If you could go back into the 80s for a day...

Dude111

...what you you do?

I would bring 100s of dollars and buy lots of all this

M&Ms plain
Milky Way Bars
3 Musketeers
Hershey Bars (These changed 5 yrs ago to using SOY LECITHIN instead of SOYA LECITHIN (Which they had used for years) and as a result the bars and too sweet))

All the rest have changed since then and taste like crap (SKIM MILK IS USED INSTEAD OF REG MILK)

I would also get a good Walkman :)

Then i guess i would go skating at a roller skating rink (BOY DO I MISS DOING THAT,WE HAVE A RINK IN MY AREA BUT I DO NOT WANNA HEAR THIS CRAP/GARBAGE MUSIC THEY PLAY NOW!!)

Werbung:
...what you you do?

M&Ms plain
Milky Way Bars
3 Musketeers
Hershey Bars (These changed 5 yrs ago to using SOY LECITHIN instead of SOYA LECITHIN (Which they had used for years) and as a result the bars and too sweet))

All the rest have changed since then and taste like crap (SKIM MILK IS USED INSTEAD OF REG MILK)

Then i guess i would go skating at a roller skating rink (BOY DO I MISS DOING THAT,WE HAVE A RINK IN MY AREA BUT I DO NOT WANNA HEAR THIS CRAP/GARBAGE MUSIC THEY PLAY NOW!!)
The 80's were like yesterday. However, in the late fifties through the 60's. How about Milky Way bars that were three times larger than today's and cost 5 cents. Hershey bars were never made of good chocolate, Cadberrys were smooth as silk.
Late 50's though late 60's music was better than the screaming they do now. I cannot understand a word they say.

I know that your suggestion was meant to be a stimulus for nostalgia. However, I am fascinated with the concept of time travel. Contrary to what many people believe, scientists have demonstrated that time is variable and may in fact be subject to manipulation enabling travel into the future.

One can research Black Holes and see what the scientists say would happen if we could approach the Black Hole's event horizon and then return to Earth. They claim that even though the traveler would not be able to detect anything unusual in regard to time, on return to Earth, hundreds if not thousands of years would have passed and the traveler would be no older than the time it took to get to the Black Hole and back. Fascinating stuff.

I would go back and invest in Microsoft. I'd like to drive my 1983 American Motors Gremlin again, it had a V-8, headers, traction bars, Pirelli radials, and it went like a scalded rat. Truth be told, however, I wouldn't go back, I don't miss my life of those days, my life now is much better. We have our own house and even have a pretty good used cat we got from the neighbor.:)

I know that your suggestion was meant to be a stimulus for nostalgia. However, I am fascinated with the concept of time travel. Contrary to what many people believe, scientists have demonstrated that time is variable and may in fact be subject to manipulation enabling travel into the future.

One can research Black Holes and see what the scientists say would happen if we could approach the Black Hole's event horizon and then return to Earth. They claim that even though the traveler would not be able to detect anything unusual in regard to time, on return to Earth, hundreds if not thousands of years would have passed and the traveler would be no older than the time it took to get to the Black Hole and back. Fascinating stuff.

Do you keep up on what is going on with the the Large Hadron Collider at CERN?

dahermit said:
I know that your suggestion was meant to be a stimulus for nostalgia. However, I am fascinated with the concept of time travel.
As am I :)

BTTF and The time machine were the BEST time travel movies ever i think!

I would go back and invest in Microsoft. I'd like to drive my 1983 American Motors Gremlin again, it had a V-8, headers, traction bars, Pirelli radials, and it went like a scalded rat. Truth be told, however, I wouldn't go back, I don't miss my life of those days, my life now is much better. We have our own house and even have a pretty good used cat we got from the neighbor.:)

Used cat? Was it a late model, only used to catch a mouse now and again?:D

I'm with you. I'd go back and buy as many shares of Microsoft as I could. I'd also add Apple to my portfolio.

...what you you do?

M&Ms plain
Milky Way Bars
3 Musketeers

I would: Tell Michael Jackson to quit messing around with his facial features & stay off of those fruit-cake drugs, tell O.J's wife to cut bait and run for the hills, I would invest all my hard earned wages in Wal-Mart stock, I would keep my worthless Haliburton shares {even when they got slapped with loosing federal contracts for working with RUSSIA during their Afghanistan invasion years}, but mostly I would spend more time with my son instead of working a full-time job and managing a small landscape business with my husband!!!

I'd like to drive my 1983 American Motors Gremlin again

Err, what? No Gremlin in 1983, dude.

(I have a 1974 Gremlin X.)

What would I do? Invest in Microsoft, Apple, Wal-Mart, and maybe Intel.

See Harry Chapin in concert.

As for a car, I'll take a 1985 Mustang (last of the carb'd V8's). :D

I cant even respond...I am so busy thinking about how time travel can work that my head is gonna blow up.

What if I met myself?

How would I get back?

Is it possible to be in two places at the same time, but what time is it!? Am I still in the other time area?

What if I swatted some mosqueto and was never born? Then how would I be there to kill the mosqueto?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 80's were like yesterday. However, in the late fifties through the 60's. How about Milky Way bars that were three times larger than today's and cost 5 cents. Hershey bars were never made of good chocolate, Cadberrys were smooth as silk.
Late 50's though late 60's music was better than the screaming they do now. I cannot understand a word they say.

OK know you've got me thinking candy!

Remember going Trick or Treating and getting FULL SIZE CANDY BARS!!!

oh yeah......;)

Err, what? No Gremlin in 1983, dude.

(I have a 1974 Gremlin X.)

What would I do? Invest in Microsoft, Apple, Wal-Mart, and maybe Intel.

See Harry Chapin in concert.

As for a car, I'll take a 1985 Mustang (last of the carb'd V8's). :D

Yeah, you're right, I meant 1973, a Gremlin X with the 304 V8.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I occasionally hear a F***! or a M**F*** on rap when I can't avoid listening to it, like when someone has a stereo set on 7 on the Richter Scale in the car next to me.

Country western is the only good music written since 1975 or so. You can take that one to the bank.

Werbung:
I cant even respond...I am so busy thinking about how time travel can work that my head is gonna blow up.

What if I met myself?

How would I get back?

Is it possible to be in two places at the same time, but what time is it!? Am I still in the other time area?

What if I swatted some mosqueto and was never born? Then how would I be there to kill the mosqueto?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Believe it or not, some very serious scientists predict some very strange and scary things would happen if you met yourself. Or if you went back in time and killed your father before you were born. What is interesting is that they have proved that time is variable.

Back