Hurricane Gustav threatens GOP convention

And it did not take long before some Right wing Bible thumper was out blaming gays for it....useing it to push his anti gay agenda.
Speaking of which:

“Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans.” “New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came.”

Pastor John Hagee — whose endorsement McCain said he was “glad to have”

Werbung:
Speaking of which:

“Hurricane Katrina was, in fact, the judgment of God against the city of New Orleans.” “New Orleans had a level of sin that was offensive to God, there was to be a homosexual parade there on the Monday that the Katrina came.”

I thought it was because George Bush did not care about black people.

some call calling out leaders who fail and caling for change to make sure it never happens again....trying to save lives so it does not happen again.

The only "failure" on the part of the Federal government was in having FEMA in the first place. It is not now, nor has it ever been the responsibility of the federal government to come riding to the rescue every time Mother Nature decides to clean house, that's the STATES responsibility.

The only people who are REALLY responsible for the problems in New Orleans after Katrina are that CUNT Blanco, and that mongoloid son-of-a-***** Ray Nagin, PERIOD. THEY failed to do THEIR jobs, and ensure the safety (as much as law allows) of their citizens, and when the entire thing blew up in their faces, they started screaming at the Feds to come bail their stupid fuking asses out. It was typical Libtard thinking, that it's always somebody elses responsibility to take care of them, and they're so damned stupid that they'd starve to death in a grocery store warehouse unless somebody came up and OPENED THE BOXES AND CANS FOR THEM!

If anybody has any questions as to why I'm so rabidly anti-Libtard, the answer is KATRINA! That mess illustrated as clearly as anything else exactly what is so DEADLY wrong headed about Libtards, and their entire thought process.

Speaking of which:

Having lived there, I can't argue with that assessment of the city. It's frickin' EVIL feeling, and it's also the only place I've ever lived where I honestly felt the NEED to carry a firearm, ON MY PERSON, any time I wasn't in my own home, and even when I WAS in my own home, I always had one no more than 10 feet from me, and usually withing arms reach.

George Bush caring little for African Americans is fact.
Yeah! Screw Bush for not having a Magic Wand!
fairrington.jpg

George Bush caring little for African Americans is fact. They're not exactly a key GOP demographic.

Hagee and his nonsense is obviously fiction.

But you know that.

I agree, I actually laughed when Hagee said that because it was so ridiculous. It is on the same level as the idea that Bush does not care about black people because many black people vote democrat. The logic does not fly.

George Bush caring little for African Americans is fact.

Well, why SHOULD he care about "African Americans"? It's not his JOB to care about "African Americans", it's his JOB to be the Chief Executive and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of ALL Americans.

All this "African American" bullsnot is just that, BULLSNOT, and as far as I'm concerned, until the "African American" people quit leaning on that crutch, they DESERVE to be treated the way they are, a minority group that you pay lip service to during elections, and IGNORED the rest of the time.

NOTIFICATION TO MODS AND ADMIN, IF YOU WANT TO BAN ME FOR THIS, THAT'LL BE JUST FINE WITH ME!

Popeye ... I went through Katrina, IN New Orleans, not because we didn't "want" to leave, but because we COULDN'T leave. My elderly mother had just undergone major surgery only days before the storm hit and was unable to be moved. I lost 3 good friends to that storm, one of whom I had known since we were 6 years old.

FF, I'm so very sorry about your losses, and the nightmare that must have been for your mother and all your family.

In your other points, you are so right. Can't say I like your .... "overly-spirited" way of putting things and expressing your frustration, but I certainly can appreciate the sentiment. Blanco and Nagin (and any other parish leaders who failed to act) hold all the blame about the events before and during the storm.

Since the federal government has grown into this role of chief-rescuer-salvager-rebuilder it will undoubtedly continue to be the most criticized in all disaster situations. Somewhere the line was crossed between making sure all resources were available and reasonable support being given, to full responsibility.

