1. Discuss politics - join our community by registering for free here! HOP - the political discussion forum

If state provided healthcare is so bad....

Discussion in 'World Politics' started by Dawkinsrocks, Feb 10, 2012.

1. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

Hold on now -- I have not used the bible to back up my arguments. YOU brought it up to claim you could not be rich and christian -- I stated I disagreed, and then stated if you really wanted to argue over the bible there were passages that disagreed 100% with your argument.

In no way shape or form have I used the bible to argue for my position. Your assertion that I have is simply incorrect.

2. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

As Gen stated -- I do not enjoy being forced to work for the benefit of someone else.

We already have a system in place in the US such as you describe.

The great thing about this country is that anyone can accomplish anything.

Nothing -- which is why I help out all the time. It is not the helping out that anyone objects to -- it is being forced to participate in wasteful programs.

Race card being played already? Pathetic.

You continually miss the point -- intentionally. I am happy to donate money, time, etc -- but I don't need to be forced to do so.

3. Arbopa

Arbopa Well-Known Member

No, it does not go for me.

See, I believe in the principles the country was founded upon. I believe in the Constitution, and the processes it contains. I believe in the rights we were born with, that the Constitution protects. I believe even the founders saw the possibility of us getting to where we now find ourselves, and had hoped the way they set things up would prevent us getting to this point.

So I stay and fight for my country and what it was founded on. I stay and fight to keep those that want us to tear up the Constitution, and be ignorant of history, from changing us into something we were never meant to be.

Pandora likes this.
  4. Dawkinsrocks

Dawkinsrocks Well-Known Member

Ohh big rob, you don't like facts and reason get in your way do you

The US spends more on healthcare than any country but is 37th in the nations leave of healthcare

Your system us shit

That us why your infant mortality rate is grim and thousands of your fellow countrymen die unnecessarily

Your desperate sophistry does not hide the fact that you are vicious and disingenuous

And as for your assertion that you can achieve anything in the US I have to take a short break to vomit
    You sound like a desperate wannabe on X factor obediently repeating their lines

Grow up

5. Dawkinsrocks

America is a savage nation in which the half witted population are conned into thinking it is great

Well lots of them anyway and certainly most of the people posting on this board

6. Dawkinsrocks

You guys don't seem to mind people being forced to pay for armies and pigs

7. BigRob

BigRob Well-Known Member

I would submit I have some of the beat healthcare in the world. I pay for it, and i feel I get what I pay for. I don't have wait times at the doctor, if I needed a major procedure I wouldn't have to wait for it.

And these problems are gone if costs are brought down? I think not.

I don't pretend that it is my job to care for everyone.

There are countless accounts of just that. My family has done it, plenty of my friends have as well. I even went to high school (years ago admittedly) with a homeless child - who obtained a full scholarship to college. He now has a fine job and a home etc.

If you put in the work, you can break out of the vicious cycle you might have been born into.

Because anyone who disagrees with you is clearly not as wise or informed right? You seem to indicate being forced to care for others (instead of helping them of my own free will) is some stage of high enlightenment. What a joke.

Pandora likes this.
  8. GenSeneca

GenSeneca Well-Known Member

It seems you are having a difficult time engaging in a civilized conversation... Let's try this again.

You asked a question - I answered it. Now it is your turn to answer my question, because that's how a conversation among adults actually works.

What is it about allowing people the freedom to choose whether or not they'd like to render assistance to those in need that so greatly offends you?

Pandora and dogtowner like this.
  9. Dawkinsrocks

Millions of people earn so little they cannot afford healthcare

Stop dressing up your nastiness in the language of the libertarian right, try to think for yourself and explain how people who can't afford health insurance get decent healthcare

They aren't choosing bad health

They can't afford good health

That is why overall the stats for US healthcare are amongst the worst in the western world

That is something to be ashamed of

Openmind likes this.