Howdy

Centrehalf

Over the last three years I've joined two other forums, but after a few weeks of posting on them I just wasn't happy with them so I decided to look for another forum to join. This time I took the time to look at my options by reading through them as a visitor in order to get an idea as to how they operate and what the members are like. This one looks pretty good to me.

I'm not a member of any political party, but I do have some strong opinions. I don't like getting involved in partisan bickering. I think links are overrated because any opinion you have, no matter how ridiculous, can be backed up by a link from somewhere on the Internet.

That's about it. See you out there.

Werbung:
Over the last three years I've joined two other forums, but after a few weeks of posting on them I just wasn't happy with them so I decided to look for another forum to join. This time I took the time to look at my options by reading through them as a visitor in order to get an idea as to how they operate and what the members are like. This one looks pretty good to me.

I'm not a member of any political party, but I do have some strong opinions. I don't like getting involved in partisan bickering. I think links are overrated because any opinion you have, no matter how ridiculous, can be backed up by a link from somewhere on the Internet.

Good to have you, Centerhalf. I'll second the aversion to "partisan bickering", but you'll see plenty of that on this forum as well.

Yes, you can find almost anything on the internet. Some of the stories you find there are actually more than half true, too.

Glad you joined, but we do some partisan bickering here. If you have strong opinions, obviously you will get into some bickering now and than. It is a wonderful thing we Americans still have the right to do.

Without partisan bickering, what do we have? Are you suggesting we should all agree on every issue?

I'm not suggesting that people shouldn't argue issues and defend the positions of their Party, if they have one. I'm just a little tired of watching discussions turn into a contest to see who can make the most outrageous claims against their opposition. For example; "You guys are a bunch of Marxists" or "Republicans want to kill children and old people". I think Godwin's Law should be expanded to cover stuff like that.

I'm not suggesting that people shouldn't argue issues and defend the positions of their Party, if they have one. I'm just a little tired of watching discussions turn into a contest to see who can make the most outrageous claims against their opposition. For example; "You guys are a bunch of Marxists" or "Republicans want to kill children and old people". I think Godwin's Law should be expanded to cover stuff like that.

Okay. I agree with you. You will see some of that here, but it is at a minimum.

Werbung:
Back