The GOP base is not even warming up to mccain (of course, i could be wrong) and even though it's still early in the game, this just proves to show how we see our candidates to-date. i know i will get burned for this, but i think mccain is a warmonger. i get the impression that he doesn't care to what happens to our troops in the middle east and the other parts of the world. Furthermore, the Presidential campaign TV ads is getting a little nasty, if you happen to see the "McCain's New TV Ad on Obama's 'Celebrity' like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and The Democratic TV Ad on McCain: Are We Better Off?" videos being clash in Well, sooner or later you knew it had to start! The media is begging for it and the people want to see some fight in their candidates. So here ya go...and I am sure this is only the beginning. So, if I'm going to ask this question, which one is more believable in http://clashorama.com/index.php?id=191 ?

The GOP base is not even warming up to mccain (of course, i could be wrong) and even though it's still early in the game, this just proves to show how we see our candidates to-date. i know i will get burned for this, but i think mccain is a warmonger. i get the impression that he doesn't care to what happens to our troops in the middle east and the other parts of the world. Furthermore, the Presidential campaign TV ads is getting a little nasty, if you happen to see the "McCain's New TV Ad on Obama's 'Celebrity' like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton and The Democratic TV Ad on McCain: Are We Better Off?" videos being clash in Well, sooner or later you knew it had to start! The media is begging for it and the people want to see some fight in their candidates. So here ya go...and I am sure this is only the beginning. So, if I'm going to ask this question, which one is more believable in http://clashorama.com/index.php?id=191 ?

I think the GOP has warmed up to McCain a decent amount. Not to the point where they all love him, but most of them are anti-Obama enough to vote for McCain regardless.

That said, his VP should excite those who McCain is struggling to reach in the base.

FF, I'm so very sorry about your losses, and the nightmare that must have been for your mother and all your family.

In your other points, you are so right. Can't say I like your .... "overly-spirited" way of putting things and expressing your frustration, but I certainly can appreciate the sentiment. Blanco and Nagin (and any other parish leaders who failed to act) hold all the blame about the events before and during the storm.

Since the federal government has grown into this role of chief-rescuer-salvager-rebuilder it will undoubtedly continue to be the most criticized in all disaster situations. Somewhere the line was crossed between making sure all resources were available and reasonable support being given, to full responsibility.

To ALL members (except Popeye, you WORTHLESS POS),

I wish to apologize for my outburst, but as some of you may be aware, today is the 3rd anniversery of Katrina, and this date, and the days leading up to it, are still fresh in my mind, and on my heart.

As for the origins of when that abortion of the "nanny State" happened, I have no idea. I remember several of the bigger storms to hit the Gulf Coast like Camille in '69 and Fredrick in '79, and the gov't didn't come riding to the rescue, it was up to US to pick up the pieces and rebuild our lives. All this FEMA crap is nothinig but enabling the demise of self sufficiency and the utter destruction of the American way of life.

To ALL members (except Popeye, you WORTHLESS POS),

I wish to apologize for my outburst, but as some of you may be aware, today is the 3rd anniversery of Katrina, and this date, and the days leading up to it, are still fresh in my mind, and on my heart.

As for the origins of when that abortion of the "nanny State" happened, I have no idea. I remember several of the bigger storms to hit the Gulf Coast like Camille in '69 and Fredrick in '79, and the gov't didn't come riding to the rescue, it was up to US to pick up the pieces and rebuild our lives. All this FEMA crap is nothinig but enabling the demise of self sufficiency and the utter destruction of the American way of life.

I accept your apology, though I didn't notice any "outburst", I would describe it more as a temper tantrum. However, don't let it get you down, we all have our moments that we are not proud of.

Just cowboy up, and remember there is still a chance Gustav won't hit the Gulf Coast and you won't have to hear anything more about it. On the other hand, if Gustav does hit, the comparisons with Katrina cannot be avoided.

Werbung:
The Republicans are apparently still going on with their convention despite the fact that Gustav has now strengthened into a category 4 hurricane

Key West is also under a tropical storm warning, as the tropical force winds can be found up to 160 miles outside of the eye of Gustav.

Gustav is expected to cross through western Cuba's cigar country as a major hurricane, and then enter the southeastern Gulf of Mexico by Sunday morning.

Gustav is already blamed for killing at least 71 people in the Caribbean.

the storm will most likely land somewhere between Galveston, Texas, to Alabama, or perhaps as far east as the Florida panhandle. New Orleans, which is still recovering from Hurricane Katrina, is right in the middle of the current projected path.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/...ustav+strengthens+into+a+Category+4+hurricane

Back