Here's the list so far

mamab

Just in case you haven't seen a complete list of those whose hats are officially in the ring as candidates for US President, here's a list:

Democratic candidates (date announced)

Mike Gravel - 4/14/06
Tom Visack - 11/9/06
Dennis Kucinich - 12/29/06
John Edwards - 1/3/07
Chris Dodd - 1/11/07
Barak Obama - 1/16/07
Bill Richardson - 1/22/07
Hillary Clinton - 1/22/07
Joseph Biden - 1/31/07

Republican candidates (date announced)

John McCain - 11/16/06
Mitt Romney - 2/3/07 (according to the site I was looking at)
Ron Paul - 1/7/07
Jim Gilmore - 1/9/07
Tommy Thompson - 1/11/07
Tom Tancredo - 1/22/07
Sam Brownback - 1/22/07
Duncan Hunter - 1/25/07
Mike Huckabee - 1/29/07
Rudy Giuliani - 2/5/07

How many other announcements do you think they'll be?

The website I was looking at was http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/

Werbung:
That seems like a lot this year. I thought that someone else threw his hat into the ring. I cannot remember though who it was? this was just yesterday when I heard this. This is shaping up to be a heck of a race. Thanks for the list.

I thought I would post the polling info from Real Clear Politics as of 2/11/2008:

Democratic Nomination
Clinton 37.7%
Obama 19.2%
Edwards 12.5%
Gore 10.3%

Republican Nomination
McCain 24.7%
Giuliani 32.2%
Romney 6.3%
Gingrich 11.5%

Gore and Gingrich haven't actually declared their intent to run yet. Amazing that people would vote for someone that's not even on the "ballot."

So, do you have a "dream team" you'd like to see paired?

I'd love to see Newt in office. The "Contract with America" was the last time I really thought the republicans were doing awesome work. Its too bad he came off overly cold and didn't last. I got the feeling that Newt's loss in 1998 whipped the "real" republicans into submission, leaving us with the bumbling group running the party now.

In terms of a pairing, how about Giuliani as VP? He brings a likable face, a popular reputation, and great crisis management track record. He's young enough to make the VP to Pres transition in 8 years.

I can't think of anyone else that has announced they are running thus far. This might lead to some mighty interesting campaigning this year.

Werbung:
Newt has said point blank he is not even considering whether or not to run until the fall.

My dream team: a Condi / Newt ticket. I think there is no chance of that happening, but I can wish.

Back