I thought the UK was insignificant?

Who did tell you?

In the run up to the brexit vote, it was constantly said that the only reason the UK has any influence in the world is due to it being backed by the EU, if we was to vote leave then we would be an insignificant country. That may of course just been propaganda by the remain campaigners and now that we have voted to leave, I guess we will see just how important we really are in the world.

Werbung:
In the run up to the brexit vote, it was constantly said that the only reason the UK has any influence in the world is due to it being backed by the EU, if we was to vote leave then we would be an insignificant country. That may of course just been propaganda by the remain campaigners and now that we have voted to leave, I guess we will see just how important we really are in the world.

I recall (via translators) it was EU ministers who said that the UK was only worthy in the EU and without them (the EU) the UK would fail. It could have been Junker or Prodi or both at some point. I switch off when I hear them speak to be honest.

Lots of English people voted leave because they hope it will lead to less immigration.England is one of the most densely populated nations in the world.It bears the brunt of immigration,It's not a big issue in Scotland or Northern Ireland.Most Scottish voters want to stay in the EU,so this could lead to Scottish independence.Most voters in Northern Ireland want to stay in the EU,so this could lead to a united Ireland.This would lead to the break up of the UK.Effectively,Wales,Ireland,Scotland and England will become independent countries.I can hardly wait its going to be great.Now excuse me Mr.President I'm off for a full English Brexit.
Scotland seems to be the one that agitates about leaving every so often. Exactly how does that mean N. Ireland would join Ireland? Exactly how does that separate England and Wales? Aren't you assuming a little too much?

Scotland seems to be the one that agitates about leaving every so often. Exactly how does that mean N. Ireland would join Ireland? Exactly how does that separate England and Wales? Aren't you assuming a little too much?
Northern Ireland voters wanted to remain.Of course it was an UK vote and that's what mattered.Scots nationalists are using it as a lever,to have another referendum on independence for Scotland.All of this could lead to the break up of the UK.No assumptions just guessing!

Northern Ireland voters wanted to remain.Of course it was an UK vote and that's what mattered.Scots nationalists are using it as a lever,to have another referendum on independence for Scotland.All of this could lead to the break up of the UK.No assumptions just guessing!
I don't think Scotland leaving would break up the UK completely. Especially where Wales and England are concerned.

I don't feel the UK will break up as in recent years each country has been given more powers to deal with their own issues to compromise things.

N.Ireland will always be 'difficult' as they still see themselves as Irish, but they need the rest of the UK for jobs and infrastructure. Scotland will always oppose England, I mean it's worse when its football. If Scotland could survive without England it would do it, but the Scots know they can't and just keep trying to get more power.

I don't feel the UK will break up as in recent years each country has been given more powers to deal with their own issues to compromise things.

N.Ireland will always be 'difficult' as they still see themselves as Irish, but they need the rest of the UK for jobs and infrastructure. Scotland will always oppose England, I mean it's worse when its football. If Scotland could survive without England it would do it, but the Scots know they can't and just keep trying to get more power.
The last vote was pretty close regarding the Scots say you may want to reevaluate that opinion. 55.3% of the vote vs. 44.7% in 2014 isn't much wiggle room. If you consider how many of the Scots wanted to stay in the EU you might realize that a new vote would either be much closer or put the yes on independence over the top. The math would certainly support it.

The last vote was pretty close regarding the Scots say you may want to reevaluate that opinion. 55.3% of the vote vs. 44.7% in 2014 isn't much wiggle room. If you consider how many of the Scots wanted to stay in the EU you might realize that a new vote would either be much closer or put the yes on independence over the top. The math would certainly support it.

As I am in the UK, the vote to remain in the EU and the vote to remain in the UK are very different votes. The Scots wanted to stay because most of them work seasonally abroad, plus many areas get EU handouts which is why they voted. It's all about what's in it for them and not about the country.

Basically Scotland can't join the EU unless it leaves the UK and that is a much harder process as Scots are already poor (really) compared to the rest of the UK. If it's a choice of living in poverty I doubt many Scots would choose that option.

As I am in the UK, the vote to remain in the EU and the vote to remain in the UK are very different votes. The Scots wanted to stay because most of them work seasonally abroad, plus many areas get EU handouts which is why they voted. It's all about what's in it for them and not about the country.

Basically Scotland can't join the EU unless it leaves the UK and that is a much harder process as Scots are already poor (really) compared to the rest of the UK. If it's a choice of living in poverty I doubt many Scots would choose that option.
We shall see. Only time will tell. You may be surprised if another vote to leave the UK occurs.

We shall see. Only time will tell. You may be surprised if another vote to leave the UK occurs.

I know Sturgeon will fight for one, she has been since she took office after Salmond failed to win the vote. People care more about their jobs and welfare security than national pride. Most of the housing in Scotland is council as in social housing with huge estates and block. Take away the welfare system and Westminster money you will have a huge homeless population.

We've been hearing about a second referendum for so long it's old news that no one here takes seriously or any notice of. In fact most news reports don't mention it or if they do it's to reaffirm Sturgeon's campaign for independence. The irony was one day she was bleating on about it, and the next day the Queen visited and she met her and did all the nice smiles and photos.

Werbung:
Britain influence is far greater than economics. As someone said its education is very influential. We in Australia still spell coloured he way the English do. Most English speaking countries do > we are influence through the Westminister system of government and in our court system

Back