Honoring Jesus...the wingnut way

Popeye

Religious_License_Pl_65808c.jpg

Can you believe this nonsense...I mean, what about the seperation of church and state? The superstitious religious whackos continue to dumb down the nation...when will we, as a country, grow up?

If you want Jesus on your license plate, the Florida Senate is looking out for you.

Because why worry about a budget impasse or property insurance when you can spend more than an hour talking about Jesus, the devil and license plates?

Religious specialty plates offered by Sen. Ronda Storms, R-Valrico, and Sen. Gary Siplin, D-Orlando, made it onto a bill Friday even though many members had not seen images of those plates and none was produced for the debate.

--------

Several members had concerns about approving plates they had not seen. And one questioned using religious symbols at all.

"The issue is whether the state of Florida ought to be producing license plates with religious images on them," said Sen. Ted Deutch, D-Boca Raton, "and I don't believe that we should."

Before the day was over, the Anti-Defamation League and the ACLU registered opposition and across the hall in the House, proposals for the same plates were withdrawn from legislation.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/legislature/article995257.ece

Werbung:
A good start would be when a certain faction of American society learns that to grow up means sticking around and raising your spawn, and not just screwing like rodents. Religious fanatics aren't dumbing down the country, kids who have parents with crappy values and lack of education that are passing their inabilities down to the kids are the cause of schools having to adjust for those who "can't". Of course if you are one of them, as I suspect, then you wouldn't know that.

Religious_License_Pl_65808c.jpg

Can you believe this nonsense...I mean, what about the seperation of church and state? The superstitious religious whackos continue to dumb down the nation...when will we, as a country, grow up?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/legislature/article995257.ece

Once again, this is how little you understand the constitution. There is no seperation of church and state. Further, the only thing in the constution is a prevention of the federal government from imposing a religion on the population. Not a restriction on the states. As it says "all rights are reserved for the states". Thus, if a specific state wishes to put religious sybolism on a license plate, that is completely within their rights under the constitution. Of course not many know much about the constitution these days.

That said, I would be against this in my state. I'm against all pictorials of Christ.

Once again, this is how little you understand the constitution. There is no seperation of church and state. Further, the only thing in the constution is a prevention of the federal government from imposing a religion on the population. Not a restriction on the states. As it says "all rights are reserved for the states". Thus, if a specific state wishes to put religious sybolism on a license plate, that is completely within their rights under the constitution. Of course not many know much about the constitution these days.

That said, I would be against this in my state. I'm against all pictorials of Christ.

In this case it isn't even the state putting the symbol on the plate. It is a private citizen choosing that symbol and paying the state a premium to have it there. If ham radio operators, and fisherman, and tree huggers, and Walt Disney lovers, or any of a hundred other themed plates can be purchased then the real violation of the establishment clause and the free exercise clause would be to single out religious themes as the only ones not allowed.

I would not want one but I dont see why they cant have it if they pay for it.

Popeye the seperation of church and state is mythical

I bet if you dug up any of the founders they would say its not in good taste to have one
but its not against the constitution.

this is an example of idiots like the one that started this post not understanding the constitution. This is completely ridiculous.

I bet if you dug up any of the founders they would say its not in good taste to have one
but its not against the constitution.

this is an example of idiots like the one that started this post not understanding the constitution. This is completely ridiculous.

Oh yeah? Take that..you Bible believing Jesus license plate boosters. We've got a billboard...in SC no less.

atheist.gif

Which was put up in response to this...

jesusplate.jpg

Ouch Popeye, that hurt!

Why is it bad if I believe in ancient scriptures?

It might not be bad for you personally, if you feel it makes you a better person and gives you a more fulfilling life. I just don't want what amounts to superstition to be influencing public policy, and teaching in schools...like the fundies always try to do.

The problem with a lot of Christians is they seem to think everybody should believe the way they do.

It might not be bad for you personally, if you feel it makes you a better person and gives you a more fulfilling life. I just don't want what amounts to superstition to be influencing public policy, and teaching in schools...like the fundies always try to do.

The problem with a lot of Christians is they seem to think everybody should believe the way they do.

You are right; there are some kinds of Christians who are like that. But there are also some kinds of atheists who are like that and some kinds of Muslims who are like that.

Don’t you think?

EVERYBODY has a degree of superstition in their belief system (it's unavoidable). And everybody gets some of their ideas into the public schools (it is sadly political) and everybody influences public policy (which is the way it should be) and everybody wants others to believe as they do (assuming they believe what they believe would they want others to disagree?).

What you have failed to point to in any way is any reason to think that fundies use less legitimate means than anyone else to advance their system of thought.

Werbung:

I bet if you dug up any of the founders they would say its not in good taste to have one......
.....But, a great-way to identify the easily-manipulated!!

"There is not one redeeming feature in our superstition of Christianity. It has made one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites.http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/farrell_till/myth.html"​

Back