Hillary To Be Nominated

Sihouette

Although Clinton had resisted pressure from donors, allies and supporters to accept demands to allow her name placed in nomination, she and aides to Obama seemed to realize independently that doing so would be the best way to incorporate and welcome Clinton's supporters into Obama's general election campaign, both symbolically and practically.

According to several people who have spoken with her, Clinton originally believed that if her name were included in the roll call on Wednesday, August 27, she would inevitably wind up with fewer delegates than the 1896.5 she earned from the primaries. That would look bad and could demoralize her supporters.

In negotiations this summer with Obama's campaign, Clinton's team did not ask for Clinton's name to be submitted.

But within the past week, Clinton advisers informed the Obama team that many of Clinton's staunchest supporters felt strongly that something had to be done, and that Clinton had concluded that, in part for the sake of unity, their wishes ought to be respected. They heard back immediately: the Obama campaign had always been open to having her name placed in nomination alongside his.

If Clinton's name is formally offered up, she could be afforded the normal complement of nominating and seconding speeches, and the official role call of votes will include participation from her delegates. (In theory, if enough Obama delegates change their minds, then Clinton could win the nomination. In practice, there's no chance that will happen.)..

Source: http://www.demconwatchblog.com/2008/08/clinton-likely-to-be-nominated.html

Discuss :)

Werbung:
I'm glad to see things were worked out. According to sources, , it's likely that Clinton will release her delegates to vote for Obama after her name is submitted. Clinton, who is a superdelegate, will cast her delegate vote for Obama.

Hopefully this will put an end to the sniveling from the Clinton supporters. For those that it doesn't please, at least have the courtesy to follow Lieberman out the door..the party has no use for traitors. Loyal Democrats need to concentrate on defeating the real enemy...the Pubs.

Here's the joint statement released earlier today:

"Since June, Senators Obama and Clinton have been working together to ensure a Democratic victory this November. They are both committed to winning back the White House and to to ensuring that the voices of all 35 million people who participated in this historic primary election are respected and heard in Denver. To honor and celebrate these voices and votes, both Senator Obama's and Senator Clinton's names will be placed in nomination."

"'I am convinced that honoring Senator Clinton's historic campaign in this way will help us celebrate this defining moment in our history and bring the party together in a strong united fashion,' said Senator Barack Obama."

"Senator Obama’s campaign encouraged Senator Clinton's name to be placed in nomination as a show of unity and in recognition of the historic race she ran and the fact that she was the first woman to compete in all of our nation’s primary contests."

"'With every voice heard and the Party strongly united, we will elect Senator Obama President of the United States and put our nation on the path to peace and prosperity once again,' said Senator Hillary Clinton."

"Senator Obama and Senator Clinton are looking forward to a convention unified behind Barack Obama as the Party’s nominee and to victory this fall for America."

This is great news for republicans. It can only re-awaken bitterness and anger among Clinton supporters. :)

Hey top gun....have you been paying attention to the Edward's scandal? Ever read my signature?

an end to the sniveling from the Clinton supporters~ popeye

If you think Clinton supporters are sniveling, just wait to see how the Obamabots throw tantrums when Larry Sinclair's video is on the 6 O'Clock news and Obama's chances at a win in Fall are nil.

I hope he picks anyone else, and tells clintons people to go screw themself. What ever happened to taking a lose with some dignity? Guess her supporters and her are no so good at that. I dont see anyone else screaming they must be picked . No ranting Biden people going pick him or else....we just hope he is picked thats about it.

I hope he picks anyone else, and tells clintons people to go screw themself. What ever happened to taking a lose with some dignity? Guess her supporters and her are no so good at that. I dont see anyone else screaming they must be picked . No ranting Biden people going pick him or else....we just hope he is picked thats about it.

Its the Clintons... Obama would have to be more of an empty suit than I already think he is to choose Hillary. She would spend every waking moment trying to undermine Obama - and she's got at least 8 years of experience in undermining sitting presidents for political points.

What ever happened to taking a lose with some dignity?

When considering that the ultimate goal of all democrats is to get a democrat elected in the Fall, the word "lose" needs more clear definition.

