Hi from Australia

Werbung:
We've been having a heat wave here in Sydney that's shattered a 150-year-old record - today is the seventh day in a row with temps over 33 C and yesterday in the city, it was 41 C - in the old, that's 105.8 F. Last night was by far the worst sleep, it was 33C at midnight.

When I think about the last heatwave that happened way back in 1861, I wonder how on earth they survived without air conditioning but somehow they did. The cool change expected this afternoon will drop temperatures back to a comfortable 20C.

We've been having a heat wave here in Sydney that's shattered a 150-year-old record - today is the seventh day in a row with temps over 33 C and yesterday in the city, it was 41 C - in the old, that's 105.8 F. Last night was by far the worst sleep, it was 33C at midnight.

When I think about the last heatwave that happened way back in 1861, I wonder how on earth they survived without air conditioning but somehow they did. The cool change expected this afternoon will drop temperatures back to a comfortable 20C.

care to trade? we have a warm front going threw right now, so highs around zero C...but in a few days back to -15 C for a hight :)

when it hits zero C and the sun is out, we talk about how nice out it is, and forget our jackets :)

thats ok it gets to 40C here as well, and as low as -35

( thank you net for converting all this F to C for me lol)

-35? sissy that's T-Shirt and Shorts weather...

Welcome, Sparrow. Hope that AC keeps spinning for you.

We get 41 C sometimes here in our summer. You keep it down there from now on, OK?

Exciting time to be alive, so much going on in the world. Hope to learn heaps here.

Let's see... what to learn here... probably name-calling (albeit a more refined version than the normal kind) and how to argue about completely trivial garbage that people like to focus on because they don't have either the courage, the IQ or the attention span to approach the REALLY tough stuff.

Beyond that, welcome... for what that's worth.

Werbung:
I've learnt a lot about the world on forums, especially about the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, suddenly I was confronted with a different point of view. Both our political parties support our troops in Afghanistan and they have no intention of bringing them home until it's safe to do so. I believed everything they told us without question, how it was right to be there, but now I don't think we should have participated in the invasion of Iraq and wonder if the people of Afghanistan really understand what we are trying to do. So many innocents have died, can we really justify these acts? Add WikiLeaks to the mix and the world has been turned upside down.

I just hope that powerful nations will leave Egypt alone and let them determine their own future without interference.

Back