Hurricane Gustav threatens GOP convention

BREAKING NEWS:McCain Says RNC Changes Will Scramble Schedule
Sen. John McCain and his campaign announce changes in the Republican National
Convention program because of Hurricane Gustav.

Werbung:
ASTONISHING !....... and maybe more than a little pathological. Now, destructive hurricanes, that are dislocating a population from an entire city , making them face another uncertain future........... are used for /as political tactics.

Is there NO LOW that the US will not descend to???

Seems that every shred of humanity has left the US....

No, not the US, just DEMOCRATS!! They're the only scum sucking vermin that would even consider taking a potential disaster, following only 3 years after a major disaster, and trying to make political hay out of it.

Also, BTW, just as a reminder, it's not just New Orleans, but nearly 2 million people from all over southern Mississippi, Louisiana, and even eastern Texas are unassing the AO as we speak.

And this is supposed to be POLITICALLY valuable for the most dangerous and ugly party in the US. IS THAT ALL THAT MATTERS??? Yet, in a malicious way......... this attitude fits the "GOP" right to a "t". They will use and abuse ANYTHING to their advantage. EVERYTHING Is politics to them............the dirtier , the more underhanded, the better they like it.

Uh, you might want to take a step back and re-evaluate that Shadow. It's not the GOP that's trying to take advantage of the hurricane for THEIR political advantage, and have been for days.

Even the name "Gustav"............has political connotations.

Have you been smoking crack?? Do you think that the National Hurricane Center came up with the name "Gustav" with the knowledge that THAT particular named storm would appear at the precise moment of the GOP convention? DUDE! If ANY agency of the US Governement had THAT much on the ball, the rest of the world would already be States, and English would be the ONLY language spoken on the entire FU(KING PLANET!!

Seems we will not be seeing the BUSH/CHENEY duo in NO any time soon. ~ even if it would be to spew more LIES, and we all know what the bush matriarch feels about the poor and black. Heck..... Babs bush might be the ultimate in "tacticians". after all , it is all about strategy and tactics.. and if thousands are homeless ...........just another potential political tactic.

OK, you REALLY need to get professional psychiatric care IMMEDIATELY. Anybody who doesn't even live in America, and has such a terminal case of BDS, has GOT to get to a hospital immediately before it's TOO LATE!!!

Federal Farmer;58502]No, not the US, just DEMOCRATS!! They're the only scum sucking vermin that would even consider taking a potential disaster, following only 3 years after a major disaster, and trying to make political hay out of it.

Point of order: When Republican Larry Craig is in your Party. Remove all referances to "sucking" out of your attacks on Democrats!:D

Them not speaking (they might still speak via satellite) is not going to have much of an impact either way.~ Big Rob

Au contraire...

The McCain campaign just picked a risky WOMAN VP for one reason only: to rope in former middle ground democrats who are thoroughly disgusted with Bush/Cheney. The last thing McCain would want is to have those two deal-killers scare off the ladies they just got on board.

I stand by what I said. No, Mr. and Mr. 30%-approval-rating would NOT have been good for the McCain numbers.. talk about your anti-bump..

Point of order: When Republican Larry Craig is in your Party. Remove all referances to "sucking" out of your attacks on Democrats!:D

OH NO! Not as long as YOU'VE got Barney Franks, a SELF PROCLAIMED pillow-biter and whore monger. No, YOU'RE the party of "gay Rights", you deserve the SUCK line, all day long.

Au contraire...

The McCain campaign just picked a risky WOMAN VP for one reason only: to rope in former middle ground democrats who are thoroughly disgusted with Bush/Cheney. The last thing McCain would want is to have those two deal-killers scare off the ladies they just got on board.

I stand by what I said. No, Mr. and Mr. 30%-approval-rating would NOT have been good for the McCain numbers.. talk about your anti-bump..

They were not going to play a prominent role. But regardless of approval ratings you do not not allow the President to speak.

Carter had terrible approval ratings, he continues to speak at conventions. It makes no difference. Bush's speech was not going to be a big event, and it was not going to overshadow the message of the convention.

