hope it was worth it

dogtowner

Staff member
Pakis cut 1/3 of the Afghan supply lines after NATO attack kills 28 Pak military

thats a lot of supply line to replace, especially in a hurry. so was it a muck up or really really important thing that needed killin' ?

Reuters) - NATO helicopters and fighter jets attacked two military outposts in northwest Pakistan on Saturday, killing as many as 28 troops and plunging U.S.-Pakistan relations, already deeply frayed, further into crisis.
Pakistan retaliated by shutting down vital NATO supply routes into Afghanistan, used for sending in just under a third of the alliance's supplies.
The attack is the worst single incident of its kind since Pakistan uneasily allied itself with Washington in the days immediately following the September 11, 2001 attacks on U.S. targets.

Relations between the United States and Pakistan, its ally in the war on militancy, have been strained following the killing of al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden by U.S. special forces in a raid on the Pakistani garrison town of Abbottabad in May, which Pakistan called a flagrant violation of sovereignty.

Werbung:
had to say I was shocked to see we relied on them as a supply line, not a great idea.

In the short term this closure will have no impact, if it drags on however it will be a real problem.

This is not the first time this has happened either as you may recall. Relations are so bad with Pakistan right now, it will be interesting to see what, if any, impact this actually has.

That said, there is not much other choice for land supply routes other than Pakistan.

Does that actually solve anything? I would think it does not.

I think it solves a lot. No more dead and wounded. No more money thrown down a rat hole. And no more depending on the Pakis.

There is no way a 7th century Islamic tribal nation can ever be modernized into a democratic republic.

That said, we do need to keep covert/intelligence forces on the ground and monitor the country from the air. If they act up, we do the whack a mole thing to keep them in line, so as to prevent Al Qaeda or Taliban from taking control.

I thought you were of the opinion that having invaded Iraq to spread democracy was a good idea.

Go figure.

We are discussing Afghansh*tistan...not Iraq. Try to keep up old fellow.

Iraq is not a 7th century Islamic tribal nation. If you think it is, you are badly misinformed.

But that said, I think it is time to dramatically limit our presence in Iraq too.

See its a Double stadard from the Pakistanis. They can attack US but we cant attack them? THATS B.S!! Just like they bombed our soldiers though a checkpoint. Just like They knew where Bin Laden was,,, Just like Pervez Musharraf told us Bin Laden is dead back in 2003. He knew where Bin Laden was. Ill even bet he was behind Benazir Bhutto assassination back in 2007. He was afraid she might reveled to US where Bin Laden is hiding. So Why should we trust Pakistan? Theyre no differant how the Soviets been lying to us for decades.

See its a Double stadard from the Pakistanis. They can attack US but we cant attack them? THATS B.S!! Just like they bombed our soldiers though a checkpoint. Just like They knew where Bin Laden was,,, Just like Pervez Musharraf told us Bin Laden is dead back in 2003. He knew where Bin Laden was. Ill even bet he was behind Benazir Bhutto assassination back in 2007. He was afraid she might reveled to US where Bin Laden is hiding. So Why should we trust Pakistan? Theyre no differant how the Soviets been lying to us for decades.

Steve. ..THINK!
We are USING Pakistanis on their own territory.

And. . .it is 24 PAKISTANIS that were attacked! NOT 24 Americans!

Duh!!!

Steve. ..THINK!
We are USING Pakistanis on their own territory.

And. . .it is 24 PAKISTANIS that were attacked! NOT 24 Americans!

Duh!!!

I saw a headline, but didn't have time to read the story, that the Pakistanis admitted they fired first?

Anyone else see that?

Werbung:
Back