I agree....Obama needs to address this issue

Werbung:
I totally agree with this video and wanted to share it with others. I think it's high time this issue was addressed and either gotten rid of or changed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgzWt6p_4eQ

Good video but I dont think there is any way obama is going to end Affirmative Action.

I will be very happy if he does but I dont see it ever happening, Actually I see things getting far worse. Already one of his senor adivsors said he wants to be sure the stim package doesn not go to white construction workers, and that it should go to african americans and other minorites.

Affirmative action is an issue whose urgency has been lost. Over the years it has been tempered to become much more responsible and reasonable than it used to. There must be 1000 more important issue on Obama's "to do list" than focus on affirmative action programs.

In my mind the affirmative action program is kind of like the Equal Rights Amendment. It never got accepted, but over time it has settled into society. In several generations, people will remember the issue like the debate over the gold standard and the silver standard. Lost in the annals of history.

It was always assumed that the blacks were at a disadvantage because no one thought they could do as well as a white person. But with a black man as president, then they now have no excuse. So it is time for ALL to be judged on there merits. Maybe with a successful black president, we will see the failing of the individual, not the race.

Werbung:
In my mind the affirmative action program is kind of like the Equal Rights Amendment. It never got accepted, but over time it has settled into society. In several generations, people will remember the issue like the debate over the gold standard and the silver standard. Lost in the annals of history.
We're gonna need a few-more elections, to (finally) rid ourselves o' the Old Guard Republicans.

Back