The worst that would have happened is that a bunch of people who already were not going to vote for McCain would point to the speech and try to back up their predrawn conclusions.

The Hurricane did not prevent the GOP convention thou might has changed some of the talk points.

END OF THREAD!

As far as the rest of you ... STFU with the political objectives concerning those in the path of Gustav...

If you have never been to N.O after Katrina then your ablitiy to communicate to us with logic or knowledge has been ground to dirt...

Just because some might be politicizing hurricanes for there own purposes.. the fact still remains that you as a human being should not.. or realize that my and others respect will be completely lost.

No matter how you slice it.. the failing levee's can be put in the hands who job it was to ensure its survival.. The Army corp of engineers and the govener of L.A. Remember ,... we live in a land based on a consititution that plants these kinds of emergencies squarely in the peoples hand within the surronding area's...

none else could even be said about this hands down...

END THE THREAD!

Do you have a problem with homosexuals?
.....he's fine....he was just a bit out of sorts its those unexpected colour combination problems that you get at this time of year. The way those summer pastels start clashing with the harsher autumnal tones!!! I mean what are you to do on September the 1st......heavens to betsy! its still summer and its autumn..... all at the same time!!

I do declare....you know that "trying to make a major fashion statement" thing can be hard on the nerves, well I've suggested we go off and do a bit of retail bonding. He'll calm down once we see those new Autumn fashions....those soft russets and taups and browns and the delicious stunning oranges....ooooH ....delightful!!!

...sorry :eek:

...didn't mean it :eek:

...promise I'll be good from now on :eek:

Nope, just blatant hypocrisy, and the fact that some people still insist on introducing "facts not in evidence" in support of their crackbrained political points.

Except that the blatant hypocrisy is all on the side of the GOP..touting "family values", while at the same time trolling for gay sex in a public restroom, or doing a Mark Foley and going after same sex underage congressional pages, or, in what was a big story in my area, Republican Rep. Richard Curtis dressing in woman's clothing and having gay sex in an adult bookstore.

The hypocrisy is overwhelming. Nowadays when I see and hear a Republican claiming they believe in traditional family values, I wonder what they have to hide.

http://www.king5.com/localnews/stories/NW_103107WAB_curtis_resignation_LJ.1c5c1238f.html

On the storm itself... I always hate to see people hurt & displaced and all the property damage that goes along with that.

On the Republican Convention itself as much as I like the fact there will be less press coverage I'm pretty sure the Republicans aren't all that upset that John McSames mentors George Bush & Dick Bush Cheney may now not speak. It gives them an excuse so to speak.

On the storm itself... I always hate to see people hurt & displaced and all the property damage that goes along with that.

On the Republican Convention itself as much as I like the fact there will be less press coverage I'm pretty sure the Republicans aren't all that upset that John McSames mentors George Bush & Dick Bush Cheney may now not speak. It gives them an excuse so to speak.

I am pretty sure most republicans would rather have them speak in their nominal roles and dominate the news coverage for a week, as opposed to getting no coverage and having them not speak.

But regardless of approval ratings you do not not allow the President to speak.~ Big Rob

Right. And thanks again for making my point for me. McCain is aware of those approval ratings and knew he had to let them speak, in whatever capacity..which would have been negative for those he's currently trying to woo to vote for him...you know...that 70% that hates GW and his sidekick Baelzebub?

The point is that the hurricane is the perfect excuse for the GOP to extract the douche-bag duo out of the convention without it looking weird.

So again, thanks for making my point! ;)

Werbung:
Right. And thanks again for making my point for me. McCain is aware of those approval ratings and knew he had to let them speak, in whatever capacity..which would have been negative for those he's currently trying to woo to vote for him...you know...that 70% that hates GW and his sidekick Baelzebub?

The point is that the hurricane is the perfect excuse for the GOP to extract the douche-bag duo out of the convention without it looking weird.

So again, thanks for making my point! ;)

So is it better to have Bush play a nominal role and for the Republicans to dominate the news cycle all week, or to get no news coverage, and not have Bush speak?

Dominating the news cycle would have been better.

Back