If Obamacare DOES pass, what should each of us do then?

Little-Acorn

There's lots of debate over whether the Fed Govt should take over Health Care, and to what extent, etc.

Well, suppose it does happen. What do we do then?

Several proposals are out there. Most seem to have several things in common:

1.) Health care insurance will now be mandatory for everyone. If you don't want to sign up, you will be assessed a fine, maybe around the level of $700 per year.

2.) Employers will also face a similar choice. It might depend on how many employees they have. They can either provide insurance for their employees, or they can pay a similar fine to the government for each employee they DON'T insure.

3.) All insurance companies will be required to offer insurance that complies with new government standards, including to anyone who has a pre-existing condition. People who want to sign up, who already have a condition the insurance must pay for (broken arm, diabetes, cancer, other long-term chronic condition etc.), cannot be refused coverage due to that pre-existing condition.

Everyone wants, naturally, to minimize the costs they have to pay, while maintaining sufficient security in case bad things happen.

With these factors in mind, it becomes clear what companies must do, and what each individual should do.

A) We should each drop our present health insurance, as soon as possible. It will cost less to simply pay the annual fine. If you're getting your health insurance thru your employer, negotiate with them to start paying the amount they spend on your policy, directly to you in your paycheck instead. You might find that your employer is soon dropping ALL insurance policies, since it will cost them less to pay their fine too.

B) If/when you incur some major medical problem, THEN go to an insurance company and sign up. The problem you came down with, is now a pre-existing condition... but under the new rules, the insurance company cannot refuse you. They will sign you up for the normal coverage, on the spot, and most of your expenses will be paid for. You will pay the normal premiums during the time they are paying for your medical care, which are far less than your paying for the care yourself.

C) When your condition is cured, drop the insurance, go back to paying only the annual fine (which is much less than the premiums) and wait for the next major malady to come along. If one comes, then sign up for insurance again, after it's diagnosed. Again, they cannot refuse you.

This will get you the security of being able to have insurance pay for anything bad that comes along, while minimizing the amount you have to pay. A win-win situation all around, wouldn't you say?

Of course, how this system will be able to support itself, with basically nobody paying premiums (except the relatively small fine) until they have a condition where they will draw out much more than they pay in, might be a problem. But it's not YOUR problem. Government is handling it. Let them worry.

Comments/questions?

Werbung:
There's lots of debate over whether the Fed Govt should take over Health Care, and to what extent, etc.

1.) Health care insurance will now be mandatory for everyone. If you don't want to sign up, you will be assessed a fine, maybe around the level of $700 per year.

2.) Employers will also face a similar choice. It might depend on how many employees they have. They can either provide insurance for their employees, or they can pay a similar fine to the government for each employee they DON'T insure.

3.) All insurance companies will be required to offer insurance that complies with new government standards, including to anyone who has a pre-existing condition. People who want to sign up, who already have a condition the insurance must pay for (broken arm, diabetes, cancer, other long-term chronic condition etc.), cannot be refused coverage due to that pre-existing condition.

Everyone wants, naturally, to minimize the costs they have to pay, while maintaining sufficient security in case bad things happen.

With these factors in mind, it becomes clear what companies must do, and what each individual should do.

A) We should each drop our present health insurance, as soon as possible. It will cost less to simply pay the annual fine. If you're getting your health insurance thru your employer, negotiate with them to start paying the amount they spend on your policy, directly to you in your paycheck instead. You might find that your employer is soon dropping ALL insurance policies, since it will cost them less to pay their fine too.

B) If/when you incur some major medical problem, THEN go to an insurance company and sign up. The problem you came down with, is now a pre-existing condition... but under the new rules, the insurance company cannot refuse you. They will sign you up for the normal coverage, on the spot, and most of your expenses will be paid for. You will pay the normal premiums during the time they are paying for your medical care, which are far less than your paying for the care yourself.

C) When your condition is cured, drop the insurance, go back to paying only the annual fine (which is much less than the premiums) and wait for the next major malady to come along. If one comes, then sign up for insurance again, after it's diagnosed. Again, they cannot refuse you.

This will get you the security of being able to have insurance pay for anything bad that comes along, while minimizing the amount you have to pay. A win-win situation all around, wouldn't you say?

Of course, how this system will be able to support itself, with basically nobody paying premiums (except the relatively small fine) until they have a condition where they will draw out much more than they pay in, might be a problem. But it's not YOUR problem. Government is handling it. Let them worry.

Comments/questions?

Die a little piece at a time on the inside. But hey at least now I can tell my grandparents to contribute more out of their own pockets instead of it being the other way around for their medicare and medicare part D.

