How did Noah get Polar Bears and Kangaroos on and off the ark?

I feel like this is not a mainstream view.

And I would not disagree.

But it is a growing line of propaganda used to try and plug the huge & gaping holes in the historical and geographical time-lines as well as in Biblical literature itself.

Which goes to the point of the topic.

Werbung:
Google Creation Museum and see it all.

I know it's amazing but it's as true as rain... that's the new spin. If you do some Google searches of Creationist you'll see pics of little plastic dinosaurs walking up the ramp to the Ark... dinosaurs in the background with men around a campfire.

It's a must see religious HOOT!!!

Creationists are just christianity's version of the tin foil hat crowd. Not to be taken seriously. The're lucky the basis of their salvation is grace, not knowledge or understanding.

Creationists are just christianity's version of the tin foil hat crowd. Not to be taken seriously. The're lucky the basis of their salvation is grace, not knowledge or understanding.
They do represent a minority view. And yes they are lucky, as are we all, since everyone misunderstands at least something. That being said I have perused their websites and they have offered a few valuable insights here and there. When we are open to exploring many points of view we can draw on the best of what everyone has to offer to find the most consistent view for ourselves.

And I would not disagree.

But it is a growing line of propaganda used to try and plug the huge & gaping holes in the historical and geographical time-lines as well as in Biblical literature itself.

Which goes to the point of the topic.

Two points: one- they are not doing a good job of plugging so called gaps. and two- the gaps are not existent. If you count biblical statements that are confirmed, biblical statements that are neither confimed nor disconfirmed and statements that are disconfirmed you will find that some fall into the first category, most fall into the second category and virtually none fall into the last.

the polars bears were actually regular bears they got put out for say "MF" everybody..they also had hair of wool that's what started the fight....

After giving this more thought I've concluded the polar bears were regular bears due to the fact that they were bleached for looking at the pandas....

The bible is the single most influential book of western culture and civilization. No other book even comes close. The greatest minds of our civilization have found truths in it that make puny all other truths.

In pointing out apparent inconsistencies and/or impossibilities, you attempt to belittle a work that is much greater than all of us. I don't doubt the intellect of many of you, but your ignorance makes me a bit sad.

As the Preacher (Solomon) put it in the book of Ecclesiastes "Vanity of Vanities, all is Vanity" Ecc. ch 1 v 2

After giving this more thought I've concluded the polar bears were regular bears due to the fact that they were bleached for looking at the pandas....

Evolutionists claim that polar bears evolved maybe 100,000 thousand years ago from the brown bear. There is no date on when the ark had it's voyage. There is no reason that polar bears even had to be on the ark.

The brown bear evolved about 300,000 to 400,000 years ago from the sun bear. There is still no date for the ark. There is no reason to think that the brown bear was on the ark.

If we take the most reasonable interpretation that the flood was large but local and that it happened in an unkown part of the world at an unknown time we don't even know what kind of bears may or may not have lived around there.

Evolutionists claim that polar bears evolved maybe 100,000 thousand years ago from the brown bear. There is no date on when the ark had it's voyage. There is no reason that polar bears even had to be on the ark.

The brown bear evolved about 300,000 to 400,000 years ago from the sun bear. There is still no date for the ark. There is no reason to think that the brown bear was on the ark.

If we take the most reasonable interpretation that the flood was large but local and that it happened in an unkown part of the world at an unknown time we don't even know what kind of bears may or may not have lived around there.
"...If we take the most reasonable interpretation that the flood was large but local...", in that case, there would be no reason to have two of each animal on an ark...if all the animals drowned in a local flood, animals outside the local area would re-inhabit that local area after the flood waters subsided.
If the trouble was taken to save animals for reintroduction, the flood (if it took place at all), would not logically been a local event.
It seems that the most reasonable interpretation of the supposed event is, that it did not really happen.

The bible is the single most influential book of western culture and civilization. No other book even comes close. The greatest minds of our civilization have found truths in it that make puny all other truths.