It isn't Hillary's fault that Michigan and FLA did their primaries out of turn and were punished for it. Those were huge delegate mines pro-Clinton..and much needed votes this Fall I might add...

And, Hillary won the popular vote. Now Obamabots will argue that "so what, Obama got more superdelegates."

Let's look at what superdelegates exist for: making the scales tip one way or the other according to the best interests and trends of the voting democrat populace.

An important factor to remember is that Hillary's momentum was not flagging towards the end, it was starting to snowball. It was a photo finish and she was gaining on Obama. If we had another four weeks and several more states to go, we'd be nominating Hillary without a fight.

Obamabots will argue "so what! He won fair and square! You're just bitter!"

Well yes and no. Some Clinton supporters really are bitter. Bitter about the rampant sexism in the media. The loaded questions she had to field while the press lofted Obama to their shoulders and sung high praises to him..

But the "no" part of that equation is that many Clinton supporters are genuinely worried for the democratic party with Obama as the nominee.

For one thing, the momentum factor. What it told us is "democrats are changing their minds. They're taking a second look at Hillary.

Given that she won the popular vote. Given that we most desperately NEED the FLA and Michigan votes...and given that her momentum was picking up at the end, reflecting new sentiment anti-Obama and pro-Clinton....and given that now with more foreign woes, Obama next to the experienced stateswoman Clinton looks even worse....

Not to mention the recent Edward's scandal and its twin Sinclair scandal "in play" and looming on Obama's post-Denver horizon...

Superdelegates must not just weigh the big hoo ha that the press whipped into a frenzy about Obama, they must first and foremost weigh the needs of the democratic party, and indeed the entire american populace for a WIN this Fall, instead of sacraficing that win on some racial ideal that is pumping up (the only thing that really is pumping up) the clearly second-rate (to Clinton) candidate.

So who "won" and who "lost"? The answer is that Clinton won-over the hearts and minds of a majority of democrats.

And I'll say it again not one pundit will look you straight in the face and deny that a Clinton nomination would be a potential landslide for democrats.

When you bet on a horse in the race, you don't look at the coat color or how well he was brushed, you look and make sure it has four legs on the ground and a track record that spells "winner". Betting on a three-legged (missing leg>>pending Sinclair issue, and lack of experience in time of war) longshot is not in the interest of the whole of the democratic party.

if I hear one more time about states that could not even vote for Obama, how Clinton won,...grrrrrrr

Get over it, She LOST....its over, done finnished, you cant change it.
Like when one of her top guys came out saying had Edwards came ou early they would have won Iowa and then it all....
1. who cares , it did not happen that way, many things could have happened to make anyone win.
2. Even if what he said did happen, The vast majority of Edwards voters, would have gone to Obama, and the polls clearly showed that, and I could have told you that with out a poll...and so could anyone who watched the debates...Edwards and Obama where at times tag teaming to bash Clinton...
Dream world people Dream world

if I hear one more time about states that could not even vote for Obama, how Clinton won,...grrrrrrr

Get over it, She LOST....its over, done finnished, you cant change it.
Like when one of her top guys came out saying had Edwards came ou early they would have won Iowa and then it all....
1. who cares , it did not happen that way, many things could have happened to make anyone win.
2. Even if what he said did happen, The vast majority of Edwards voters, would have gone to Obama, and the polls clearly showed that, and I could have told you that with out a poll...and so could anyone who watched the debates...Edwards and Obama where at times tag teaming to bash Clinton...
Dream world people Dream world

It really isn't over yet. It will be after the convention. If people are posting that Hillary still has a chance AFTER the convention then that will be pretty silly. But, Obama never got the needed delegates on his own. Neither did Hillary. It was the super D. who said they are GOING to vote for Obama that put him over the top. Those Supers are NOT committed until they actually cast the vote at the convention. After that they can not change their minds and it’s in stone.

A large number of Obama’s Super D’s were first Hillary Super D's. They swayed to him, they can sway back. TILL THE CONVENTION

so it is not over, but in 2 weeks it will be and after that who ever comes out on top we live with.

