Hillary supporters for McCain

Werbung:
From KNBC (los angeles)

25% in ohio

24% in pennsylvania

It would be to your benefit to provide a link when citing a poll. Otherwise, one will be forced to either take your word or search for the poll in question, neither of which I'm prepared to do.

What I will say is, according to the RCP average Obama currently leads in Pa. 48%-40.3%. Taking into account Ed Rendell's political machine and the state's track record (Kerry and Gore both won here), I think it's safe to say Pa. will stay blue.

Ohio is a much trickier proposition. RCP currently has Obama ahead 47.3%-42.8%, but most pundits consider Ohio a toss up. One thing is for certain, the Repubs don't have Ken Blackwell in place to pull off any election day shenanigans like in 2004.

Many of the former Clinton supporters who would now vote for McCain were probably never Democrats to begin with. No true Democrat, once they are educated about McCain's terrible record on woman's rights, would vote for such a man.

According to this one, a sizable portion of Clintonistas plan to vote for McCain, but it dates from March, when Hillary was still claiming to have a chance of winning.

According to this one, there may still be some disappointed Clintonistas who are threatening to vote for McCain, but no numbers are given, and the threat, if that's the proper term, comes off as pretty empty.

This part seems to sum up their feelings:

"I'm not sure if I would vote for him, but I would not vote for McCain," Ms. Ramirez, a finance student at Baruch College, said. "I guess it will come down to the lesser of two evils."

According to this one, McCain hasn't won the votes of female Clintonistas.

It looks to me like the hype about Clinton supporters voting for McCain in any significant numbers is just that: Hype.

But I could be wrong. Let's not discount the voters who want someone who looks more like themselves in the white house, regardless of the issues.

There are some significant issues separating Obama and McCain, but I'm not so sure that the same could ever have been said about Obama and Clinton. The difference seems to boil down to electing the first woman vs electing the first black, both of which are peripheral issues at best, IMO.

PLC1;43971 [QUOTE said:
It looks to me like the hype about Clinton supporters voting for McCain in any significant numbers is just that: Hype.

If that is the case why are Obama's numbers stagnant. I would thought that he'd have a huge lead over McCheese by now. The primaries have been over for a while... What's going on? why people are not buying into Obama anymore...

PLC1;43971 If that is the case why are Obama's numbers stagnant. I would thought that he'd have a huge lead over McCheese by now. The primaries have been over for a while... What's going on? why people are not buying into Obama anymore...[/QUOTE said:
According to some of the polls, he does have a sizable lead. It depends on which polls you want to believe.

If a significant number of Clintonistas were to become McCainistas, then Obama's lead would be non existent. Patience. There is no telling which of the two will win in November just yet.

It would be to your benefit to provide a link when citing a poll. Otherwise, one will be forced to either take your word or search for the poll in question, neither of which I'm prepared to do.

It would be to YOUR benefit to realize that the internet isn't the only source of information. Ya see, there are these devices called TELEVISIONS, and all kinds of interesting info is transmitted over them.

As for Obama's lead - about the only place I see any coverage of McCain is on CSPAN - if the lib media had the balls to depart even slightly from their All Obama All The Time format, the numbers might change. I bet if you took a poll of voters, you'd find lots of people who couldn't even name the republican likely-nominee.

It would be to YOUR benefit to realize that the internet isn't the only source of information. Ya see, there are these devices called TELEVISIONS, and all kinds of interesting info is transmitted over them.

As for Obama's lead - about the only place I see any coverage of McCain is on CSPAN - if the lib media had the balls to depart even slightly from their All Obama All The Time format, the numbers might change. I bet if you took a poll of voters, you'd find lots of people who couldn't even name the republican likely-nominee.

You're citing, indeed starting a thread on some poll numbers you claim you saw on television? Not only might your hearing or memory be faulty (the majority of McCain supporters are of extreme age), but there is such a thing as context and numerous other factors that can't be judged without a link.

I can claim just about anything under the cover of "I saw it on television." In the future please provide a link to any poll you attempt to use otherwise I will just assume you made it up. Come to think of it, considering your track record, it might not be a bad idea if I began with that assumption when reading any of your posts.

You're citing, indeed starting a thread on some poll numbers you claim you saw on television?

If you don't believe it - fine - I couldn't care less. :rolleyes:

Not only might your hearing or memory be faulty (the majority of McCain supporters are of extreme age),

Yeah? Well lots of Obamabots have yet to reach puberty - they hear well, but can't understand words with more than two syllables. :D

but there is such a thing as context and numerous other factors that can't be judged without a link.

Mr. Slur-O-the-Day, Mr. Rumor Monger, asks for "context" and "other factors"

Chutzpah Award of 2008 - nailed down. ;)

I can claim just about anything under the cover of "I saw it on television." In the future please provide a link to any poll you attempt to use otherwise I will just assume you made it up.

As I said, I don't give two sh__s about what you assume, and neither I suspect does anyone else.

Come to think of it, considering your track record, it might not be a bad idea if I began with that assumption when reading any of your posts.

OOOOOOOO! OOOOOOOOOO! I'm CRUSHED!!!! :p

Werbung:
calidem411

If that is the case why are Obama's numbers stagnant. I would thought that he'd have a huge lead over McCheese by now. The primaries have been over for a while... What's going on? why people are not buying into Obama anymore...

I think the overriding factor is this. Over 80% of different people polled over & over again think this country is moving in the wrong direction. That's the Republican direction.

Senator Obama was embroiled in a hard fought primary fight against a very qualified & tough opponent. Senator Obama is stronger from a fighting it out with John McSame sense thanks to honing his campaigning skills against someone like Senator Clinton.

Now the primaries have just ended and the togetherness of the Democratic Party is day by day growing by large numbers. Senator Clinton is of course helping that along as she should.

I don't think Senator Obama being up on John McSame by as much as 15 points in some polls is a bad sign. Nor do I feel his polling ahead of John McSame in Michigan, Ohio and even Florida is a bad sign.

I think this will be an election cycle where the polls ebb & flow from just about even to the 15 point Obama lead range and then when the actual election comes an Obama landslide occurs.

At the end of the day the Independents are going to reject the Same and put Change way over the top in my opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAk2t7bCxhA

Back