1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

how do we trust obama

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by scottmusk@insightbb.com, May 6, 2008.

1. scottmusk@insightbb.com

scottmusk@insightbb.com New Member

This man would like to be the next President. He won't defend his own preacher's first amendment to free speach. WHAT ABOUT THE AMERICANS HE WISHES TO LEAD???

2. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't either... but then who exactly that hasn't dropped out, would you trust? Democrat McCain? Two-faced Hillary? Obama, fits in perfectly with the crowd.

3. Pandora

Pandora Well-Known Member

at least McCain is old and there is still a (SLIM) chance he picks a decent vp then DIES!
    That is about the only way he is going to get my vote!

4. Rhodri

Rhodri New Member

His not threatening Wrights free speech, he's distancing himself from what Wright said.

5. vyo476

vyo476 Active Member

Exactly - people get very angry over "violations" of the right to free speech without realizing that isn't being violated.

6. asur

asur New Member

Hillary may not always tell the truth but she doesn't associate with racists.

You can't have racist as vspiritual mentors and not be a racist yourself, it isn't possible.

It sure appears Obama may be the first racist president of the United States.

7. 9sublime

9sublime Active Member

As rhodri and vyo said, at no point has obama denied or violated free speech.

Another cheap and inaccurate attempt to blemish Obama's reputation.

8. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    I must have missed it when Obama said the Government should shut him up...Or is it that Obama does not have the 1st amendment to attack him when he speaks and attacks Obama personally? I guess I just missed it all....

9. Rhodri

Rhodri New Member

The hell of it is...if he/she doesn't come back...you may be in the dark a long long time.:eek:

10. Bunz

Bunz New Member

I trust Obama. He is my buddy. Just like he is everyone's buddy. So, do we as Americans want the pissed off old man who is apt to bomb the wrong country, do we continue with another 4 years with Bill Clinton haunting the halls of the White House and learn that continuing this Bush-Clinton dynasty fiasco isnt going to improve anything. Just another 4 years for these career politicians to settle old scores and continue the partisan BS.
    Or do we move this country forward, and heal. Do we work to regain our former standing in the world as the leader of liberty and economy, reach out to our allies, and quit trying to be the world police and fix our own problems. If you dont want that, then vote elsewhere, or better yet, dont vote at all.

11. sun tzu

sun tzu New Member

He is not attacking his old pastor's right to speak; he disagrees with him. There is a difference. For example, I think your bias against Obama is based on all the wrong reasons and is purposefully misleading, but I believe you have to the right to say it.