLC1

PLC1 Moderator Staff Member

Wall Street CEOs, investment bankers charged prostitutes on corporate cards, madam says

No wonder they need a bailout.

2. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Careful now. Looks like you rushed to judgment before reading the whole thing.

There's no indication that they charged their services to the company, or that our bailout had anything to do with it.

More importantly, we shouldn't be giving out tax payer money to begin with, regardless of what bankers do with their money in their personal time.

3. poptart

poptart New Member

Well they get multimillion dollar bonuses. They got to spend it somehow.

4. HankHill

HankHill New Member

Look! I found little baby CEO's. Aren't they so cute before they grow up and get bonuses.

[​IMG]

5. PLC1

PLC1 Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps so, but the opening paragraph describes using credit cards. Further down, we find:

9,800 names!!

At least some of them may not be from Wall Street firms that were bailed out, of course.

This story is supposed to air on 20/20 this evening. Maybe we'll find out more then.

6. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

You're shocked? Perhaps you are not from a major city. Here in Columbus Ohio, prostitution rings are very profitable. Columbus isn't even a "major" city. I'm actually a bit surprised the number is only 9,800. I would have thought more into the 10s of thousands. Of course this is just one ring. There's likely many more.

Also, most, it seems are investment bankers and managers. That also doesn't surprise me. CEOs and so on, generally are too high profile to do something like that and not get caught.

As far as using credit cards, big deal. The credit cards are not crashing economically. It's the mortgages and sub-prime loans that are crashing.

To me, I'm more ticked off about things like what Clinton did, or those congressmen, where they simply charged prostitution straight to the government, or had government paid for secret service and security go and procure women for him.