1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

How Do You Make "Free-Market-conservatives" Flip-OUT?

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Shaman, Aug 30, 2009.

1. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

We're gonna find-OUT!!!!

Barney....Ron....WHUP SOME BUTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

2. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

This bill is going to be DOA when it gets to the Senate. And if the House does act, and should the Senate actually do something with it, the Grassley amendment would seriously curtail any real "audit" that might occur.

3. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Besides... "free market conservatives" support the bill and want a full audit of the Fed. All Capitalists, many Libertarians and some Conservatives think the fed should be abolished outright. The fed is just another failed government program instituted by a "Progressive" Democrat, Woodrow Wilson:

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men." -Woodrow Wilson, after signing the Federal Reserve into existence

Its a failed institution because at its inception, the fed promised something reiterated by President Barack Obama during his election: To "end the boom and bust cycle of the economy" once and for all. Eleven years after the creation of the fed there was a massive recession and six years after that, the great depression. The federal reserve is a failure in its chartered goal and remains a threat to the rights of all Americans.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." - Thomas Jefferson

4. TheFranklinParty

TheFranklinParty New Member

Did you guys forget that the Federal Reserve is a privately held company? It's not a federal program or department. It is owned by the largest U.S. banks. The only real say we have is only an opinion.

I agree with taking them out of the game of printing and or guarantying our money. It was a crazy late night vote that gave them the power in the first place. Why no one has stood up to them up to now is the surprising part.