Ice confirmed on Mars, Saturn Moon has Liquid Lakes

BigRob

Ice has been successfully identified on Mars.

"I'm very happy to announce that we've gotten an ice sample," said the University of Arizona's William Boynton, co-investigator for Phoenix's Thermal and Evolved-Gas Analyzer, which heats up samples and analyzes the vapors they give off to determine their composition.

Saturn moon also has liquid on its surface.

At least one of many large, lake-like features on Saturn's moon Titan contains liquid hydrocarbons, making it the only body in the solar system besides Earth known to have liquid on its surface, NASA said Wednesday.

Werbung:
This is a monumental discovery, with tremendous implications. People a hundred years from now looking back will laugh at the fact that it was only a minor item in the news of the day.

Isn't it dangerous to bring that stuff back here. Who knows what is in it that wont agree with us humans?
I know of no plan to bring it back. It was collected so that it could be tested to confirm that it was indeed water based ice or water not frozen carbon dioxide or something else...you should not have slept through science class.

This is not a big deal. Yet!

The big deal will be when it's found one way or another whether there is life on Mars. If there is then it is going to have very negative connotations for religion. If there isn't then it's going to confirm the suspicions of scientists such as Richard Dawkins and many others that life has a small chance of beginning on any planet where it is theoretically possible for there to be life. Dawkins wildly estimates one in a million but there is no attempt to be accurate on that. Only to say that very special occurances must take place for life to begin.

Therein lies the upside of what we are going to find out.

And just don't anybody try to suggest that Dawkins will be disappointed if there is life on Mars! That's not the way scientists operate!

I know of no plan to bring it back. It was collected so that it could be tested to confirm that it was indeed water based ice or water not frozen carbon dioxide or something else...you should not have slept through science class.

Hey but they did bring back some dirt from Mars last year. I wondered about that too. I also am iffy about when they go down so far deep in the ocean no one has ever been and nothing comes from... and they bring it up... what if there is some horrible disease.

And I did not sleep through science class, that is when I had to go to the bathroom :)

This is not a big deal. Yet!

The big deal will be when it's found one way or another whether there is life on Mars. If there is then it is going to have very negative connotations for religion. If there isn't then it's going to confirm the suspicions of scientists such as Richard Dawkins and many others that life has a small chance of beginning on any planet where it is theoretically possible for there to be life. Dawkins wildly estimates one in a million but there is no attempt to be accurate on that. Only to say that very special occurances must take place for life to begin.

Therein lies the upside of what we are going to find out.

And just don't anybody try to suggest that Dawkins will be disappointed if there is life on Mars! That's not the way scientists operate!

Part of the question as well would be has there ever been life on Mars? Did Mars once look like Earth? What happened there etc etc..

Part of the question as well would be has there ever been life on Mars? Did Mars once look like Earth? What happened there etc etc..

I was awake and not in the bathroom a couple times during class. We learned that Mars was once much like earth and then

Evil conservative aliens refused to take care and recycle and global warming hit mars.

It is thought the last dying conservative aliens dying words were, I wish I had of voted for the other guy...

Hey but they did bring back some dirt from Mars last year. I wondered about that too. I also am iffy about when they go down so far deep in the ocean no one has ever been and nothing comes from... and they bring it up... what if there is some horrible disease.

And I did not sleep through science class, that is when I had to go to the bathroom :)
I know of no Mars mission where soil samples were actually brought back from Mars. They test the samples on Mars. If you have any reference to samples being brought back to Earth, please cite them here. The only non terrestrial samples I know of were those brought back from the moon.

Also, I have as of yet seen nothing that would indicate that you were not asleep in science class.

I know of no Mars mission where soil samples were actually brought back from Mars. They test the samples on Mars. If you have any reference to samples being brought back to Earth, please cite them here. The only non terrestrial samples I know of were those brought back from the moon.

Also, I have as of yet seen nothing that would indicate that you were not asleep in science class.

Trust me, my teacher never let us sleep in class, so you had to say you needed to use the bathroom to get out of it. I admit I did it a lot!

I did not read about the mars thing, I saw it on the news. I really did not play close attention. I will look to see if I can find a story on it. I could easily be mistaken. Science is NOT my topic :)

Werbung:
The Abomination's soil samples from Mars came from the 40 mile long beaver dam on his daddy't property. Pay no attention to that dimwit!

Back