How Do You Feel About Voting Against All Incumbents?

thocas

Im curious to hear peoples opinions about a non-partisan movement to vote out all sitting Congressional leaders regardless of political party. I feel its time we raise the bar in Washington. Carer politicians are becoming way to powerful.

Werbung:
vote against them just because they are incumbents? I personally think that is stupid. Vote against them because they are not doing a good job.

so lets say we have a good Senator or congressman and the guy trying to replace them sucks. You are saying vote out the guy who is actually doing a good job and vote in the guy that you already know sucks before he ever even gets the job?

that is not logical.

All congressmen should have term limits. What he's stabbing on, and I agree with is, we have full time, life long, politicians. People who have spent their entire lives in politics, never once having to work one full days work. I agree with this idea. AIM (Anti-Incumbent Movement)

That said, you are also right. We should kick out only the bad ones. Problem is, people never seem to be educated enough to know which are bad. More over, the bad to good ratio is... a bit off?

Im curious to hear peoples opinions about a non-partisan movement to vote out all sitting Congressional leaders regardless of political party. I feel its time we raise the bar in Washington. Carer politicians are becoming way to powerful.

Irrational.

One of the theories is that even if you vote in a good person, Washington will eventually corrupt them. Therefore, term limits are looked at as a corruption limit as it often takes them awhile to figure out how to "play the game." If you want what passes for honesty in your politicians, it's "incumbent" upon you to do whatever is necessary to keep them from learning how to play the game.

Pun intended.

Once upon a time, we had statesmen who would give their lives for their country. Those days are long gone...

Im curious to hear peoples opinions about a non-partisan movement to vote out all sitting Congressional leaders regardless of political party.
It sounds like another Bush-style easy-answer; no thinking required. :rolleyes:

The American-people are lazy-enough....they don't need the encouragement to become more-so.

vote against them just because they are incumbents? I personally think that is stupid. Vote against them because they are not doing a good job.

so lets say we have a good Senator or congressman and the guy trying to replace them sucks. You are saying vote out the guy who is actually doing a good job and vote in the guy that you already know sucks before he ever even gets the job?

that is not logical.

It sounds like another Bush-style easy-answer; no thinking required. :rolleyes:

The American-people are lazy-enough....they don't need the encouragement to become more-so.

I completely agree with guys on a case by case basis, but think BIGGER. How are we to distinguish between good and bad? That is the way we have been doing this for our entire history, and look where we are. We the people need to stand together(red ans blue) and send our leaders a unified message that we will no longer tolerate their incompetence. If we were to get rid of 70%-80% of the house in one clean sweep, their predecessors would know the party is over! Not to mention losing their grip on power. Its time we the people demand patriots not politicians in office! The congress as a whole has failed the American people. The current members that truly care about the people will come back and the ones that are in it for themselves will return to the private sector where they can make more money. This isnt a new way to vote, just this year.

I would love to see a clean sweep, just to send a message to future politicians, but it isn't feasible. Having a newbie who has no experience heading important committees would be disastrous. However, Barney Frank, Charles Schumer and Christopher Dodd, all being instrumental members, or chairmen of the committees that fought regulation of the banking/ insurance industries, should be removed and charged with criminal negligence.

All congressmen should have term limits. What he's stabbing on, and I agree with is, we have full time, life long, politicians. People who have spent their entire lives in politics, never once having to work one full days work. I agree with this idea. AIM (Anti-Incumbent Movement)

That said, you are also right. We should kick out only the bad ones. Problem is, people never seem to be educated enough to know which are bad. More over, the bad to good ratio is... a bit off?

I like that! my idea is PurgeTheSystem .com Check it out if you would like to help get the word out. purge the system is only a staging grounds. Its about the message. This process has already begun and its success depends on word of mouth, emails ,and text messaging(amongst a few others)

I would love to see a clean sweep, just to send a message to future politicians, but it isn't feasible. Having a newbie who has no experience heading important committees would be disastrous. However, Barney Frank, Charles Schumer and Christopher Dodd, all being instrumental members, or chairmen of the committees that fought regulation of the banking/ insurance industries, should be removed and charged with criminal negligence.
Thanks for proving my point. These are some of the most experienced people in Washington and look at the mess we are in. How more could newbies really wreck things? Hate to say it but their experience is in lining their own pockets. Lets stand together(red and blue) and send a clear message to Washington that their incompetence will no longer be tolerated!

Take the blame all the way. What do you think should be America's response to the voters in Mass. and New York if THEY vote these guys back in?

Great news. Recently received emails that ABC7(Chicago) , CLTV(Chicago land TV) producers and the NY Times paper are considering coverage!

Werbung:
The problem with deciding on a case by case basis is that, while the approval rating of Congress is in the toilet and swirling down, voter's opinions of their representatives and senators tend to be much higher. Since we can't vote for someone else's guy, the chances are that incumbents are likely to be around for a long time to come.

The problem with voting all of them out is that we'd wind up with a bunch of neophytes who wouldn't have a clue how to solve the problems of this country.

Of course, the current Congress doesn't really have a clear idea how to proceed either, so there we are, between a rock and a hard place.

So, we focus on the presidential race, trying to ignore the fact that (1) there isn't really a great deal of difference between the two front runners, and (2) they will only have just so much power to change things anyway.

Therefore, the odds that we'll actually get a government that works, one that can solve the credit crisis, balance the budget, stop the illegal alien invasion, and put an end to the war in the Middle East are somewhere between zilch and zero.

So, in conclusion:

We are royally screwed.

Back