1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

Hurricane Katrina 'history'

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by Furious George, Dec 16, 2006.

1. Furious George

Furious George New Member

An interactive & "experimental" data visualization as an oral history repository documenting the experiences of the Hurricane Katrina & its aftermath. The interface allows access to video narratives of 44 different people, & connects them by thematic associations. "lives connected" aims to tell a story, convey emotions & illustrate the relationships between oral narratives.

http://livesconnected.com/

Very cool site!

Linkback

2. FourBear

FourBear New Member

That is very interesting, thanks for showing. The way they link all the people together is very unique. I hope this site brings about new awareness.

3. Plumley

Plumley New Member

That's really quite a remarkable site. I think the concept is intriguing and it's fantastic to have this oral history. Thanks for point us to it.

4. tater03

tater03 New Member

Thank you for the link. It sounds very interesting. I will have to check it out. I feel so bad for these people. There are still people that cannot return home yet. And still places that need cleaned up which I find just so sad as a nation.

5. mtatum4496

mtatum4496 New Member

I've not had a chance to use the link yet, but will do so later this week. One quick question - does this focus mainly on New Orleans, or does it also include data on the Mississippi coastline and the Mobile, Alabama area as well?

6. Furious George

Furious George New Member

Has nothing to do with regions--it's just the stories of the victims.