If Obama was white he would win a landslide

nancy pelosi... you better pray that doesn't happen.

the right defined the experience argument, not the left. you guys decided that less than 10 years in elected office (or, whatever) is not enough...

so WHY is it ok to have, in YOUR PREVIOUSLY ESTABLISHED opinion, someone who is woefully unqualified, thisclose to the presidency?

i think obama's experience as a us senator, state senator, law professor, community organizer, and scholar, as well as a rich international background, is plenty to qualify him for the office.

palin, on the other hand, has only 2 years as governor as relevant experience, unless you are going to cite her terms as mayor of a town of only 5,000, which i have explained elsewhere is silly because there are thousands of mayors in the us, none of whom, probably, can be said to be ready to be president.

YOUR TEAM made up the experience thing, so YOU have to answer to it.

It's clear you think highly of yourself but nowhere have I heard this "10 year" qualifier. Go Fish...

Well, be fair: If Palins Mayoral experience (Executive) doesn't count, then neither does Obama's experience as State sen (legislative), Community Organizer (for a corrupt group), Law professor, Scholar, international background SINCE there are THOUSANDS of those in the US too and THEY cannot be qualified for President.

So we are left with Obama's 145 days in the US Senate vs. Palin's 540 days of Executive experience as Governor. I choose Palin.

Werbung:
so WHY is it ok to have, in YOUR PREVIOUSLY ESTABLISHED opinion, someone who is woefully unqualified, thisclose to the presidency?

Because with Obama's lack of experience there is no "this close" argument, he is already there.

It's clear you think highly of yourself but nowhere have I heard this "10 year" qualifier. Go Fish...

Well, be fair: If Palins Mayoral experience (Executive) doesn't count, then neither does Obama's experience as State sen (legislative), Community Organizer (for a corrupt group), Law professor, Scholar, international background SINCE there are THOUSANDS of those in the US too and THEY cannot be qualified for President.

So we are left with Obama's 145 days in the US Senate vs. Palin's 540 days of Executive experience as Governor. I choose Palin.

10 years is a made up number, you're right. i'm just saying that applying numerical standards is silly in this case. abe lincoln is generally considered the best president in our history, despite having been in the house only 2 years.

you want to count palin's mayoral experience? ok, but then you have to answer for her desire to ban books, her requests for tens of millions of dollars in federal earmarks, and her record of driving that town into debt.

in what way is obama's community organization experience corrupt? i have heard nothing on this story, apart from a quick glance at the thread on this board, and a quick googling turns up nothing but right-wing blogs and trash journalism. if daily kos isn't a valid source, neither are they.

as far as DAYS of experience... congratulations on figuring out that the senate isn't in session year round? if it were, obama would have more days of experience.. it's a misleading standard and you know it.

Because with Obama's lack of experience there is no "this close" argument, he is already there.

ok. it's very simple. no one can answer this, i don't understand why.

democrats and liberals are fine with obama's experience.
republicans are not.

the republicans pick someone with NOT MORE experience than obama, to be a HEARTBEAT away form the presidency.

how is that not hypocritical? if the issue, YOUR issue, is being ready to lead on day one, then you have to account for the possibility that day one may come very quickly for governor palin.

YOUR team has a problem with experience, not mine. but you put someone who is at least equally inexperienced in a position that is literally an infinitesimally tiny moment away from the presidency.

stop diverting the argument, and answer the question, please.

ok. it's very simple. no one can answer this, i don't understand why.

democrats and liberals are fine with obama's experience.
republicans are not.

the republicans pick someone with NOT MORE experience than obama, to be a HEARTBEAT away form the presidency.

how is that not hypocritical? if the issue, YOUR issue, is being ready to lead on day one, then you have to account for the possibility that day one may come very quickly for governor palin.

YOUR team has a problem with experience, not mine. but you put someone who is at least equally inexperienced in a position that is literally an infinitesimally tiny moment away from the presidency.

stop diverting the argument, and answer the question, please.