In pointing out apparent inconsistencies and/or impossibilities, you attempt to belittle a work that is much greater than all of us. I don't doubt the intellect of many of you, but your ignorance makes me a bit sad.

As the Preacher (Solomon) put it in the book of Ecclesiastes "Vanity of Vanities, all is Vanity" Ecc. ch 1 v 2
Just as the gullibility of bible thumpers makes those who actually use critical thinking and question things sad.
"...Greatest minds of our civilization...", Jerry Falwell?, Pat (pray the hurricane away) Robertson?

"Your rightiousnes are as filthy rags."
"Judge not least you be judged."

"...If we take the most reasonable interpretation that the flood was large but local...", in that case, there would be no reason to have two of each animal on an ark...if all the animals drowned in a local flood, animals outside the local area would re-inhabit that local area after the flood waters subsided.
If the trouble was taken to save animals for reintroduction, the flood (if it took place at all), would not logically been a local event.
It seems that the most reasonable interpretation of the supposed event is, that it did not really happen.

Aren't you assuming that the main purpose of having the animals on the ark was for re-introduction? To avoid their extinction? The animals may have only existed in the local area at that time and their extinction may have been in question? But What if their extinction was never in question? What if the ark was a real event that happened to symbolize another event? What if the Ark of Noah was a type for the Ark of the Convenent? In this case the animals would have been a type for the Law. The covenent between Noah and God was something that needed to be kept alive and keeping the animals alive symbolized that God kept the covenent alive. The passage even says:

"But I will establish my covenant with you, and you will enter the ark—you and your sons and your wife and your sons' wives with you. 19 You are to bring into the ark two of all living creatures, male and female, to keep them alive with you. 20 Two of every kind of bird, of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground will come to you to be kept alive. 21"

It seems to link the life of the animals with the covenent.

Or it could be that the whole passage did not really happen (as you say) but was written purely as a symbol? The bible is a religious book much more than a history book after all. But so far I do not think that the evidence from the passage is strong enough that we need to take it symbolically rather than literally. Not that taking it symbolically would change the Christian message in any way. At last not until people started taking every bit of the book symbolically (which some do) and this of course is why there is such a strong resistance to just jumping on the non-literal bandwagon.

Just as the gullibility of bible thumpers makes those who actually use critical thinking and question things sad.
"...Greatest minds of our civilization...", Jerry Falwell?, Pat (pray the hurricane away) Robertson?

I do not think there is anything wrong with being a critical thinker and questioning things. But that is not what Dawkins's man was doing. He really was just trying to make any sort of dig he could find (and without doing much homework).

No, I don't consider Falwell, Robertson, or Hagee great minds. I do consider Milton, Newton, and Einstein great minds.

Why does this mental image of a bunch of Lilliputions trying to bind Gulliver keep popping into my head?

"The ___________ is the single most influential book of western culture and civilization. No other book even comes close. The greatest minds of our civilization have found truths in it that make puny all other truths."

1. Das Capital
2. Mien Kampf
3. The Koran
4. The Thoughts of Mao
5. The Torah
6. The Origin of the Species
7. The Bible

Just insert the name of the book that in your opinion meets the above criteria. You will find that it is just one of many possibilities, dependent upon your orientation, location, culture, and opinion. The Bible being such is just your opinion.

Werbung:

It is an influential book, no doubt about it, and has many gems of wisdom hidden in its pages, ready to be dug out and used.

However, it is also a collection of ancient writings that were written down when most people were illiterate and had experiences limited to a subsistence farm within a few miles of the place of their birth and death. Those writings were done in languages that are now extinct for the most part, and translated into Latin, then into modern languages. Many tell stories that were handed down by word of mouth for decades before being written down.

It simply is not rational to think that those writings are to be interpreted literally. Here is why:

an open letter to Dr. Laura
J. Kent Ashcraft
May 2000
Dear Dr. Laura,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help.

Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

http://www-users.cs.york.ac.uk/~susan/joke/laura.htm

Back