If Elected Will Trump Obey The Constitution?

Old_Trapper70

If he wants to do everything he says he will do, there is no way he can do it Constitutionally:

http://time.com/4320105/donald-trump-u-s-constitution/?xid=homepage

Candidate Trump has proposed a number of radical, dangerous ideas. He is running a campaign based in large part on the promise that he would be a strong leader who would take actions other presidents have been unwilling or unable to carry out. The U.S. constitutional system has checks in place that, in theory, can set limits on presidential power. But those checks have not functioned well during times of crisis, including in the years since 9/11—especially when Congress is passive or deferential. It’s essential to consider what a President Trump could do to deliver on his promise to rule as a strong leader. The answer is that it could largely depend on how far he is willing to go.

Werbung:
It's been said before that while Trump might be saying all the things that people want to hear, that's a dangerous game to play because if he gets into power, he's going to find out that what he can actually do is more limited than he realises I think.

Obama and Bush set a negative precedent. Both on several occasions didn't obey the constitution and Trump, if elected president can do what they did.

But as the GOP isn't united he can be impeached if he doesn't follow the constitution.

The thing is now though, like you say, its been shown that presidents don't have to follow the constitution if they think they know better. That might not be dangerous for some subjects, but Trump banning certain religions and building walls though could be a different matter.

Anyone, not just Trump, who is takes the oath of office for the Presidency is sworn to uphold the Constitution. While people have broken those oaths in the past, we have a system of checks and balances in this country to make sure everyone does their job. He will have no choice but to uphold it or be thrown out. However, I will say that everyone interprets that document differently, which could be a problem.

No president has been true to the constitution ever since Reagan. I don't see how Trump would be any different. If anything, he would burn the constitution and replace it with some kind of fascist manifesto. The absolute worst candidate for President of the US that we have ever seen.

If he wants to do everything he says he will do, there is no way he can do it Constitutionally:

http://time.com/4320105/donald-trump-u-s-constitution/?xid=homepage

Candidate Trump has proposed a number of radical, dangerous ideas. He is running a campaign based in large part on the promise that he would be a strong leader who would take actions other presidents have been unwilling or unable to carry out. The U.S. constitutional system has checks in place that, in theory, can set limits on presidential power. But those checks have not functioned well during times of crisis, including in the years since 9/11—especially when Congress is passive or deferential. It’s essential to consider what a President Trump could do to deliver on his promise to rule as a strong leader. The answer is that it could largely depend on how far he is willing to go.
Will he obey the Constitution? Only if we, the people, see to it that he does.
But, I hope we never have to find out. Job 1 has to be to see to it he never has a chance to challenge the Constitution in the first place.

Will he obey the Constitution? Only if we, the people, see to it that he does.
But, I hope we never have to find out. Job 1 has to be to see to it he never has a chance to challenge the Constitution in the first place.

It will be up to the Republican Party to deny him the candidacy at the convention. And the way they are pandering to him it is doubtful they will do so.

It will be up to the Republican Party to deny him the candidacy at the convention. And the way they are pandering to him it is doubtful they will do so.
It will be up to the Democratic Party to convince the voters that Clinton is less objectionable than Trump. The Republicans have already given up on stopping Trump.

It will be up to the Democratic Party to convince the voters that Clinton is less objectionable than Trump. The Republicans have already given up on stopping Trump.

I think that has already been done. It remains to be seen if a majority of the people will even bother to vote. Many Sanders voters will not vote for Hillary, and many Republicans will not vote for Trump. It appears a very small minority of voters will determine the next President.

I think that has already been done. It remains to be seen if a majority of the people will even bother to vote. Many Sanders voters will not vote for Hillary, and many Republicans will not vote for Trump. It appears a very small minority of voters will determine the next President.
Time for a third party president?

Time for a third party president?

Time for that was 30 years ago. I doubt if it could succeed now. People have been dumbed down too far. For example, see how hard it is for a Third Party candidate to get public attention. Trump has received 2 Nillion in free advertisement. How much has Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party received?

Time for that was 30 years ago. I doubt if it could succeed now. People have been dumbed down too far. For example, see how hard it is for a Third Party candidate to get public attention. Trump has received 2 Nillion in free advertisement. How much has Darrell Castle of the Constitution Party received?
and people don't think the media like Trump. Seems to me they must, or he wouldn't get all the free publicity.

and people don't think the media like Trump. Seems to me they must, or he wouldn't get all the free publicity.
Trump's money is the only reason he ever got any attention to begin with. Anybody that wasn't wealthy could run and say all the same things and it would be ignored.

Werbung:
I think the media was trying to show how bizarre he was. After all the media is no longer news. It's entertainment. If the point of the media was to demean Trump, it certainly backfired.

Back