Republicans are upset that Obama and Palin have basically the same amount of experience, just that on day 1 Obama will be President, not Palin.

Now unless you have inside information that McCain is about to die, I can just as easily say "Obama could die too", it makes no sense, because no one can predict when they are going to die.

Now unless McCain goes out and pulls a William Henry Harrison, (which I doubt) Palin will not be taking the reigns anytime soon, if at all.

That said, should some terrible thing happen Palin will then have VP experience to be added to the resume.

Being ready to lead day 1 seems like a moot issue when the person leading on day 1 will be John McCain, who is more than capable.

Republicans are upset that Obama and Palin have basically the same amount of experience, just that on day 1 Obama will be President, not Palin.

Now unless you have inside information that McCain is about to die, I can just as easily say "Obama could die too", it makes no sense, because no one can predict when they are going to die.

Now unless McCain goes out and pulls a William Henry Harrison, (which I doubt) Palin will not be taking the reigns anytime soon, if at all.

That said, should some terrible thing happen Palin will then have VP experience to be added to the resume.

Being ready to lead day 1 seems like a moot issue when the person leading on day 1 will be John McCain, who is more than capable.

thank you for actually addressing the issue.

my qualm is this: john mccain is 72 and has had multiple bouts with cancer, and although i wish him many more happy years anywhere but the white house, you can't deny that he is more likely to die or be severely incapacitated (by natural causes) than the 47-year-old, physically fit obama.

there is a very real possibility palin will end up with mccain's job, and at least you acknowledge that you don't think she is not ready for that job yet.

again, thanks.

my qualm is this: john mccain is 72

Yes, and his mother is 96, in good health, and in full command of her faculties, so your point is......WHAT?

and has had multiple bouts with cancer,

SKIN cancer. The fact is that according to the CDC, there were only 7,215 deaths from skin cancer in the US in 1999, which works out to be 1 in every 41,580, and almost all of those are because they didn't seek medical attention in time. Senator McCain has received CONSTANT medical screening and attention to deal with his skin cancer, so your point is a classic Non Sequitur.

and although i wish him many more happy years anywhere but the white house, you can't deny that he is more likely to die or be severely incapacitated (by natural causes) than the 47-year-old, physically fit obama.

And Obama is just as likely to get sick and die from Sickle Cell Anemia, since it affects 1 in every 500 Blacks, far more by a factor of 83 than deaths from skin cancer.

there is a very real possibility palin will end up with mccain's job, and at least you acknowledge that you don't think she is not ready for that job yet.

Well he may have conceded your point, but I stand ready to dispute it, on the fact of experience alone, and Obama isn't even in the same league with her when it comes to experience.

you want to count palin's mayoral experience? ok, but then you have to answer for her desire to ban books, her requests for tens of millions of dollars in federal earmarks, and her record of driving that town into debt.
I don't have to answer shat... the answers are out there, you would just ignore them anyway since your blinded by hatred.
in what way is obama's community organization experience corrupt? i have heard nothing on this story, apart from a quick glance at the thread on this board, and a quick googling turns up nothing but right-wing blogs and trash journalism. if daily kos isn't a valid source, neither are they.
When the Media is ALL in the tank for Obama, you don't see the important stories about him - The ones that would ruin his career:
For 15 years now, Cledell Kemp has worked for ACORN, the same community organization Senator Obama was involved with.--CBS
Obama himself talking about his ties to the group:
'I come out of a grassroots organizing background. That's what I did for three and half years before I went to law school. That's the reason I moved to Chicago was to organize. So this is something that I know personally, the work you do, the importance of it. I've been fighting alongside Acorn on issues you care about my entire career. Even before I was an elected official, when I ran Project Vote voter registration drive in Illinois, Acorn was smack dab in the middle of it, and we appreciate your work.' -- WSJ
Compare what was said in the article I posted to what DEMOCRAT elected officials and ACORN leaders said while speaking AT ACORN:
Part 1
Part 2
ACORN is in over 100 cities... Here's just ONE city:
Milwaukee has discovered some more voter fraud with 10 more voter registration workers are being investigated by Wisconsin authorities. Fittingly, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel covered the story in its paper on August 29. Unfittingly, the Journal Sentinel forgot one, tiny aspect of the story... that the voter fraud was perpetrated by Democrats. In fact, one of the organizations, ACORN, is intimately linked with Barack Obama.--Newsbusters
as far as DAYS of experience... congratulations on figuring out that the senate isn't in session year round? if it were, obama would have more days of experience.. it's a misleading standard and you know it.
Its not at all misleading, it cuts straight to the point... Governors and Mayors don't get time off, neither does the President... Only Legislators get to do that. Governors, Mayors and Presidents have to make decisions year round, and are held accountable for their record: 145-540, Palin Wins.

