If state provided healthcare is so bad....

Big Rob doesn't think healthcare is a right

what about education eh Big Rob?

Your views on this are in the cave

And your attempt at statistical analysis is yet again asinine

There are 5-6 x as many people in the US and around 50 million of them have no access to healthcare. That is roughly the population of the uk.

Werbung:
Big Rob doesn't think healthcare is a right

That is correct.

what about education eh Big Rob?

That depends on what you mean by education -- if you say a college education is a right, I would absolutely disagree. What is it you mean by this question?

Your views on this are in the cave

What is it in your opinion that makes healthcare a right?

And your attempt at statistical analysis is yet again asinine

There are 5-6 x as many people in the US and around 50 million of them have no access to healthcare. That is roughly the population of the uk.

I made no attempt at any statistical comparison in this thread -- so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Big Rob, I oe you an apology

It was Gen who compared the spending of the US with the UK. Not you

Rights change with time as do luxuries

A refrigerator was a luxury. Now it is a necessity

As society becomes more intelectually and financially developed then the rights of citizens increase to include stuff like clean water, education and healthcare

The kind of people who oppose this kind of thinking are vicious.

And many of them are christians.

Nauseating

Rights change with time as do luxuries

A refrigerator was a luxury. Now it is a necessity
So everyone has a "right" to a refrigerator?

As society becomes more intelectually and financially developed then the rights of citizens increase to include stuff like clean water, education and healthcare
That doesn't answer the question of why you consider such things to be "rights", because these things are necessities? Is it government's job to provide the population with every possible necessity?

Why do you believe it is a right?

Because we have the STATED right to "the pursuit of happiness," which is purposely left as a very subjective comment, and doesn't even make sense unless we look at what is ABSOLUTELY essential to the pursuit of happiness, what would totally impede any of us from pursuing happiness.

And I would say that, watching my child suffering from cancer and not having the means to access full health care for it would certainly impede me from "pursuing happiness!"

And working my butt off to make a living, but suffering from a bleeding ulcer, or finding a lumpin my breast, but having to delay seeing a doctor until it becomes an "emergency" and I am able to get to the emergency room and beg for "free STABILIZING" health care only would certainly impede my progress toward my "pursuit of happiness!"

And, having had to wait until it was to late to see a doctor, and suddenly being diagnosed in a "free" emergency room with type 4 pancreatic cancer would certainly impede my "right to live!"

It is common for some on the left to pick and choose items from the founding documents to support their desires, while not caring about the majority of those documents.

Being that I work in the health care industry, let me inform you of a hard, cold fact Openmind. The huge obamacare bill that was passed, without anyone reading, is going to drive down both quality and availability of care. Period.

"the pursuit of happiness"
not in the Constitution and rights were enumerated for a reason.
more to the point, it implies a lack of gov4rnment interference that impedes it.

Because we have the STATED right to "the pursuit of happiness," which is purposely left as a very subjective comment, and doesn't even make sense unless we look at what is ABSOLUTELY essential to the pursuit of happiness, what would totally impede any of us from pursuing happiness.
So anything you consider to be "essential" to your pursuit of happiness should be provided to you by the government?

So anything you consider to be "essential" to your pursuit of happiness should be provided to you by the government?

Another very silly statement. . .are you really trying to make the false equivalency between access to life saving medical care and a refrigerator or a television?

I'm sorry, but I will leave it at that! . .you do a perfectly good job embarrassing yourself when you become desperate!

Once again, it's kind of sad to see how easy it is for someone who generally appears intelligent and rational to fall into the ridiculous pit of political spin!

It is common for some on the left to pick and choose items from the founding documents to support their desires, while not caring about the majority of those documents.

Being that I work in the health care industry, let me inform you of a hard, cold fact Openmind. The huge obamacare bill that was passed, without anyone reading, is going to drive down both quality and availability of care. Period.

Then you and your friends the GOP should not have fought so hard to kill any chance to a public OPTION!

Hey dog

You lot on the right love government interference

So long as it is your government interfering in other governments where they have absolutely no place

Tell me, if you guys found yourself shipwrecked and in a lifeboat with 10 others and you had just one loaf of bread how would you distribute it?

Would you fight for it so the strongest gets it?

Would you auction it so the richest gets it?

Or would you share it?

Your arguments on healthcare commit you to the second answer and I think this makes it very clear exactly what kind of people you are.

Christian hypocrites

Werbung:
Ironic isn't it?

Here I am, an avowed atheist and yet I am in favour of sharing my wealth to help my fellow man, I'm opposed to war, discrimination, the abuse of human rights, animal cruelty and poverty

In total contradistinction to Christians posting on this board.

It must be awful being a Christian and having to be so vile to your fellow man

Is that really what Jesus Christ taught?

Back