1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Human Rights & "Resurrection" Of The Reagan-Years!

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Mr. Shaman, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Yeah....Ol' ReRon was quite the badass-cowboy, when it came to women, children, Priests & nuns. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Comparing Cold War logic to present day.

3. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Ah, yes.....I guess I forgot about BUSHCO's new Statute Of Limitations. :rolleyes:

4. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I am going to go ahead and say that the strategic interests of the United States and our hegemony are more important than the lives of eight people.

Now I have no doubt that you will make a comment on this, but the majority of people everywhere agrees with me. And it is comparing Cold War logic to today. This civil war started in 1980, it should be clear why we automatically backed the government that was promoting pro-western interests at that time.

5. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Well.....seeing-as-how 3,000 is that magic-number that entitles a country to strike-out (preemptively) at whatever country it chooses....we'd best not try any(more) nation-building, in Central America!!!

So, tell me.....what petty/sophomoric-excuse do you have, for deleting my Spitzer-post?​

6. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

We did not try nation building, we simply supported a pro-Western government and turned a blind eye to its domestic policies.

I don't know what you are talking about.

7. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

Yeah....you "conservatives" always were big-fans of "taking-on" people too small (or, weak) to fight-back....which would pretty-much explain the (WMD-free) Iraq War.

B.S.!!!!!

You don't even lie well.

:rolleyes:

8. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Well the Cold War was carried out over a span of 50 years (give or take) and presided over by numerous Presidents who were both Democrat and Republican. It was not a "conservative" issues that we backed governments around the world who were anti-Russia and pro-Western...

Your spitzer thread is in the Business and Economics forum. I assume that is the one you are talking about. No one deleted anything. Perhaps you simply forgot the thread you posted it on?

9. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman New Member

The Cold War, huh?

What was our excuse, before that?

You "conservatives" (continually) fall-back on your (faux) ideology-excuses, but...it's always been about bu$ine$$....and, minimizing labor-issues!

10. Libsmasher

Libsmasher New Member

Lib appeasers have ALWAYS been against resistance to communists, human rights violations or not. The only commie they ever saw that they didn't like is - none of them. And why not? They are ideological cousins. :D

11. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

We have always intervened for our own interests. Before the Cold War it was no exception. During the Cold War we supported government in our interests, regardless of human rights issues. It was not until after the Cold War that we have gotten on a human rights kick and decided that human rights was a legitimate reason to intervene anywhere.

So yes, you are comparing the idea that the US always intervenes in its own interests, to the relatively new idea that humanitarian interests make for a valid reason for intervention. Thus, you are comparing Cold War logic (and from before) to a new post Cold War logic of a more humanitarian approach.

12. laughinatreps

laughinatreps New Member

You must have insulted someone.....that seems to be the blanket excuse..lolol

13. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

His post was never deleted, he simply forget what thread he posted it on.