Yes, and his mother is 96, in good health, and in full command of her faculties, so your point is......WHAT?

SKIN cancer. The fact is that according to the CDC, there were only 7,215 deaths from skin cancer in the US in 1999, which works out to be 1 in every 41,580, and almost all of those are because they didn't seek medical attention in time. Senator McCain has received CONSTANT medical screening and attention to deal with his skin cancer, so your point is a classic Non Sequitur.

And Obama is just as likely to get sick and die from Sickle Cell Anemia, since it affects 1 in every 500 Blacks, far more by a factor of 83 than deaths from skin cancer.

Well he may have conceded your point, but I stand ready to dispute it, on the fact of experience alone, and Obama isn't even in the same league with her when it comes to experience.

spoken like someone who hasn't the first clue how cancer, or medicine in general, works. having ONE melanoma increases your chances of dying of cancer by 400%. mccain has had 2 or 3? if obama had sickle cell, he would already know and be able to medicate against it, because it's a genetic condition. there's no pill to ward off metastatic cancer.

the fact that you pull out sickle cell as a counterargument to CANCER shows either extreme ignorance or pervasive, subconscious racism. either way it's a fantastically ignorant statement.

genseneca: wow, a handful of people in another city did something bad! i'm not going to bother watching videos that begin with "defeat obama now," as i'm sure you would dismiss my posts is they begain with "OMG MCCAIN=HITLER LOLOLOL" did obama do something fraudulent? is there any material connection you can show me to obama from the period and the city where he was actually working? unless, you can, it's irrelevant.

and yet, you won't answer my questions about palin being a book burner or a financial disaster in her hometown. funny.

as a senator, obama worked on behalf of ALL americans, even if you disagree with his goals and methods. palin has never had to serve anyone outside alaska.

wow, a handful of people in another city did something bad! i'm not going to bother watching videos that begin with "defeat obama now," as i'm sure you would dismiss my posts is they begain with "OMG MCCAIN=HITLER LOLOLOL" did obama do something fraudulent?
Wow, your incredibly [expletive deleted]. Aside from that intro... the ENTIRE video is DEMOCRATS speaking AT ACORN along with ACORN Leaders - Damning evidence AGAINST Obama! But you can't take it... So you chase ghosts like the BS claim that Palin burns books and wrecked her cities budget... BTW Where is YOUR proof of any of THAT nonsense?

as a senator, obama worked on behalf of ALL americans, even if you disagree with his goals and methods.

By doing WHAT??? HOW did he work on behalf of ALL Americans? HE WORKED FOR THE DEMOCRAT PARTY, PERIOD. He voted 100% of the time with the Democrats.... Do YOU actually believe the Democrats work on behalf of All Americans?

Wow, your incredibly [expletive deleted]. Aside from that intro... the ENTIRE video is DEMOCRATS speaking AT ACORN along with ACORN Leaders - Damning evidence AGAINST Obama! But you can't take it... So you chase ghosts like the BS claim that Palin burns books and wrecked her cities budget... BTW Where is YOUR proof of any of THAT nonsense?

hi, welcome to this week.

http://www.time.com/time/politics/article/0,8599,1837918,00.html

"She asked how she could go about banning books..."

http://dwb.adn.com/news/politics/story/8334949p-8231037c.html

"debt rose... to $5.8 million in fiscal 2002"

it's very easy to find. are you incompetent or a liar?

