1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

I want to be one less

Discussion in 'U.S. Politics' started by GenSeneca, Jul 10, 2008.

1. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

Seen the Gardasil commercials? Women saying they want to be one less? Avoiding the vaccine may be the only way to be one less statistic chalked up to Gardasil:

I suggest reading the entire article but I am going to move onto what Gardasil has to say:

They are lobbying Congress to make this drug mandatory for your daughter so they should have included "Government will decide" whats best for her.

Abstinence works 100% of the time and won't kill your daughter....

Yet, abstinence programs are frowned upon as archaic, impracticable and eventually painted as an attempt to force religious views on others. Perhaps chastity belts will come back into fashion... :)

2. pocketfullofshells

pocketfullofshells Well-Known Member

land of 10,000 lakes and 2 senators again
    keep saying dont have sex dont have sex.....cuz thats always worked sooooo well....:rolleyes:

3. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

That depends on the parent as well as the child.

Though it was a poor attempt at comedy, you nevertheless bring up a valid point, abstinence is not for everyone.

Unless you plan to argue on the side of the drug lobbyists, who believe Gardasil is for everyone and should become a mandated vaccination, your comment have only their comedic value... and I was being generous with "poor".

4. Dr.Who

Dr.Who Well-Known Member

Could it be that healthcare should be between oneself and one's doctor? Congress should stick to doing what the constitution tells them to do and leave the rest alone!!!!!!!