If clergy were honest, would religions die?

Werbung:
in a nutshell - the elite class of Manichaeans allegedly engaged in an odd ritual in which they poured flour on a table, had sex on it, and then made bread from the “seeded” flour.

:eek::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I stand corrected! I don't think that even sesame seeds would improve the appeal of that bread!

I wouldn't bet too much on that statement if I were you!
If it wasn't for gnosticism you probably wouldn't have "main stream" religion.

As "spiritualists" do you understand "hell" as a physical location or a philosophical concept like suffering or a state of being like evil for example?
I guess you could apply the same rationale to "heaven" if creation was ex nihilo then how do you, presumably as a spiritualist, perceive heaven and indeed hell in terms of main stream religion?
I do not know any main religion that thinks Hell or Heaven are places. What they are has been debated for centuries.

An attack with words is hardly persecution.

I like that you follow Jesus and wish to pick up your cross and follow his lead.

How do you square that with Christians placing their cross on Jesus and trying to ride him into heaven as their scapegoat?

You might recognize that that view is what this bishop says will kill Christianity. I think he is right for the simple reason that the Christian view of having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs they have done, --- so that they might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.
The persecution in Australia is the media saying the head of the church here is guilty of having sex with children. He has not been found guilty but ex priests and others saying he is guilty. The community thinks this is persecution.
Jesus was God, He choose to suffer . He did not have to do it. We do not ride to heaven on his sacrifice, we must do something ourselves carry our cross.

What they are has been debated for centuries.
and the outcome of those debates? If God is all good they why create a hell?

Jesus was God, He choose to suffer
Again, why? If he was God and God created all ex niliho why create suffering?

We do not ride to heaven on his sacrifice, we must do something ourselves carry our cross.
Why? if there was no suffering then why would God require a cross to be bourne?

Last edited:
I do not know any main religion that thinks Hell or Heaven are places. What they are has been debated for centuries.

You seem to ignore that Christians and Muslims definitely have heavens and hells.

You will find all that information by using google to inform yourself.

Regards
DL

The persecution in Australia is the media saying the head of the church here is guilty of having sex with children. He has not been found guilty but ex priests and others saying he is guilty. The community thinks this is persecution.
Jesus was God, He choose to suffer . He did not have to do it. We do not ride to heaven on his sacrifice, we must do something ourselves carry our cross.

That is the moral thing to do, but that is not what most of Christianity believes. The, by faith alone, number of theists is quite large.

The apostles creed does not mention doing anything other than believing in and accepting as true all kinds of supernatural garbage.

Regards
DL

If clergy were honest, would religions die?

I do not think so. Based on the fact, some clergy are maintaining religions based on telling the truth and have stopped lying to their adherents. Knowing this, I wonder why the clergy of all supernaturally based religions continue to lie to their adherents.

In the more honest distant past, those who sought God; did so at a more intellectual level than most do today. The ancients admitted that nothing concrete could be known about God. God was said to be unknowable, unfathomable and worked in mysterious ways and that no attributes could be applied to God.

http://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Today, the idol worshiping religions, like Christianity and Islam, have given what they still claim is an unknowable, unfathomable and mysterious God, with kinds of attributes; which of course are human attributes taken to the maximum of the impossible and delusional supernatural.

Some religions seem to be returning to the more intelligent thinking of the ancients.

Would the idol worshiping religions like Christianity and Islam, be well served if their clergy returned to telling the truth of what they can know of God, or are the clergy serving their religions better by continuing to lie to their adherents?

Regards

DL

P.S.

What is said here about politicians and business is a good analogy to what I think religions do.

I just think it stupid for you to think we must automatically take you as honest and above the standards of all religious leaders
you are attacking Faith with Faith, and asking us to reasonably abandon reason !!!
That there is a Creator is obvious. And the diversity of religions is like the diversity of music, a sign of an essential core that no one gets totally right. I am a Catholic because I find your position recklessly dumb. Youcan't pretend to talk about Truth and then just say "hey, I'm right"

Truth in Religion: The Plurality of Religions and the Unity of Truth​

by Mortimer J. Adler

"For example: while it is possible that no religion may contain the truth, it is a contradiction to hold that all religions contain the truth. This is because of the conflicting and contradictory views that different religions hold regarding God, the cosmos, and human nature, as well as about how human beings should conduct their lives.

Is religion a matter of taste, or a matter of truth? Adler makes the point that in matters of taste -I'm wearing a yellow shirt today, but maybe I look better in blue - there is no disputing (another way of saying it is "There's no accounting for taste"), but in questions of truth, we have to have recourse to the effort to reach agreement about what is true and false."

I just think it stupid for you to think we must automatically take you as honest and above the standards of all religious leaders
you are attacking Faith with Faith, and asking us to reasonably abandon reason !!!
That there is a Creator is obvious. And the diversity of religions is like the diversity of music, a sign of an essential core that no one gets totally right. I am a Catholic because I find your position recklessly dumb. Youcan't pretend to talk about Truth and then just say "hey, I'm right"

Truth in Religion: The Plurality of Religions and the Unity of Truth​

by Mortimer J. Adler

"For example: while it is possible that no religion may contain the truth, it is a contradiction to hold that all religions contain the truth. This is because of the conflicting and contradictory views that different religions hold regarding God, the cosmos, and human nature, as well as about how human beings should conduct their lives.

Is religion a matter of taste, or a matter of truth? Adler makes the point that in matters of taste -I'm wearing a yellow shirt today, but maybe I look better in blue - there is no disputing (another way of saying it is "There's no accounting for taste"), but in questions of truth, we have to have recourse to the effort to reach agreement about what is true and false."

did you just say "hey i'm right" about "that there is a creator is obvious"? lol

That there is a Creator is obvious.

It's certainly not obvious to science and physics. In fact there's very little about the universe that isn't already explained with no silly creator required.
And the diversity of religions is like the diversity of music, a sign of an essential core that no one gets totally right. I am a Catholic because I find your position recklessly dumb. Youcan't pretend to talk about Truth and then just say "hey, I'm right"
How ironic when you talk about truth but simultaneously believe in immaculate conception and miracles and virgin births and parting the seas yet believe that is truth???
You have to be kidding.

Truth in Religion: The Plurality of Religions and the Unity of Truth.​

There's the first oxymoron.
by Mortimer J. Adler

"For example: while it is possible that no religion may contain the truth, it is a contradiction to hold that all religions contain the truth.

Without evidence of a god, every religion has no truth.
This is because of the conflicting and contradictory views that different religions hold regarding God, the cosmos, and human nature, as well as about how human beings should conduct their lives.

The false side of the argument has never been investigated by religion.

Werbung:
I follow scriptures that say that, given that we know good from evil, we are to judge all things and hold to the good.

Have you noted how quiet the site is?

It is because of the shit language and insulting you are doing.

Do you want to insult or debate?

Back