If state provided healthcare is so bad....

Hang on big rob, do you take the bible literally or metaphorically?

If you don't take it at all why do you keep using it to substantiate your arguments?

At best it sounds like you are saying the bible is contradictory on the subject of the compatibility of wealth and Christianity which implies you are interpreting the bible which as we all know you don't do

Hold on now -- I have not used the bible to back up my arguments. YOU brought it up to claim you could not be rich and christian -- I stated I disagreed, and then stated if you really wanted to argue over the bible there were passages that disagreed 100% with your argument.

In no way shape or form have I used the bible to argue for my position. Your assertion that I have is simply incorrect.

Werbung:
And what is it about paying a little extra in tax to ensure that everyone has healthcare that offends you so much?
P
It doesn't offend me

As Gen stated -- I do not enjoy being forced to work for the benefit of someone else.

I am much happier knowingthat my fellow countrymen all have access to good healthcare for a small contribution from me and others. It seems to me that you would have to be pretty vile to object

We already have a system in place in the US such as you describe.

The fact is that the single biggest determinant of how you will turn out is the accident of your birth

You can argue all you like that it is how hard you work but if you had been born in Ethiopia your life would have been very different indeed no matter how hard you worked

Similarly, being born into a poor single parent family massively increases your likelihood of being poor yourself

The great thing about this country is that anyone can accomplish anything.

So what is wrong with those lucky enough to be born into favourable circumstances helping out?

Nothing -- which is why I help out all the time. It is not the helping out that anyone objects to -- it is being forced to participate in wasteful programs.

I am really struggling to not think it is because a disproportionate number of poor people are black

Race card being played already? Pathetic.

So come on good Christian patriotic Americans ...what is wrong with contributing a tiny bit extra for the knowledge that your countrymen don't need to die prematurely for want of healthcare?

You continually miss the point -- intentionally. I am happy to donate money, time, etc -- but I don't need to be forced to do so.

And this goes for you too! If you don't like the way the Country is heading, if you don't like the fact that we finally have a President that does look for the welfare of everyone, not just the very wealthy. . .you can move to any dictatorship countries you would like. No one forces you to stay here. Now. . .you probably have about 9 month to decide where else you would like to live. . .because I do believe that Obama will be reelected.
Good luck!

No, it does not go for me.

See, I believe in the principles the country was founded upon. I believe in the Constitution, and the processes it contains. I believe in the rights we were born with, that the Constitution protects. I believe even the founders saw the possibility of us getting to where we now find ourselves, and had hoped the way they set things up would prevent us getting to this point.

So I stay and fight for my country and what it was founded on. I stay and fight to keep those that want us to tear up the Constitution, and be ignorant of history, from changing us into something we were never meant to be.

Ohh big rob, you don't like facts and reason get in your way do you

The US spends more on healthcare than any country but is 37th in the nations leave of healthcare

Your system us shit

That us why your infant mortality rate is grim and thousands of your fellow countrymen die unnecessarily

Your desperate sophistry does not hide the fact that you are vicious and disingenuous

And as for your assertion that you can achieve anything in the US I have to take a short break to vomit
You sound like a desperate wannabe on X factor obediently repeating their lines

Grow up

America is a savage nation in which the half witted population are conned into thinking it is great

Well lots of them anyway and certainly most of the people posting on this board

Ohh big rob, you don't like facts and reason get in your way do you

The US spends more on healthcare than any country but is 37th in the nations leave of healthcare

Your system us shit

I would submit I have some of the beat healthcare in the world. I pay for it, and i feel I get what I pay for. I don't have wait times at the doctor, if I needed a major procedure I wouldn't have to wait for it.

That us why your infant mortality rate is grim and thousands of your fellow countrymen die unnecessarily

And these problems are gone if costs are brought down? I think not.

Your desperate sophistry does not hide the fact that you are vicious and disingenuous
I don't pretend that it is my job to care for everyone.

And as for your assertion that you can achieve anything in the US I have to take a short break to vomit
You sound like a desperate wannabe on X factor obediently repeating their lines

There are countless accounts of just that. My family has done it, plenty of my friends have as well. I even went to high school (years ago admittedly) with a homeless child - who obtained a full scholarship to college. He now has a fine job and a home etc.

If you put in the work, you can break out of the vicious cycle you might have been born into.

Because anyone who disagrees with you is clearly not as wise or informed right? You seem to indicate being forced to care for others (instead of helping them of my own free will) is some stage of high enlightenment. What a joke.

It seems you are having a difficult time engaging in a civilized conversation... Let's try this again.

You asked a question - I answered it. Now it is your turn to answer my question, because that's how a conversation among adults actually works.

What is it about allowing people the freedom to choose whether or not they'd like to render assistance to those in need that so greatly offends you?

Werbung:
Millions of people earn so little they cannot afford healthcare

Stop dressing up your nastiness in the language of the libertarian right, try to think for yourself and explain how people who can't afford health insurance get decent healthcare

They aren't choosing bad health

They can't afford good health

That is why overall the stats for US healthcare are amongst the worst in the western world

That is something to be ashamed of

Back