If Trump Appeals Mostly To Whites . . .

Reddie

Fact is Trump's message resonates mostly with resentful whites and he even got an endorsement from a former KKK grand wizard.

Since the "White vote" will be split almost evenly between Trump and whoever is the Democrats presidential candidate, is there even a remote possibility that he can win the election?

Werbung:
Personally I don't think that Trump will get enough votes to end up in the Whitehouse but the fact I can see him competing for it is also a major concern to a lot of people.

No doubt whatever happens I think people on both sides will be sitting down to examine just how close they came to having Trump as the president of the US and will be trying to make sure something like that doesn't happen again.

Fact is Trump's message resonates mostly with resentful whites and he even got an endorsement from a former KKK grand wizard.

Since the "White vote" will be split almost evenly between Trump and whoever is the Democrats presidential candidate, is there even a remote possibility that he can win the election?
White vote will split evenly ? No evidence of that.
Hillary also got a KKK endorsement, wash.
This DNC meme regarding Trump support just ignores what is known about the voting and polling.
But do keep inventing stuff, it's nails in the HRC coffin

No. He can't win the country with only 30% of the Republican party supporting him. The GOP only represents 40% of the country and even if 30% of the 20% of the country's independents vote for Trump, he still gets demolished. I tink as many young people as showed up to vote FOR Obama in 08, would show up to vote AGAINST Trump. Trump is the worst possible nominee for the Right.

No. He can't win the country with only 30% of the Republican party supporting him. The GOP only represents 40% of the country and even if 30% of the 20% of the country's independents vote for Trump, he still gets demolished. I tink as many young people as showed up to vote FOR Obama in 08, would show up to vote AGAINST Trump. Trump is the worst possible nominee for the Right.
Young people will vote Trump over hrc.

Young people will vote Trump over hrc.

To be honest while Trump might split opinions, I also get the feeling that the younger generation of voters will be in favour of him.

If that's just a reflection of the other candidates and what they think of them I don't know, but it does look like from over here that Trump as got a fair bit of the youth on his side.

To be honest while Trump might split opinions, I also get the feeling that the younger generation of voters will be in favour of him.

If that's just a reflection of the other candidates and what they think of them I don't know, but it does look like from over here that Trump as got a fair bit of the youth on his side.
And it's growing.

I don't think we can tell exactly what would happen if Trump was up against Hillary. I think Hillary has the female vote hands down. We've seen a strangely large following for Trump, so I wont put anything past him. Him being very outspoken, a lot of time for terrible reasons, he resonates with a lot frustrated voters. Hillary also doesn't make a good case for herself with a lot of her past indiscretions.

I can see how he doesn't appeal to non whites. I don't think he appeals to women, either. How could he given some of his sexist remarks? And this old white guy doesn't find anyone who says things like:
1. “An ‘extremely credible source’ has called my office and told me that Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud"

Trump was determined to “expose” President Obama’s birthplace back in 2012, and even claimed to have sent investigators to Hawaii in the hopes of proving Obama wasn’t born in the United States.

2. “Robert Pattinson should not take back Kristen Stewart. She cheated on him like a dog & will do it again – just watch. He can do much better!”

Clearly Donald is a Team Edward kind of guy…

3. “Ariana Huffington is unattractive, both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man – he made a good decision.”

Trump always has charming things to say about successful, prominent women - but he stooped particularly low with this comment about Huffington Post founder.

4. “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass.”

Trump proves (again) that he views a woman's looks over anything else...

6. “I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”

and many, many more, some found here. Every time he opens his mouth, nonsense comes out of it.

I can see how he doesn't appeal to non whites. I don't think he appeals to women, either. How could he given some of his sexist remarks? And this old white guy doesn't find anyone who says things like:

and many, many more, some found here. Every time he opens his mouth, nonsense comes out of it.
moms like him because he's focused on the braindead economy. they want better for their children than they see coming from the dems. the mushy middle has refocused because the dems have failed them.

moms like him because he's focused on the braindead economy. they want better for their children than they see coming from the dems. the mushy middle has refocused because the dems have failed them.
Right. He's going to send all of the illegals packing and bring jobs back from overseas.
Except, he has no practical way of doing that. He's really like the snake oil salesman touting all of the wonderful things Doc Trump's Elixir can do. Why, are you feeling old? Doc Trump's will make you feel 21 again!

Right. He's going to send all of the illegals packing and bring jobs back from overseas.
Except, he has no practical way of doing that. He's really like the snake oil salesman touting all of the wonderful things Doc Trump's Elixir can do. Why, are you feeling old? Doc Trump's will make you feel 21 again!
Enforce immigration law and they go back on their own much as they did when there were no jobs even for them.

Enforce immigration law and they go back on their own much as they did when there were no jobs even for them.
Exactly.
But, what is Trump's "plan?" He's going to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it, then he's going to round up all 10 or 20 or however many millions of illegals there are and deport them.

Snake oil.

Been trying to enforce immigration law since 1986, and the Republicans want nothing to do with it even as the Democrats don't. So, where will Trump get the trillions of dollars needed to round them up, set them for hearings, shelter them, etc., and then ship them home? You do understand the concept of "anchor babies", right? Or so you, hmmmm.

http://www.cis.org/north/anchor-baby-mechanisms

"There are four different mechanisms at work here, as my CIS colleague, Jon Feere, and I see it:

• the most obvious, and the least numerically significant, is the right of a 21-year-old citizen to petition for immigrant status for a non-citizen parent. By definition, this cannot happen until at least 21 years have passed.
  • under some quite precise circumstances the presence of a U.S.-born child of an illegal alien, or a green card holder in trouble with the law, can cause a judge to grant legal status to an alien who would not get it otherwise.
  • much more important is the hidden, undocumented, and uncounted influence of the presence of a U.S.-citizen child in the household of an illegal alien; officials are less likely to deport the parent of such a child than they are to deport an alien who is otherwise similar, but childless.
  • the fourth mechanism may be more important than all the rest, and is the least susceptible to counting. This is the perception in the minds of the illegal alien parents, usually mothers, that somehow the presence of a U.S.-born baby will be helpful to parents in immigration proceedings. That thought process probably works, in most instances, without any detailed knowledge of the three mechanisms noted above.
From a broader policy point of view the presence of the U.S.-citizen child of an illegal alien is part of the whole business of chain migration, a worrisome process to many of us."

Werbung:
It's true that no one chose to enforce immigration and to varying degrees. But that's not to say it can't be done.
As you did not read what I said I'll restate. Enforce the law and they will leave on their own dime.
The money you save on welfare can be used to investigate businesses hiring them illegally.
Make the right thing easy and the wrong thing hard.
Shoot, do this and Mexico just might put up a wall to keep them out of Mexico !

Back