By doing WHAT??? HOW did he work on behalf of ALL Americans? HE WORKED FOR THE DEMOCRAT PARTY, PERIOD. He voted 100% of the time with the Democrats.... Do YOU actually believe the Democrats work on behalf of All Americans?

by definition, all senators work on legislation that effects everyone in the country. it has nothing to do with party, in fact i specifically pointed that out. john mccain works on behalf of all americans, too, even though i don't agree with him. governors only work for their state.

(edit) if there's any veracity to your claims about acorn, you should be able to find something about it that is not from a rabidly and obviously anti-obama source, no? tell me if you can't find anything else and i'll go back and watch them out of curiosity, but you know full well that if this post had links to daily kos and think progress you would not acknowledge them as valid.

my qualm is this: john mccain is 72 and has had multiple bouts with cancer, and although i wish him many more happy years anywhere but the white house, you can't deny that he is more likely to die or be severely incapacitated (by natural causes) than the 47-year-old, physically fit obama.

again, thanks.

If obama wins an unexperienced moron takes control day one

if Mccain wins a more experienced than obama but not as much as needed would take control at some point "IF" something happened to mccain.

it would be stupid to think its better for the unexperienced person should for sure take control day one unless there was no other alternative.

IF the obama ticket were Biden obama then it would be almost exactly like the McCain Palin ticket and there would be no arguments with anyone on experience, iThe issue wouldn't even be on the table.

spoken like someone who hasn't the first clue how cancer, or medicine in general, works.

And on that score, you would be....WRONG!!! Do you want to discuss skin Basal Cell carcinoma, skin squamous cell carcinoma, or just the Melanoma that McCain had?

having ONE melanoma increases your chances of dying of cancer by 400%. mccain has had 2 or 3?

He had an operation in 2000 to remove the melanoma, and has been cancer free ever since, so everyone is giving him a clean bill of health. His medical records were released in May of this year, and reviewed by EVERYONE, so again, your assertion is specious at best.

if obama had sickle cell, he would already know and be able to medicate against it, because it's a genetic condition. there's no pill to ward off metastatic cancer.

You have no basis to assume his cancer is now, or has ever been metastatic, so again, a Non Sequitur.

the fact that you pull out sickle cell as a counterargument to CANCER shows either extreme ignorance or pervasive, subconscious racism. either way it's a fantastically ignorant statement.

You can take your racism BS, turn it sideways, and shove it up your fourth point of contact, and the only ignorant statements I've seen around here are coming from YOU. You're the one that brought up that rediculous "cancer" scare tactic, and I threw an equally rediculous one right back at you, and you have the temerity to complain?? Obama stands a far greater chance of dropping dead tomorrow from Sickle Cell than McCain does from skin cancer, and if you really DID know anything about medicine at all, you would KNOW that.

Werbung:
you won't answer my questions about palin being a book burner

According to your source, she did NOT attempt to burn books. Additionally, your source cites the person she ran against and defeated for the position of Mayor as the ONLY person claiming she attempted to BAN books. Thats like asking Kerry or Gore about Bush's position and expecting an honest answer.

$3.9 million in fiscal 1996 to $5.8 million in fiscal 2002
Whats Obama's fiscal record? Oh he doesn't have one as a Legislator...
Palin was able to cut property taxes by three-quarters while eliminating small taxes such as the personal property tax and the business inventory tax.
Palin cut property tax by 75% and the debt over 6 years only went up 1.9 million... Better than Obama's record.

it's very easy to find.
Oh how I wish Obama would have been held under the Microscope like Palin has been... Of course, he would not be where he is today if he had.
are you incompetent or a liar?
I'm losing my patience with you... Are you always like this?

Back