What about the leetle problem I mentioned in the last full paragraph?

I mentioned it was government's problem, not yours.

But if you are IN the government, and the problem is assigned to you to clear up..... what will you do?

Comments/questions?

if by hook AND by crooks!! this insane BILL should pass with its provision FORCING INSURANCE COMPANIES TO INSURE EVERY ONE , EVEN THOSE WITH EXISTING HEALTH PROBLEMS---THEN I WILL CANCEL MY HEALTH INSURANCE AND WAIT UNTIL I GET ILL and then JOIN A PROGRAM!! SAVE MONEY!!!
BUT INSURANCE COMPANIES WILL GO BROKE!! YES THAT IS CORRECT!! THEY WILL SOON GO OUT OF BUSINESS!! THAT IS WHAT OBAMA AND HIS AMERICA HATING democrats WANT TO HAPPEN!! THEN ONLY OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT WILL INSURE YOU!! THEY WILL CONTROL YOUR LIFE!!!!
NOW YOU UNDERSTAND???
WE DO NOT WANT OBAMAS' HEALTH CARE SCAM!!

Move to Porkyland, in Costa Rica?????

I hear the gated-community-plans, down-there, are state-o'-the-art!!!

CIMG2097.JPG

LimbaughPig-718573.jpg

Mayor Porky

What about the leetle problem I mentioned in the last full paragraph?

I mentioned it was government's problem, not yours.

But if you are IN the government, and the problem is assigned to you to clear up..... what will you do?
The groundwork's already been done.

Ya' gotta get outta your bunker, from-time-to-time....

:rolleyes:

if by hook AND by crooks!! this insane BILL should pass with its provision FORCING INSURANCE COMPANIES TO INSURE EVERY ONE , EVEN THOSE WITH EXISTING HEALTH PROBLEMS---THEN I WILL CANCEL MY HEALTH INSURANCE AND WAIT UNTIL I GET ILL and then JOIN A PROGRAM!! SAVE MONEY!!!
Welcome to the REAL World.....of Competition.​

Comments/questions?

The fine (tax) is way more than $700.00, I think, but I like your plan.

What government continuously fails to understand is social engineering attempts only set up obstacles that the creative find ways around.

The Community Reinvestment Act is a steller example....manipulating lenders through law, to force them to loan to the previously unqualified.

We see where that's gotten us.

Another point... I suspect there will be a maximum annual income requirement to receive "free" health care subsidies for the "47 million" uninsured. For the sake of argument, let's say that number is $20,000 per year. Now, would I be more or less inclined to get a better job, or accept a raise that lifts my income above the threshold... and risk being removed from the dole? I'd say less. If I currently made slightly above the threshold, say 22K, I'd also be looking for ways to hide income and assets so I could get on the dole....guaranteeing expansion of yet another government entitlement program.

HCR has never been about saving money, or health care. It's merely a disingenous stab at creating another socio-political 'third rail' that will perpetually favor fear peddling Democrats, and the first Democrat campaign ad you see, maybe 3, 5, or 7 years from now, declaring "If you vote for so and so, well, their gonna take away your health care entitlement will prove it.

First off, private companies with limited capital cannot compete with government with unlimited resources.

Next, NO government program has ever driven down the cost of anything. Take a look at how well the prescription drug plan worked.

Then, insurance companies stand to make billions off this scheme.

http://crooksandliars.com/dday/insurance-companies-support-health-care-refor

Welcome to the real world.

Personally I IGNORE MRS shaman, she makes no sense at all! Why do you waste your time? Many posters appreciate your imput, shaman offers nothing but uninformed childist liberal garbage!
I decided sometime back to use the time I spent posting shaman to go to the Bathroom! I feel much better !!!! Try It!!

Personally I IGNORE MRS shaman, she makes no sense at all! Why do you waste your time? Many posters appreciate your imput, shaman offers nothing but uninformed childist liberal garbage!
I decided sometime back to use the time I spent posting shaman to go to the Bathroom! I feel much better !!!! Try It!!

Everytime I take a crap I think of the left wing loonies. And a good crap is good for the colon, and does relieve the system.

Everytime I see these fools post I think of the comment by Pelosi when she was asked about the problems people see in their bill. Her remark was that they would have to first pass the bill, then see about fixing it.

Why in the hell would anyone pass a bill that they know is flawed unless they have no intention of fixing it?

Pardon, but you sexism is showing.

Werbung:

Sure always..and the only thing you've offered since you showed up here is:

uninformed childish Faux News inspired garbage

And unfortunately....I'm not joking

Back