If ABC news decides to release the story as they did with Rev. Wright, and Edwards before that convention I bet those supers will not vote for him. If that story stays suppressed till after the convention, he will be the nominee not just the presumptive nominee. And the story will be released at an even better time OCTOBER

If people are posting that Hillary still has a chance AFTER the convention then that will be pretty silly

October seems likely for the Sinclair story. But let's look at the GOP strategy with respect to same.

1. An early Sinclair release means lots of time to "try Obama" in the same press that first elevated him to The Trap position.. The problem with that is then the DNC could simply insert Clinton as the nominee, given Obama's unfitness, and then dems would go on to win.

2. A late Sinclair release means virtually no time to "convince" the voting public. But when they see it on the TV on every channel, a day or two will suffice to turn the tide for McCain/BigOil/GOP. If they wait until after the ballots are printed (worst case scenario for the dems), then the dems cannot insert Hillary without a million loopholes for the GOP to disqualify votes based on the fact that they are no longer for a standing and legitimate candidate.

I suggest that democrats just submit for ballot printing "The Standing Democratic Candidate" for the voting box.

Is it illegal? I don't know. That's what they have suits for, to figure that stuff out..

October seems likely for the Sinclair story. But let's look at the GOP strategy with respect to same.

1. An early Sinclair release means lots of time to "try Obama" in the same press that first elevated him to The Trap position.. The problem with that is then the DNC could simply insert Clinton as the nominee, given Obama's unfitness, and then dems would go on to win.

2. A late Sinclair release means virtually no time to "convince" the voting public. But when they see it on the TV on every channel, a day or two will suffice to turn the tide for McCain/BigOil/GOP. If they wait until after the ballots are printed (worst case scenario for the dems), then the dems cannot insert Hillary without a million loopholes for the GOP to disqualify votes based on the fact that they are no longer for a standing and legitimate candidate.

I suggest that democrats just submit for ballot printing "The Standing Democratic Candidate" for the voting box.

Is it illegal? I don't know. That's what they have suits for, to figure that stuff out..

Madam have you no shame?

You're not writing us from lock up are ya? Because I'm pretty sure this line of BS is on Nancy Grace every night. It's the mother who says she left her daughter with a babysitter a month ago and now just can't find her or help find her... but that's for her child's protection.

You know, everybody in the news business knows, Sinclair FAILED the polygraph test. He's since apologized to Senator Obama, recanted the whole story and admitted he did it because he was lonely and needed to make some money to help his mother. He also admitted that he's never even met Senator Obama.

But still you post this. Shameful... simply shameful!:(

Top gun the only person saying he failed the lie detector test is the man Obama’s people paid to look at the test. and that man lied about his credentials in reading such tests.

After the convention either he will be the nominee or he will lose it to Hillary, I think he will end up being the nominee. After that date no one will be posting Hillary having any chance to be the nominee

but this story about Donald Young's murder is not going to go away, even if Obama gets elected the story will stay untill it is uncovered

Yeah, that's the thing about corpses. When they aren't buried properly, they begin to surface and stink up the place quite a bit.

As to no one speaking about Hillary's nomination after her...uh...nomination...

?

I think we're all supposed to get behind Obama and really boost his ability to win over McCain.

Something like that..

Werbung:
Yeah, that's the thing about corpses. When they aren't buried properly, they begin to surface and stink up the place quite a bit.

As to no one speaking about Hillary's nomination after her...uh...nomination...

?

I think we're all supposed to get behind Obama and really boost his ability to win over McCain.

Something like that..

Sihouette, I would not think you would talk about Hillary having a chance (AFTER) the convention IF Obama gets it. I would not understand if you did. I do understand you still holding out hope for her since he is not yet the nominee and the super deligates have not cast their vote.

I admit I am curious what you will do. I am not in any way a party line dem. I am a regesterd dem who almost always votes republican. I am excited to vote against our senator this year who is a republican, I am so sick of him,

You seem like someone who hates the republicans so much, I really can not imagine you voting for McCain ever. I figured you would either get comfortable with Obama or vote Nader or write in Hillary :)

I am curious to see how you progress between now and november

Back