houseofpolitics.com helps small businesses help themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I want to you all to learn about Kiva - loans that change lives, a non-profit organisation that allows you to lend as little as $25 to a specific low-income entrepreneur in the developing world.

You choose who to lend to - whether a baker in Afghanistan, a goat herder in Uganda, a farmer in Peru, a restaurateur in Cambodia, or a tailor in Iraq - and as they repay their loan, you get your money back. It’s a powerful and sustainable way to empower someone right now to lift themselves out of poverty.

And, I personally invite three forum users to each redeem a $25 gift certificate issued by Kiva and already payed by me! How will it work? I will send you the gift certificat and you can redeem it at the Kiva site and loan it to any small business you like.
If there are more than 3 persons interested in the gift certificates I will make a small drawing.

To be clear, I'm not affiliated with Kiva, I only like the idea. If you want you can visit my own Kiva page.

Werbung:
Skeptical about what?
About the idea in general? About getting the loan back? I already got my money two times back and Kiva isn't a fly-by-night-operation. Of course, lending money is always a risk but at $25 the risk is minimal.

I'm interested. I saw this site on the news and I was curious to try it. Do you still have the gift certificates? If it works out well I will start making more loans.

Yes, still available. I'm waiting for more members :)

This is a good idea. I've been doing this for 3 years now. It really makes a big difference for these people and I have never had one not be paid back.

As government rules Small businesses are a crucial piece of the U.S. economy. Small business owners are an increasingly diverse lot, and no politician or party can satisfy the varying needs of over 25 million individuals.

Werbung:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back